New Free Comic! "Sword & Shield"

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: New Free Comic! "Sword & Shield"

Postby begbie_rentonspud » September 11th, 2012, 8:09 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:I hope the kerfuffle at the start of last month hasn't put the kibosh on that final issue you guys mentioned. Any hint of a release date?

I, for one, am really looking forward to it.

Well... It almost did. I didn't take that all too well... But after a much needed break to regain my footing and a much needed pep talk from Trish, Doc, Fin and Macrolass, I'm back drawing up the new pages as we speak. I don't know how long it's going to take exactly, just due to my real-life schedule (sorry, I'm a nice guy but a free comic doesn't pay my bills :P) but at least I know what I'm doing now so it should get done in less time than the last one did. Just sit tight and bear with me.

~Begs

P.S. If you feel the need to put a foot in my ass, message me at http://begbierentonspud.deviantart.com/ . Let's just keep it PG-13, though... I don't want to get kicked off of DA. :P
begbie_rentonspud

Postby Champ » September 12th, 2012, 5:40 am

Good to hear it. :) Keep up the good work, Begbie! Much love for you! :)
Champ

Postby NoneNeeded » September 17th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Champ wrote:Good to hear it. :) Keep up the good work, Begbie! Much love for you! :)

I know I will feel a little bubble of joy the day I see the cover art on the upcoming page!

Thanks again for seeing this though.
NoneNeeded

Postby NoneNeeded » February 18th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Hello Bergie and Trish!

Well, I can't say my world has been joyless(See above). But I am still pining for that last little bit of happiness the conclusion will bring. Any hope of a June Wedding( Or at least a reunion) for some of our heroines?

Hope all is well, I have been hoping to see more of Bergie's artwork.
NoneNeeded

Postby NoneNeeded » March 1st, 2013, 7:24 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:Hello Bergie and Trish!

Well, I can't say my world has been joyless(See above). But I am still pining for that last little bit of happiness the conclusion will bring. Any hope of a June Wedding( Or at least a reunion) for some of our heroines?

But, alas, the silence was deafening.
NoneNeeded

Postby Trishbot » March 4th, 2013, 2:35 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:

Begbie is telling me this weekend is a "Sword & Shield" weekend. ;)
Trishbot

Postby begbie_rentonspud » March 4th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Trishbot wrote:
NoneNeeded wrote:

Begbie is telling me this weekend is a "Sword & Shield" weekend. ;)

Bergie? Who is this 'Bergie' you speak of? Just kidding.

Seriously, thanks for the kind words. Sorry, I haven't been around. I've been having some pretty serious health issues since the last S & S issue so I've been trying to take care of that so when I actually do this next and final issue, I won't associate this comic with pain and misery. I'm looking to have some serious fun with this and I really want to show it. And, yes, I will try to subdue myself from being too elaborate like I did with the last one. :P Anyway, I'm expecting to pickup some new equipment that's going to help me out through this and hopefully you'll see the new issue soon.

~Begs
begbie_rentonspud

Postby NoneNeeded » March 6th, 2013, 3:46 pm

begbie_rentonspud wrote: Bergie? Who is this 'Bergie' you speak of? Just kidding.

Seriously, thanks for the kind words. Sorry, I haven't been around. I've been having some pretty serious health issues since the last S & S issue so I've been trying to take care of that so when I actually do this next and final issue, I won't associate this comic with pain and misery. I'm looking to have some serious fun with this and I really want to show it. And, yes, I will try to subdue myself from being too elaborate like I did with the last one. :P Anyway, I'm expecting to pickup some new equipment that's going to help me out through this and hopefully you'll see the new issue soon.

~Begs

Sigh. Once I could blame on a typo, but twice in one post? Can I claim it was from not seeing well with those tear of sadness in my eyes?

I guess I should be glad I didn't type barbie.

Good luck and I hope you are on the mend. Or at least on the road to being on the mend.
NoneNeeded

Postby begbie_rentonspud » March 9th, 2013, 7:47 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:
begbie_rentonspud wrote: Bergie? Who is this 'Bergie' you speak of? Just kidding.

~Begs

Sigh. Once I could blame on a typo, but twice in one post? Can I claim it was from not seeing well with those tear of sadness in my eyes?

I guess I should be glad I didn't type barbie.

Good luck and I hope you are on the mend. Or at least on the road to being on the mend.

Whatevs... I'm just busting chops. :P And yes... At least I didn't get Barbie. But you can wipe them tears. I'm working on it right now because I finally got my Cintiq 12WX and it's helping me fly.

~Begs
begbie_rentonspud

Postby NoneNeeded » June 2nd, 2013, 7:29 pm

OK, I have to ask, with the Metrobay content having been rather suddenly removed, trishbot leaving for other venues and it having been almost another year since we saw the last issue, can we assume this is another dead storyline?
NoneNeeded

Postby begbie_rentonspud » June 16th, 2013, 3:44 pm

You can assume wrong...

Um... That sounded a little mean, but I assure it's not meant to be.

At present time, I am still working on it. The only excuse I can give you for the delay in this issue is due to a serious health scare that I have been dealing with since long before the last issue came out and came to a very serious head in October. And because of this, I haven't been doing much work on ANYTHING, which has been taking a major toll on my psyche because this is my responsibility as much as taking care of myself. And you can really blame me for being a little hesitant in doing this because of the last issue's "stellarly warm" reception.

But seriously, I'm pushing as hard as I can to get this final issue out ASAP.

~Begs
begbie_rentonspud

Postby NoneNeeded » June 17th, 2013, 3:23 pm

begbie_rentonspud wrote:You can assume wrong...

Um... That sounded a little mean, but I assure it's not meant to be.

At present time, I am still working on it. The only excuse I can give you for the delay in this issue is due to a serious health scare that I have been dealing with since long before the last issue came out and came to a very serious head in October. And because of this, I haven't been doing much work on ANYTHING, which has been taking a major toll on my psyche because this is my responsibility as much as taking care of myself. And you can really blame me for being a little hesitant in doing this because of the last issue's "stellarly warm" reception.

But seriously, I'm pushing as hard as I can to get this final issue out ASAP.

~Begs

Thanks for the reassurance. I just figured that with the departure of the MB crew and this being an MB title, it would not be showing up here at least. Other story lines did jump site so I figured we were out of luck.

Hope the health issues are behind you. I am dealing with some now and it does sap your drive.

And it may not have seemed like it, but I think the response from the public( as opposed to the staff) was generally upbeat on the last issue. I know I was looking forward to seeing more of your stuff and have had to live with the disappointment.

So I hope to see more soon.
NoneNeeded

Postby NoneNeeded » May 13th, 2014, 4:58 pm

So, did this one ever get a finish? And did it all get moved to metrobay? I can't find it here anymore.
NoneNeeded

Postby Northern Chill » May 13th, 2014, 5:54 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:So, did this one ever get a finish? And did it all get moved to metrobay? I can't find it here anymore.

Sword and Shield moved to the Metrobay section. As for if/when it may finish, this point was alluded to in mid February...Begbie and Trish both said they are working on it.

It is now mid May...so it may be imminent...or not...just depends on your level of optimism.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby NoneNeeded » May 14th, 2014, 7:49 am

Northern Chill wrote:
NoneNeeded wrote:So, did this one ever get a finish? And did it all get moved to metrobay? I can't find it here anymore.

Sword and Shield moved to the Metrobay section. As for if/when it may finish, this point was alluded to in mid February...Begbie and Trish both said they are working on it.

It is now mid May...so it may be imminent...or not...just depends on your level of optimism.

Thanks. Though I don't know where to look for it at this point. I don't see it here or at metrobay.

And I assume your info is from some private deliberations. Only comments I could find was a not from January on begbie's da page that it was on hold for health reasons I think.

NN
NoneNeeded

PreviousNext

Return to Trishbot