Free comic "Metrobay Chronicles - Body Image"

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Re: Free comic "Metrobay Chronicles - Body Image"

Postby dumbtime » September 16th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:I know who it is... I know who it is... Na nee na nee na na. :P

That makes 2 of us. :D
dumbtime

Postby nageth » September 17th, 2011, 8:13 am

dumbtime wrote:
Doctor Robo wrote:I know who it is... I know who it is... Na nee na nee na na. :P

That makes 2 of use. :D

So Cyren? >.> :D
nageth

Postby dumbtime » September 17th, 2011, 10:48 am

Wow. She does kinda of resemble Cyren. Never thought of that one.
dumbtime

Postby tomcat » September 17th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Guess all You like, people, just don't spoil it for us, who like surprises! :P
tomcat

Postby nageth » September 17th, 2011, 7:35 pm

I'm pretty much guessing to see how crazy far off I can get but still have a reason to guess it (only guess I felt could be close before the continuity fix there was OW).
nageth

Postby Tecknophyle » September 17th, 2011, 11:50 pm

dumbtime wrote:Wow. She does kinda of resemble Cyren. Never thought of that one.

Height's all wrong (Cyren is supposed to be shorter), and Cyren was originally nowhere near as built.
Tecknophyle

Postby Hector2 » October 2nd, 2011, 10:16 pm

Hi Akonkid!

First of all, congratulations, this issue was one of my favorites on one of my favorites stories! This story is one of your greates, like Vanishing Act or The Big Bust!

I loved Macrolass, Solaria and Snowflake cameos at page 259. Most of them, I loved “Tell it to the judge, punk”. By the way, we now know what happened to Giovanni, but what happened to Afron,

Did Hypnotica really did something to save the day? I’m not so sure, but I will give her points for urging Alpha Woman to talk to Ira. Really this story messed up all the relationship dynamics they have, doesn’t it?

I don’t know why, (maybe is the lighting of the cell), but Cleo’s face looks very beautiful at page 268 and 269.

Isn’t Cleo really losing it? “I did what you paid me to do! ‘Capture the girl!’, You never said I had to keep her captured?” Then she offers to finish the job. I’m surprised she didn’t charge extra. No really, this conversation would suffice in any court to oblige Cleo to give back the money!

The ending was very good. The ominous mysterious visitor. I loved the fact that Cleo didn´t call the visitor for her name (that is very common in comics) or that they are talking about “That heroine”. I think this is a clue. Why didn’t they identify the specific heroine?

About our villainess identity, Cyren has suffered a transformation and maybe she could be, but I don’t think she has the awesome power of converting a powerful sorceress into a empty zombie shell, so could I mention Noctrissa? She has the hair, the costume and the demonic powers, and his mistress Gothikka has a grudge against the Valiant legacy, hasn’t she?

Thanks for the awesome story!

Hector 2.
Hector2

Postby NoneNeeded » November 4th, 2012, 3:41 pm

I have been remiss in not thanking you for completing a storyline. This is a very rare occurrence on this site.

Even better is that fact that it was an excellent story.

I will make one negative comment.

I do wish that the jail cell foreshadowing hadn't been left hanging for so long. Continuity is determinately lacking in the MB universe. And it really detracts from the enjoyment.

Still, I hope see get to see more of your work soon. It is always fun.
NoneNeeded

Postby Trishbot » November 5th, 2012, 8:39 am

NoneNeeded wrote:I have been remiss in not thanking you for completing a storyline. This is a very rare occurrence on this site.

Even better is that fact that it was an excellent story.

I will make one negative comment.

I do wish that the jail cell foreshadowing hadn't been left hanging for so long. Continuity is determinately lacking in the MB universe. And it really detracts from the enjoyment.

Still, I hope see get to see more of your work soon. It is always fun.

Thanks. I was happy with this story.

Sorry about leaving the jail cell foreshadowing hanging for so long. The big issues is, actually, continuity. The mysterious figure is going to be a very big player in a story I have ready to go, but it involves Valient Grrl and she's currently under Belinda's evil thumb at the moment. I have plans to do this story by the start of next year, however.

I'd also argue that continuity is one of the BIGGER things the Metrobay universe has going for it. If you're confused I suggest you check out the Metrobay wiki, which has a long and robust continuity timeline for nearly every story any of us artists or writers have produced.
http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Chronology
Trishbot

Previous

Return to Akonkid