League of Liberty: Vanishing Act

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Re: League of Liberty: Vanishing Act

Postby cvn88 » March 10th, 2010, 4:57 pm

I really enjoyed this story. I thought it was well plotted, the decisions characters made were understandable within the context of the story, and it did not end with everyone being rescued and restored almost unchanged to their pre-story condition (in fact the end result was about as far from this as possible). On top of that, the artwork was amazing - I've always admired your skills and your work has never disappointed. Congrats to all involved on a wonderful adventure - I hope we get to revisit this little corner of the universe again in the not-to-distant future.
cvn88

Postby Trishbot » March 10th, 2010, 7:50 pm

While I'm said to see this series end, it was a fun ride from beginning to end. Vanishing Girl's become a favorite of many folks here I'm sure and I expect we'll see her in some capacity in the future.

Great job and I look forward to what's next!
Trishbot

Postby begbie_rentonspud » March 10th, 2010, 9:00 pm

So... What can I say about this series that would best reflect how I feel right now and what I think about you for coming up this? I'm thinking one word, two syllables... "Awe" and "Some" You are awesome. This series was awesome. Did I mention you were awesome? Think I said awesome enough? No? Here you go. Awesome, awesome, awe-some! If there was a word greater than awesome, please let me know. I would say "awe-full", but it sounds too much like awful and that is not what you have here. For me, you have batted a thousand with "League of Liberty". And with every new story, I seem to have a new favorite character. Thanks for making me fall in love with Vanishing Girl, btw :P I'm a little sad that this chapter is over, but I really can't wait for what you have in stored next. Kudos and rock on, sir.

Begbie_Rentonspud
begbie_rentonspud

Postby Akonkid » March 10th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Wow. Glad you enjoyed it so much! :D

Greater things are in store. I assure you. It's going to be an exciting time for several League heroines.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby ashleychloroformed » March 25th, 2010, 3:20 am

Been awhile since I commented but only I have caught up the latest issues.

I loved issue 5 and 6 and especially 10 and 11.

Great work 8-)
ashleychloroformed

Postby ach202577 » April 14th, 2010, 12:50 pm

vanishing act is good read it twice, see I can find good stories/art on both sites, now for the criticism hope vanishing girl doesn't stay a mindless plaything to think she thought of him as her white knight and now look I hope he gets his in the end.
Didn't mind the toymaster turning his two abusers into play toys and that owner of the magazine they all really deserved it,but the rest of the school he has overstepped himself and as they say in " big trouble in little china" " ****** must pay"
After reading some of the other comments I think the owner of the magazine would make for a perfect recruiter for the school.
off on a tangent here still waiting for that army of devoted followers of that other online comic to come down on my head for the remarks I made , oh and some people do not take criticism of their "vision" I've worked at a college for some time and let me tell you some of the artistic ones think their stuff is as good if not better than what the masters have done, but they never seem to take them home when college is over for the summer...
ach202577

Postby ach202577 » May 3rd, 2010, 9:58 am

wonder how long it'll take for brian to get tired of his mindless sexbots for reference how long was it before Max was tired with ginger and was all over dani?
There is something to be said for having a conversation with a person and just getting your rocks of,but if he were to set her free from what he's done that would end that but then again this story won't be revisited for sometime so why sweat the small stuff and according to another writer/artist everything on this site are "boob comics" and not high art. even though some give the impression other wise
ach202577

Postby Hector2 » December 1st, 2010, 1:09 am

Hi Akonkid

I'm sorry I'm late to the comments to your tale: Vanishing Act is not only a great tale, but I think is a good comic, even could be called "Art".

I give my reasons: In other comic stories (and not only in this site) , we have the stereotypical villains and heroines: the villains are bad because they want to enslave heroines, the heroines are good because they want to save people... but the truth is that everyone acts like that because the plot demands it!

Not in Step and Byron characterization: Step could be seen as a bitch that took advantage of Byron when they were young, but we can see that she is not a bad person. The trick is that you don't show her as a good person neither: Since the first panels we can see Step is a very confused woman trying to do her best to help the world, but also is spoiled and highly egotistical. I think Step is feeling guilty because she dismissed Megan as a spoiled brat, realising (only to late) that was the treatment Step got all her life from her parents, teachers and superiors in her job at superheroing. The only human that didn't treat her like a pampered bitch was Byron, and even when she doesn't love him (but is very impressed by him) at least has the decency of recognize that she acted condescending to him in school and don't want to take MORE advantages of him.

Byron's character is the same: an insecure but highly intelligent guy that is obsessed with the only girl who gave her the time of the day, even when she declared that she was not interested. His obsession with Step reached criminal levels, but is very plausible inside the context of the story.

I think the best part of this tale is that both are deeply flawed human beings: Step abused Byron and knows it, but it's to painful to accept it. Byron has commited the ultimate abuse not only with Step, but with a lot of strangers too (the girls at the academy). Byron doesn't even flinch about destroying Lola's mind, is a dark mirror of Step abuse of her powers by shoplifting expensive shoes.

The part that trascends this tale as an erotic tale and gives it true drama is that Byron and Step shared a connection since the very beginning: Both of them are utterly alone, don't know how to interact with other people without hurting them, both of them will go to any extent to get what they want, and if that hurts someone more it doesn't matter. Thew were egoist and shallow and don't realize that those are the problems they have with other people... and tragically, they were in the best of situations to understand the other. Of all the people whom they interacted, they were the perfect couple.

Thanks for your work

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Hector2 » January 16th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Hi Akonkid!

Only a question, if I want to make a comment about Femcomps (the tale you make for hipcomix) where would I post it?

Thank you

Hector
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » January 20th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi Akonkid!

Only a question, if I want to make a comment about Femcomps (the tale you make for hipcomix) where would I post it?

Thank you

Hector

I'd suggest you create a new thread in his forum and bring it up to talk about in greater detail. I'm sure he'd love to discuss it, so go right ahead!
Trishbot

Previous

Return to Akonkid