The Artiste Affair

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with Northern Chill!

Re: The Artiste Affair

Postby Hector2 » November 12th, 2012, 12:21 am

Dear Northern Chill and McTek:

The Artiste Affair Chapter 1 had all the action that was missing in the prelude: I mean, to trap an heroine is interesting, but I think this is where the comic really is going to be interesting.

I loved the idea of Hellgate prison (they weren’t so subtle at Rixo in 1880, were they?) I love every piece of worldbuilding. However, how can Prisma, doesn’t matter how naïve she could be, ignore that the guard is not only wearing a sexy uniform, but stands in a perfect erectly position? As someone who has saved a bunch of heroines of a mind control trap, she doesn’t seem very genre savvy.

I loved the banality of Rixo’s city art aficionados, at page 35, and here I am hoping Muffy and Kiki are human beings…

I am anxious to see the relationship between Miss the Artiste (talking about pretentious people), Carlita Anderson (the woman behind the man) and Samantha Nichols, art lover.

Gravity Lord? Toy King? Please tell me that they at least will do some cameos in this storyline!

Wait, Prisma wants to save the experienced heroines… again? Doesn’t she have the Harry Potter Syndrome… you know… a saving everyone thing

The Quick Bunnies is an idea that I am jealous of… why I didn’t think of that? And even when English is not my native language, I think Redback is very Australian in his speech. Oh, and why everyone is so fed up with the Artiste?

Page 44 and 45 are my definitive favorites. I hope this is an homage to the classic Wonder Woman episode, “The fine art of crime”. Those two superheroines controlled to do evil would be awesome!

I loved the detail of pager 47, when Contact says that she checked who the owner was… after all, she had saved the situation once.

The last panel was very intriguing… Prima’s unseen captors refer themselves as “sister”. Could they be the Bunny sisters?

So, this issue had great action, an intriguing storyline, and lot of characters. I am anxious to see the rest.

PD, so, is this an homage to WW’s “Fine art of crime”, like Ghosthand suspects?
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » November 13th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Ghosthand wrote:Love how this story is progressing, kind of how "The Fine Art of Crime" should have gone :) I'm interested to see how much control the Artiste has over the heroines, turned manniquins, turned lackies. I also love how she has so changed their looks, mainly with different hairdos. I would be pretty much impossible for someone to recognise them, unless when they are performing whatever nefarious deeds their new owner has for them they use their super powers.

The artwork is awesome as always :) McTek does such beautiful artwork, and so detailed. It's always a joy to see comix illistrated by him. I hope whatever RL troubles he has clear up for him.

Looking forward to the next issue, I hope this comic will be around a while :)

Thanks Ghosthand..there's a lot going on in this arc and as things unfold, you'll see a lot to like, I hope. MCTek does an awesome job at doing the art for this arc despite the hectic R/l hassles imposing on him...it's great to work with him and all the artists I collab with.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » November 13th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Northern Chill and McTek:

The Artiste Affair Chapter 1 had all the action that was missing in the prelude: I mean, to trap an heroine is interesting, but I think this is where the comic really is going to be interesting.

I loved the idea of Hellgate prison (they weren’t so subtle at Rixo in 1880, were they?) I love every piece of worldbuilding. However, how can Prisma, doesn’t matter how naïve she could be, ignore that the guard is not only wearing a sexy uniform, but stands in a perfect erectly position? As someone who has saved a bunch of heroines of a mind control trap, she doesn’t seem very genre savvy.

I loved the banality of Rixo’s city art aficionados, at page 35, and here I am hoping Muffy and Kiki are human beings…

I am anxious to see the relationship between Miss the Artiste (talking about pretentious people), Carlita Anderson (the woman behind the man) and Samantha Nichols, art lover.

Gravity Lord? Toy King? Please tell me that they at least will do some cameos in this storyline!

Wait, Prisma wants to save the experienced heroines… again? Doesn’t she have the Harry Potter Syndrome… you know… a saving everyone thing

The Quick Bunnies is an idea that I am jealous of… why I didn’t think of that? And even when English is not my native language, I think Redback is very Australian in his speech. Oh, and why everyone is so fed up with the Artiste?

Page 44 and 45 are my definitive favorites. I hope this is an homage to the classic Wonder Woman episode, “The fine art of crime”. Those two superheroines controlled to do evil would be awesome!

I loved the detail of pager 47, when Contact says that she checked who the owner was… after all, she had saved the situation once.

The last panel was very intriguing… Prima’s unseen captors refer themselves as “sister”. Could they be the Bunny sisters?

So, this issue had great action, an intriguing storyline, and lot of characters. I am anxious to see the rest.

PD, so, is this an homage to WW’s “Fine art of crime”, like Ghosthand suspects?

Hi Hector...as you may surmise, Prisma, even after the Nurses saga and getting told war stories by the other New Guard heroines, is naïve and borderline cocky/arrogant. As seen at the end of the chapter, this could be her undoing in more ways than one.

Yep, Redback is Australian hence the lingo...it's important to me that not everyone talks/acts the same for dialogue (does that mean I might trip up on occasion trying to squeeze in slang/lingo?...yep, but I'll keep trying...lol...)

Yes, this arc draws from the WW episode in question though not entirely as you'll see in the parts to come.

Glad you've enjoyed things so far...!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » December 4th, 2012, 9:09 am

Hello everybody...today part 2 of the Artiste Affair debuts here in the member's section at MCComix.

Prisma is new to fighting crime in Rixo City and her bravado has led her to fall into the clutches of a pair of twisted criminals. Can the silver haired beauty use her powers and moxy to fight her way out of the predicament she finds herself in? What does this have to do with the Artiste, who has plans of her own for Rixo City?

Find out in today's update of the Artiste Affair. Members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=62220

Big thanks to MCTek for doing a phenomenal job in the art for this chapter!!!

Enjoy...feedback welcome as always!!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby hopelessbttrying » December 4th, 2012, 11:03 am

Great number 3 was that and then some boy those twins are in for it now as Artiste want's them back
hopelessbttrying

Postby Hector2 » December 12th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Dear NorthernChill and McTek:

The Artiste Affair Chapter 2 was awesome! It has two gorgeous twin villains that manage to thwart the heroine and have her way with her! What more could you ask for?

The artiste “preparing” her exhibit is also great! Those women are actually “posed” to maximum artistic effect! So incredible great! And also the really not so pompous explanation: “I see the hoods as representing the wish to hide identities for the tow as they engage in secret sensuality”. Nothing to say about the artist’s hat.

Page 59, where the statues come back with the loot, is a great improvement for “The fine art of crime” episode: Here we have both statues stolen, so there will be no further suspicion.

Page 62, with our two heroines naked and inside those strange cubes, was my favorite picture. Even more so because the twins were thinking not only how to play with them, but how to dress them. Great!

And for a great final, you offer us the strange relationship between the artist and the twins… what would happen? I will be eager to check next issue to know!

So, why Prisma’s powers didn’t work at page 51?
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » December 15th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear NorthernChill and McTek:

The Artiste Affair Chapter 2 was awesome! It has two gorgeous twin villains that manage to thwart the heroine and have her way with her! What more could you ask for?

The artiste “preparing” her exhibit is also great! Those women are actually “posed” to maximum artistic effect! So incredible great! And also the really not so pompous explanation: “I see the hoods as representing the wish to hide identities for the tow as they engage in secret sensuality”. Nothing to say about the artist’s hat.

Page 59, where the statues come back with the loot, is a great improvement for “The fine art of crime” episode: Here we have both statues stolen, so there will be no further suspicion.

Page 62, with our two heroines naked and inside those strange cubes, was my favorite picture. Even more so because the twins were thinking not only how to play with them, but how to dress them. Great!

And for a great final, you offer us the strange relationship between the artist and the twins… what would happen? I will be eager to check next issue to know!

So, why Prisma’s powers didn’t work at page 51?

Hi Hector, glad you liked the update!!

The relationship between the twins and the Artiste will be explored in this arc...suffice to say, they share a past history though details of it remain to be seen and heard.

Look for the next update very soon!!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Ghosthand » December 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm

I am in love with this series! The Artiste is such a awesome villianess. She, and it looks like the twins too, are the type of evildoers you want to see in this type of story. She has captured the heroines and plays with them like they are noting but tools at her disposal, changing their looks to her disires. She doesn't treat them like the heroines they are but just common window dressing. How utterly humiliating for the heroines, reduced to toys or at the best tools in her evil schemes! I can't wait to see what the twins have in store for Redback and Prism! Perhaps we'll get to see a battle of the dolls :) Awesome story and of course the artwork is fantastic! I hope this is a long and drawn out story with plenty of other captured heroines for the badguys to play with!
Ghosthand

Postby Northern Chill » December 18th, 2012, 9:38 am

Greetings part 3 of The Artiste Affair debuts here in the member's section at MCComix....

Samantha Nicholson is one of Rio City's most powerful and influential business women and the recent discovery that one of her stylish boutiques was cleaned out by thieves has left her vexed and more. Will she leave the recovery of her goods to the police...or investigate on her own no matter what the perils? Elsewhere, the Gleaner Gals have two new "keepsakes" and their plans for them are moving forward in a style befitting their offkilter view of the world. Find out the details in this update....!!

Members can find this update in the member's section at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=64959

Kudos to MCTek for great art as always.

Happy holidays to all our loyal members and here's hoping 2013 is even better for reading the best mind control stories found on any site!!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » December 18th, 2012, 10:05 am

Very nice! I love the twins and their scheming. Keep up the good work. I'm excited for the next chapter! :)
Champ

Postby Northern Chill » December 23rd, 2012, 11:44 am

Thanks for the feedback, Champ!!....the twins are a pair that are quite memorable in more than one way and their actions will cause more than a bit of upheaval as the arc unfolds. Hope you enjoy what is to come!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » December 25th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Oh I enjoy this series. This and Night Moves are becoming big favorites. :)
Champ

Postby NemoVoid » December 30th, 2012, 8:16 am

Two heroines reduced to obedient minions/mannequins? Two MORE heroines reduced to the status of wind-up dolls?

I'm loving this so far! I especially want to see more of what the twins are doing with Redback and Prisma.

Also, did you drop hints about the Artiste's former relationship to the twins... and further plans pertaining to them? Should be interesting.

Keep up the good work!
NemoVoid

Postby Sumatra » January 2nd, 2013, 1:06 pm

Hot read Northern. Loving the Artiste's gallery so far. The twins are interesting, guessing Artiste created them, maybe her first creations.

Prisma needs an 'enhancement' if she's going to be put on display ;) . Aspect of this I'm liking is if the heroines are all out of action, I see an amazing Artiste versus twins showdown.

One crit. Artiste's mannequin formula, procedure could be explained. She like Ring Mistress with nanotech or is this something else?

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Hector2 » January 5th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Dear NorthernChill:

The Artiste Affair # 3 was awesome! I loved Samantha Nicholson character. She seems very attractive in that outfit! I also loved her expression when the police used this chance to let her talking to herself… brrr…

The twins are living my dream! Well, I wouldn’t have think about a wind up key to control their motor functions, but they seem awesome! Manipulating their clothes, their make up, even their hair colors? Great! I only hope they could manage to get more control over them, maybe letting they talk?

For example, the Artiste has more control with her creations, they obey her, not only mechanically, but as if they had will… The artiste’s will… My only complaint? She cut her beautiful hair out.

The ending was also very interesting! I really hope to see Samantha Nicholson being captured and “processed” as another of the Artiste’s works at issue #4.
Hector2

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Chill