The Artiste Affair

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with Northern Chill!

Re: The Artiste Affair

Postby Sumatra » October 9th, 2012, 8:25 am

Really hot story. Loving the Artiste, she's just racking up a hero count it seems. Don't think Prisma's going to repeat her rescue feat again.

The mannequin's looks inspired by some of your other writing ;) ? Poses were fantastic, loved the Artiste's monologues.

Can't wait for the next issue.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Ghosthand » October 9th, 2012, 10:33 am

Loved this issue! I have always enjoyed manniquin and love doll transfromations and seeing them mounted on stands really adds to the picture :) If they are removed from the stand without a wig on does that level them bald when they turn back to flesh? Or if a different wig is put on them will that permanently change their hair? I am a bit at a loss as to why the Artiste changed Battle Maiden again. She seemed to make a beautiful statue how she was, unless the stand has a different property she desires, a mind altering effect or perhaps a more permanent transformation.

This story is getting good, can't wait to see future issues :)
Ghosthand

Postby Northern Chill » October 9th, 2012, 4:37 pm

@Champ - What does it take?...let's just say a lot of imagination and a few years to hone my writing craft. Even so, I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

@Sumatra - This chapter might have been influenced a little by my collab work with Uzobono though this particular stuff is details I can get into depth if needed.

@Ghosthand - I thought BM's shift in posing/look might be a puzzling thing for readers. All I'll say is the Artiste planned things this way even as she goes to open things up for the viewing public.

Thanks for the support, everyone!...glad you've enjoyed the story to date.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » October 11th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Dear NorthernChill and McTek:

The Artiste Affair: Prelude 2 left me with confusing feelings: the artwork is great as ever, but there are some things that I didn’t take very well, but this is not your fault, but my personal tastes in ASFR.

First, if that is the best joke Reginald can make about the artiste, man, the artiste will have heavy competition about “pretendind” artists at Roxio City… but I liked the “Delightful Displays” detail in the signal.

Lexa is one of my favorite characters of the New Guard, and here we have her at contact, and in some incredible training clothes! Great!

It’s so endearing to see Contact get his wish… she wanted someone to teach her how to be a better heroine, not only to tell her some old stories… she must feel great right now…

Bwa ha ha ha! Teaching the public to be safe… seriously? something tells me that the Artiste is not the most popular with her models… what would be next, a “drink milk” campaign?

My favorite page is # 26, however, the artiste is right: someone will recognize them, and this is where I felt there is something wrong: why to change the lovely bodies of those victims into some generic sex dolls? Why not chose some girls that nobody knows… or make the exhibit in another place that is not Roxio City? I know that there is a good reason for this, but I am disappointed Lexa is not trapped in her original, beautiful body (and without her beautiful hair).

However, not everything is lost: The way to make the transformation sure is interesting, (I wonder if the public in the exhibit will hear the soft noise and suspect something), and you showed us that the artiste can control her exhibits to do her bidding, so I only need to see what is the “interesting” part when the exhibit closes… I love surprises!

Is not Prisma really suspicious by some little details? However, that’s how she saved the day in the last story, and I have learned to never discuss with a winner!

Great story!
Hector2

Postby Magnus » October 21st, 2012, 11:12 am

It's always nice to see Mannequins. However, do they have to bald and have white eyes? I remember the mannequins made in Bedazzled had their eye's and no areolas. I don't see them being recognized being a problem. The people would have prove that they are who they are which could and has in other stories added to the victim pile.
The stands are kinda old tech. The items they wear could be the catalyst, or use my favorite classic, just stuff a dildo in them, remove it when you need to. Most real mannequins as you know don't have stands anymore. they are just affix to their bases.

I liked the story and it's one of my favorite concepts. I've read the others from the series you had over at LTBSA and have always been a fan of Henry Roberts.

I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Would be nice to see more Asfr plots used over here.

Cheers

Magnus
Magnus

Postby Northern Chill » October 21st, 2012, 11:55 am

Thanks for the feedback, Hector. As I've mentioned elsewhere, Prisma does play a role in this arc though what that is remains to be seen (youthful enthusiasm on her part can be a good and bad thing).

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » October 22nd, 2012, 9:39 am

When should we expect our next update? :) So exciting!
Champ

Postby Northern Chill » October 22nd, 2012, 10:14 am

Champ wrote:When should we expect our next update? :) So exciting!

The next installment in Artiste debuts November 6...cover for it should be up between then and now as the story deepens...:)

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » October 22nd, 2012, 10:17 am

Woo-Hoo! I'm pumped! :)
Champ

Postby Northern Chill » November 5th, 2012, 10:12 am

Hi everybody...the bearer of bad news here. The update planned for tomorrow is on hold until r/l allows MCTek time to finish up the art and such. I know you're disappointed and believe me I hate delaying any update whatsoever but this is something that can't be changed.

When I get a date, I'll update here and post the cover at the same time.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » November 5th, 2012, 9:59 pm

Ok...if everything goes to plan, the next update for this story should be posted Thursday November 8. Big kudos to MCTek for scrambling to get the update done even as r/l wreaks havoc with him.

Again, sorry for the delay guys...its been a time of turmoil and hopefully things settle down for everyone soon.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » November 7th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Hi everybody..today/tonight, the next chapter of the Artiste Affair debuts here in the member's section.

In her search for answers, Prisma journeys to one of the most infamous buildings in Rixo City and a person residing there she knows all too well. Meanwhile, a team mate is out fighting crime in the streets of the city but will this come to an abrupt end? Will Prisma's investigation bear fruit..? Find out in this chapter as the story develops...

Members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=58331

Big kudos to MCTek for managing to do this update under a lot of r/l turmoil...great work by him.

Enjoy!..feedback welcome as always!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » November 8th, 2012, 9:38 am

Now this is getting really juicy. Bring on the next chapter. :)
Champ

Postby Sumatra » November 9th, 2012, 5:55 am

Agreed. Building up to something big looks like. Waiting to see who Prisma's attackers were, she got out of the last story without trouble.

Mindchanger in prison similar to Belinda, slowly turning the guards to slaves. Awesome, hope he plays a big part in this.

Redback looks smoking.

Mannequin exhibit was hot. Confused by the mind control though, they turned into robots or slaves or dolls like in Night Moves? Overall great plot, buildup, can't wait for more.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Ghosthand » November 10th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Love how this story is progressing, kind of how "The Fine Art of Crime" should have gone :) I'm interested to see how much control the Artiste has over the heroines, turned manniquins, turned lackies. I also love how she has so changed their looks, mainly with different hairdos. I would be pretty much impossible for someone to recognise them, unless when they are performing whatever nefarious deeds their new owner has for them they use their super powers.

The artwork is awesome as always :) McTek does such beautiful artwork, and so detailed. It's always a joy to see comix illistrated by him. I hope whatever RL troubles he has clear up for him.

Looking forward to the next issue, I hope this comic will be around a while :)
Ghosthand

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Chill