The Artiste Affair

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with Northern Chill!

The Artiste Affair

Postby Northern Chill » September 24th, 2012, 9:34 pm

The first update in this arc should be up and posted early Tuesday afternoon...should be a good intro for this story...

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Re: The Artiste Affair

Postby Northern Chill » September 25th, 2012, 8:01 am

Hello everyone...today, the prelude to The Artiste Affair debuts here in the member's section at MCComix.

First off, a note: page 14 has an unexpected problem with it and will be added later today. My apologies on this...I would have held off posting till all was ready but only noticed when I was halfway thru uploading. My bad...I'll post here when the page is added.

In this update, the focus is on Battle Maiden, an immortal heroine and one of the leaders of Rixo City's New Guard. Asked by one of the younger members about her past, Battle Maiden details some of the events of her early days..before heading off to an important meeting that may change her future permanently.

Members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=45067

Big kudos to MCTek for the art in this update despite his poor health at present...he pulled it off and then some.

Enjoy...feedback welcome as always!!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » September 25th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Ok...missing page has now been added to the story update...sorry bout that everybody..:)

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby fools_page » September 25th, 2012, 3:29 pm

A very nice start, with great ASFR-statue-lovers potential brewing. Very reminiscent of the Wonder Woman episode from the '70s (which is a good thing).

Interesting characters. Great art. I'm looking forward to more.

fools_page
fools_page

Postby msgrey » September 27th, 2012, 12:27 pm

this was a very good beginning Northerchill! we see how battlemaiden came to Rixo City and it works very well, she is a direct reference to Thor now no ;) ?

The magical beings? this seemed very interesting, Battlemaiden was controlled by them? Prisma is wonderful, she is a great addition toknow each of the squad.

and our mystery villain appears, turning women into living statues, very erotic :D , I cannot wait for the next issue!
msgrey

Postby Ghosthand » September 28th, 2012, 3:36 pm

I absolutely love this type of story! Beautiful women getting turned into life like statues, doesn't get any better than that :) I do have to wonder why the villians don't ever think ahead though. The shiny bracelets are just fine for capturing their prey but why not, once they have been frozen, use something a little less noticeable to keep them frozen? Eventually someone is going to notice that all their 'statues' have the same shiny bracelet and in a city where things like this are commonplace someone is going to start wondering.

Putting myself in the villan's shoes I would place and stronger, more long term, device well hidden in the new statue. Maybe a dildo or butt plug with a stroger effect once they have been posed makeing their skin harden so even going up and tapping on them would show that they were nothing but a solid statue.
Ghosthand

Postby Northern Chill » September 29th, 2012, 9:18 pm

Ghosthand wrote:I absolutely love this type of story! Beautiful women getting turned into life like statues, doesn't get any better than that :) I do have to wonder why the villians don't ever think ahead though. The shiny bracelets are just fine for capturing their prey but why not, once they have been frozen, use something a little less noticeable to keep them frozen? Eventually someone is going to notice that all their 'statues' have the same shiny bracelet and in a city where things like this are commonplace someone is going to start wondering.

Putting myself in the villan's shoes I would place and stronger, more long term, device well hidden in the new statue. Maybe a dildo or butt plug with a stroger effect once they have been posed makeing their skin harden so even going up and tapping on them would show that they were nothing but a solid statue.

Oh, I think you can be well assured, Ghosthand, that the lovely ladies, when captured, won't be obvious to the public come the appro time....well, mostly, that is...:D

Northern Chill

Postby Ghosthand » October 1st, 2012, 10:10 pm

By the way, I wanted to add that I love the pose the Artiste put Battle Maiden in. It has a very nice 1950s pin-up girl look to it, especially with the brunette wig (I'm assuming it's a wig). When can we hope to see issue 2?
Ghosthand

Postby Northern Chill » October 2nd, 2012, 9:56 am

Ghosthand wrote:By the way, I wanted to add that I love the pose the Artiste put Battle Maiden in. It has a very nice 1950s pin-up girl look to it, especially with the brunette wig (I'm assuming it's a wig). When can we hope to see issue 2?

Tek came up with the poses for that scene and I agree, they look great!!

Next update should be October 9...look for a cover for it soon...:)

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » October 5th, 2012, 11:24 pm

Dear Northern Chill and McTek:

I just love your work, as writers and artists! But I think the cover of The Artiste Affair: prelude was a little misgiving, because that elf takes not really great part in the storyline… or will she in the future?

Well, the first change I notice is that Battle Maiden has a new uniform… I really prefer the old one, but an ex goddess has to change, hasn’t she?

I loved your depiction of Asgard, and how Battle Maiden combines the origin from Thor and Wonder Woman, (I also liked the “birth cristal”, great ASRF work!)

The Gringor Elves were something like an anecdote, but Lithernius seems like someone who will have a hand in the future plot… I just think that awakening in a mountain nude and without memories would be very inconvenient!

The last part with Prisma was priceless… everyone there will brag about adventures but will not give her any training ;)

I loved how the artiste managed to trap Battle Maiden, and changing her hair color seems almost banal, because why make an exposition when everyone could see her and rescue her? Unless, of course, that is the plan!

I also am attracted by the idea of being capable of posing them without seeming so “manniqueized”, like Omega Woman from “Island of Zombots”, I’m sure this will be
another one of my favorites!

I just have those questions:

So, what is the job Battle Maiden has?
    Why the artiste is referred to a jester? Is he a man or a woman?
    Is he the guy Carlita Anderson is sponsoring?
    Are those the gals Carlita trapped at “Changing of the guard”?
    And the last, but more near to my heart, are those silver devices an homage to Wonder Woman TV series "The fine art of crime"?

Great work!
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » October 6th, 2012, 9:23 am

Hector2 wrote:Dear Northern Chill and McTek:

I just love your work, as writers and artists! But I think the cover of The Artiste Affair: prelude was a little misgiving, because that elf takes not really great part in the storyline… or will she in the future?

Well, the first change I notice is that Battle Maiden has a new uniform… I really prefer the old one, but an ex goddess has to change, hasn’t she?

I loved your depiction of Asgard, and how Battle Maiden combines the origin from Thor and Wonder Woman, (I also liked the “birth cristal”, great ASRF work!)

The Gringor Elves were something like an anecdote, but Lithernius seems like someone who will have a hand in the future plot… I just think that awakening in a mountain nude and without memories would be very inconvenient!

The last part with Prisma was priceless… everyone there will brag about adventures but will not give her any training ;)

I loved how the artiste managed to trap Battle Maiden, and changing her hair color seems almost banal, because why make an exposition when everyone could see her and rescue her? Unless, of course, that is the plan!

I also am attracted by the idea of being capable of posing them without seeming so “manniqueized”, like Omega Woman from “Island of Zombots”, I’m sure this will be
another one of my favorites!

I just have those questions:

Why the artiste is referred to a jester? Is he a man or a woman?
    And the last, but more near to my heart, are those silver devices an homage to Wonder Woman TV series "The fine art of crime"?

Great work!

Thanks for the feedback, Hector!!

Although not specified, Battle Maiden works a regular job like most in Rixo City...would that cause a problem given her "other" employment? Probably, but most people wouldn't believe they're toiling next to an immortal goddess.

Ariste definitely has backers going forward in the gallery...though what Artiste's plans may differ from individuals like Carlita.

Indeed they are...and though their role is in the background early on, what they do will firm up in the chapters to come.

Oh yes, they are a tip of the hat to that episode...though I think Tek's poses of the trio are more sexier than what was shown for the heroine in that ep.

Other stuff you brought up:

- Lithernius does indeed play a role in events after BM left her home for the mortal realm...and perhaps already has... :twisted:

- Prisma is one of the more interesting characters for me as she came in and helped save the day in her first major heroine role. Could she be one of the leaders of New Guard or would that lead to cockiness that trips her up at a very inopportune time? Only time will tell...

- As you'll see in the coming chapters, Artiste has a number of ways to show displays in the gallery...and methods to deal with potential flies in the ointment as well...:)

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » October 7th, 2012, 11:18 am

Dear Northern Chill!

Thanks for your soon answer!

I hope there is a plan behind the Artiste obsession, because the episode "Fine art of crime", was based into that the statues really were thiefs that could stole anything they wanted without any suspicion, but here, the artiste not only is kidnapping and freezing, but exposing, his captures.... ;)
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » October 8th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Northern Chill!

Thanks for your soon answer!

I hope there is a plan behind the Artiste obsession, because the episode "Fine art of crime", was based into that the statues really were thiefs that could stole anything they wanted without any suspicion, but here, the artiste not only is kidnapping and freezing, but exposing, his captures.... ;)

Oh, there's a plan indeed...you don't set out to take down a legend like Battle Maiden without a vision of some sort. What the Artiste plans and other items will play out as the story unfolds...

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » October 8th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Hello everybody...today the second prelude for The Artiste Affair debuts here in the member's section here at MCComix.

Lexa's role at New Guard is as one of the best at hand to hand combat and tacticians in the group of heroines. She has trained many of her fellow Guard members and takes it upon herself to instruct Prisma, the newest member...lumps and all. However, business takes priority over long training and for Lexa, this is one appointment she'll remember for some time...or maybe not at all...

See what lies in store for Lexa and potentially all of New Guard in this update...members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=46197

Big thanks to MCTek for the great art in this update...he really makes the scenes look great for all readers!!

Enjoy and thanks for supporting MCComix...feedback welcome as always.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » October 9th, 2012, 8:03 am

Hot damn...I loved this chapter twice as much as the first one. What does it take to come up with this stuff? A dream, a book, or a barbie doll? XD. Bravo on it and I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :)
Champ

Next

Return to Northern Chill