Day In The Life - Valient Grrl

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with Northern Chill!

Day In The Life - Valient Grrl

Postby Northern Chill » July 30th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Hello everybody...today in the member's section here at MCComix, the first part of Day In The Life - Valient Grrl debuts.

Vivacious..beautiful...wearing a costume that hides little of her phenomenal physique...Valient Grrl has created quite a stir with the denizens of Metrobay. However, the brunette bombshell recently transferred her civilian job to working as a guard at the Funhouse, a prison designed to hold the most nefarious of Metrobay's criminals. Even so, she plans to stay in touch with her Squad friends via an electronic diary. What are the entries in a typical day and do they match up with what really is happening in VG's new work place. Find out in part 1 of this special mini arc.

Members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=42963

Big thanks to MCTek for great art as always!!

Enjoy...feedback welcome as always!!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Re: Day In The Life - Valient Grrl

Postby msgrey » August 1st, 2012, 8:13 am

Northernchill! This is a great comic, what we read is not what is! This is a diary for her friends and lover? What will happen if discovered? will brainwashed Valient Grrl explain herself?

i hope this will lead to a unite between valient grrl and squad! it is overdue!!
msgrey

Postby dumbtime » August 1st, 2012, 4:40 pm

Nicely done. I have been really curious about how she related back to the Squad members and how she would be handled as VG. I think those 2 areas would have definitely created a ton of curiosity in those snoopy superheroines if not handled properly. Cudos for Belinda thinking ahead.
dumbtime

Postby Northern Chill » August 2nd, 2012, 9:06 pm

dumbtime wrote:Nicely done. I have been really curious about how she related back to the Squad members and how she would be handled as VG. I think those 2 areas would have definitely created a ton of curiosity in those snoopy superheroines if not handled properly. Cudos for Belinda thinking ahead.

Thanks Dumbtime...this is a little arc I've been musing over for some time and I think helps not only reinforce why VG and Crissy "working" at the Funhouse has gone relatively quietly but other items as well shall be addressed.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » August 2nd, 2012, 9:09 pm

msgrey wrote:Northernchill! This is a great comic, what we read is not what is! This is a diary for her friends and lover? What will happen if discovered? will brainwashed Valient Grrl explain herself?

i hope this will lead to a unite between valient grrl and squad! it is overdue!!

Belinda is certainly smart enough to know VG abruptly transferring to the Funhouse with Crissy might raise suspicions eventually (AW alone would be lonely at night) and a cover story would be needed. How long it lasts, well, that depends...;)

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » August 25th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Dear NorthernChill:

I am not a fan of Belinda: Sure, she is a great supervillain, but her character is so cold and ruthless is very hard to relate to her. It’s a shame those very qualities make her one of the best supervillains in Metrobay. So, when I saw another “Day in the life”, I resigned myself to see Belinda abusing superheroines again… but when I saw the actual story, I really enjoyed it, it has a lot of continuity clues ;)

Pages 1 to 4: I love to see the reality and the letter compared and contrasted. He he he!

Page 5: Fingers and Dipstick, stealing an European Art Collection? What??? Isn’t that a little Out of Characters for them? Also, I love the “mommy” reference for Honey Doll (ha ha) ! This is a great thing for continuity!

Page 6 to 8: It’s good to see that there is a lot to be controlled to an operation like this in a prison. I wonder why the heroines haven’t noticed yet. I think some other third parties have already realized something is strange in the Funhouse.

Page 9 to 11: So, the prisoners can go out when they want to? Just like that? Without an order from a judge or something? Ha ha ha just joking, this is a comic book after all!

Page 12 to 13: Hey, there is a lot of room here for psychological torture for Belinda and she pass? Well, after all, the charade must be maintained!

I love when an author shows that there is a plot, and when a villain’s plan is working. Great work!
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » August 28th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Just to let everyone know....the finale for this arc is running a bit behind schedule (r/l and comic related probs) and I hope to have it uploaded later tonight/tomorrow at latest. If it goes any later than that, I'll post here again in this location.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby sohta123 » August 28th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Thanks for the update.
Looking forward to this one.
sohta123

Postby Northern Chill » August 28th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Hello everybody..today, part 2 of the mini-arc A Day in the Life - Valient Grrl debuts here in the member's section at MCComix.

Before I give you an overview, I want to give you inside info on one aspect of this particular update. During the scripting and rendering process that went into this chapter, I had envisioned a certain character making a cameo appearance in it. However, just after MCTek had finished rendering said scenes, I realized the character in question couldn't be there for continuity purposes. Rerendering was done at last minute to change the character but I'm happy to say it looks great in the end.

Now in this chapter...Valient Grrl is out on patrol in one of the roughest parts of Metrobay looking for crime to stop as always.....but her thinking about that might have been changed by the request of a certain criminal mastermind. As for Belinda Giollla, she has her sight on her next "staff addition"...just how far have her plans gone? Find out in the finale of A Day in the Life - Valient Grrl.

Members can find this update at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=43882

Many, many thanks to MCTek for the great art and graciously reworking the scenes mentioned above.

Enjoy!!...feedback welcome as always!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » August 28th, 2012, 10:31 pm

From a plot standpoint, Belinda's orders don't make much sense. Even criminal masterminds don't want crooks running wild because they might steal their stuff. I can see her giving orders to avoid certain areas where ROPE activities are happening, but there's no particular reason why VG should be overlooking petty crime. If nothing else, busting up some crooks would reinforce the fiction that she hasn't changed.
Tecknophyle

Postby MacroLass » August 29th, 2012, 1:33 am

Belinda's become an imbecile who's drunk on power. I mean, she's even fantasizing about brainwashing the leader of the Squad!

Now admittedly, she did capture Ms. Metrobay over a decade ago and kept her for years without anyone being the wiser. But there are REASONS that particular con worked...excuses that just wouldn't fly these days.

I've got my theories on just how her downfall should come about...but I'm sure it will come.
MacroLass

Postby pelusa1ca » August 29th, 2012, 8:32 am

I love the 'routine'f the slaves daily activities and seemingly 'normal' life.

Keep up the great stories and artwork.

Cheers,

P
Supporter of MCComix and HIPcomix
pelusa1ca

Postby msgrey » August 31st, 2012, 9:46 pm

Northernchill! this was a great issue! To see a such a heroine reduced to puppet like Valient Grrl is a feat!

This hologram! will Valiant lure her lover to become a Belinda guard? What does she plan? I will review full when more time allows!
msgrey

Postby sohta123 » September 1st, 2012, 11:12 am

I am soooo wanting to see Tina start working at the prison for awhile. She seems so stuck up at times I like to see her made to lower herself below others she seems to look down on. Plus she looks a bit like charlize theron and who wouldn't want to see her enthralled? :twisted:

I also love that this life has become the norm for VG. And I must wonder when something like this is done to a person over and over for an extended period of time if the synapses in the brain don't adjust on a more permanent basis and even if they are set free that they might have become 'addicted' to the behavior they were made to enjoy.

What I think would be really cool is if the ones that Belinda has enslaved are the only ones not caught up in the Drone Agenda and Belinda has to make a choice to use them in the effort to stop whoever is behind the droning of Metrobay.
Then she could be released from prison on the auspices of 'good behavior' and maybe even made one of the city's 'heros' for awhile. Imagine then if she had free reign in HQ. But I digress.
sohta123

Postby Northern Chill » September 1st, 2012, 11:17 am

Tecknophyle wrote:From a plot standpoint, Belinda's orders don't make much sense. Even criminal masterminds don't want crooks running wild because they might steal their stuff. I can see her giving orders to avoid certain areas where ROPE activities are happening, but there's no particular reason why VG should be overlooking petty crime. If nothing else, busting up some crooks would reinforce the fiction that she hasn't changed.

This was something I debated a lot...from my pov, if VG was shown doing the exact same thing during patrol, it'd mean nothing has changed at all and Belinda might start to self doubt herself. This way, "avoid petty crimes if your presence is unknown to the criminal" is a nice test for Belinda. The Solstice/MissQuito encounter, otoh, is something VG has to intervene cause her ignoring it would raise red flags everywhere.

From Belinda's pov, a little extra crime in Metrobay isn't a bad thing...it might keep the Squad members from poking around her domain too much.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Next

Return to Northern Chill