Night Moves

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with Northern Chill!

Re: Night Moves

Postby Sumatra » September 24th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Think if the disk with her memories, personality, survived it would be a punishment to exist like that. Seems like Cora wanted doll mindlessness than anything else.

Think the finale was good, but left loose ends. Miss Tricks coming back was a given, if a sequel is planned, suspect she'll get Suzanna right quick. Agree on Justine's fate. Seemed like it was a perfect
opportunity to doll herself, that guilt eating away at her.

Spot on with Suzanna's attitude to her. If you were looking up to this woman and she disappeared with your friend, gets bimbofied, dolled, a robot takes her place, then you fix the whole fucked up sitation. Got enslaved by Tricks along the way? Surprised Suzanna let her go, to be honest. Seeing her snap was good.

Great fucking finish. Any idea if a sequel or follow up is planned?

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Northern Chill » October 5th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Sumatra wrote:Think if the disk with her memories, personality, survived it would be a punishment to exist like that. Seems like Cora wanted doll mindlessness than anything else.

Think the finale was good, but left loose ends. Miss Tricks coming back was a given, if a sequel is planned, suspect she'll get Suzanna right quick. Agree on Justine's fate. Seemed like it was a perfect
opportunity to doll herself, that guilt eating away at her.

Spot on with Suzanna's attitude to her. If you were looking up to this woman and she disappeared with your friend, gets bimbofied, dolled, a robot takes her place, then you fix the whole fucked up sitation. Got enslaved by Tricks along the way? Surprised Suzanna let her go, to be honest. Seeing her snap was good.

Great fucking finish. Any idea if a sequel or follow up is planned?

-Sumatra

I leave loose ends like Tricks and elsewhere on purpose...to me, any story which answers every single question raised during the telling is not for my liking. I want readers to question what lies in store down the road after the curtain falls, so to speak.

With the above in mind, there are elements planted for a possible sequel, which has been discussed since the early stages here. If and when things firm up there, I'll update in this forum.

Glad everybody enjoyed this story...good to know for both myself and Uzobono.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby xarielx » October 19th, 2014, 4:53 pm

A review of "THE DIVISION: NIGHT MOVES, THE FINALE". I hope this isn't seen as overly criticial to the creators.

Misplaced expectations can make or break my enjoyment of a story before ever opening a page.Thinking of Night Moves as a whole, then, was my misstep, because while it's certainly awash
in sexual imagery, mind control, and pushes the right buttons, it places far more emphasis on pushing plot, where I think it could be far better served to have gone in another direction, an either permanent mind control scenario or none, now that all is said and done.

The plot is so relevant in this case I think, as Justice Woman meanders from having returned from dolldom, a fate that I believe she should have been stuck to, to play her previous lithe role, and she fundamentally can't. This was my main issue with the finale, the character development, the artwork, the callbacks to previous issues were top notch as always.

Having Justice Woman almost play the lead heroine after essentially being AWOL after issue #2, as we've learned, and perform that role to bring back a Gallant Girl/Cora that had been her doppelganger rang a touch unbelievable. All signs, after Cora's reconversion, pointed to an enraged Plastique dolling Justice Woman, thus sealing this ill-fated tale. Ultimately I felt this finale did not resolve the underlying issue of this trio of do-gooders in a city that tends to corrupt even the most stalwart heroes. Referencing Haven from "A Seductive Path", SHAN from "Synthetic", although the "CORE" heroines remain to be seen, 2 of them in Uzo's previous issueswere no doubt corrupted or controlled fully.

In closing, I believe I wasn't let down, more my expectations were higher than they should have been. The story is strong, but to drive the plot in the way it played out, I felt certain character developments were lost. Plastique had no reason whatsoever to let Justice Woman go, and despite Justice Woman's nonchalant behavior to the BDSM version of her friend, she seemed prettywell broken and ready for anything. With the re-emergence of Miss Tricks, a real highlight in the finale, a lone Plastique surrounded by the mindless sex dolls that used to be her life would have been a poignant end to an epic series.
xarielx

Postby Northern Chill » October 19th, 2014, 9:04 pm

xarielx wrote:A review of "THE DIVISION: NIGHT MOVES, THE FINALE". I hope this isn't seen as overly criticial to the creators.

Misplaced expectations can make or break my enjoyment of a story before ever opening a page.Thinking of Night Moves as a whole, then, was my misstep, because while it's certainly awash
in sexual imagery, mind control, and pushes the right buttons, it places far more emphasis on pushing plot, where I think it could be far better served to have gone in another direction, an either permanent mind control scenario or none, now that all is said and done.

The plot is so relevant in this case I think, as Justice Woman meanders from having returned from dolldom, a fate that I believe she should have been stuck to, to play her previous lithe role, and she fundamentally can't. This was my main issue with the finale, the character development, the artwork, the callbacks to previous issues were top notch as always.

Having Justice Woman almost play the lead heroine after essentially being AWOL after issue #2, as we've learned, and perform that role to bring back a Gallant Girl/Cora that had been her doppelganger rang a touch unbelievable. All signs, after Cora's reconversion, pointed to an enraged Plastique dolling Justice Woman, thus sealing this ill-fated tale. Ultimately I felt this finale did not resolve the underlying issue of this trio of do-gooders in a city that tends to corrupt even the most stalwart heroes. Referencing Haven from "A Seductive Path", SHAN from "Synthetic", although the "CORE" heroines remain to be seen, 2 of them in Uzo's previous issueswere no doubt corrupted or controlled fully.

In closing, I believe I wasn't let down, more my expectations were higher than they should have been. The story is strong, but to drive the plot in the way it played out, I felt certain character developments were lost. Plastique had no reason whatsoever to let Justice Woman go, and despite Justice Woman's nonchalant behavior to the BDSM version of her friend, she seemed prettywell broken and ready for anything. With the re-emergence of Miss Tricks, a real highlight in the finale, a lone Plastique surrounded by the mindless sex dolls that used to be her life would have been a poignant end to an epic series.

This is something I struggled with on several levels, Xarielx, and did more than a little debating personally. The way I viewed, Plastique could have condemned JW to dolldom just like GG and ended the story like that but a key thing occurred to me....in doing so, she'd be just like JW, not to mention the person orig responsible for what happened to her friends. I would think Plastique would be a bit more full thinking on this and arrive on her decision as she did. She couldn't undo what JW did but wasn't going to give her an easy way out by dolling or bimbo maiding. Plastique's "punishment" was for JW to live with what she did without a shoulder to cry on and no safety net to fall back on.

I wanted to give characters in this story other than Plastique/Miss Tricks more paths to possible choose going forward. Does this mean JW will avoid being dollified in the future? Hard to say...only those future stories will make that call. In the end, though, I think the story ends like it should.

Sorry I disappointed ya, Xarielx. Endings are always something I wrestle with at times..:(
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby bluemax2 » April 29th, 2015, 9:10 am

Northern:
Will you and Uzo consider doing a sequel to Night Moves? The ending left us hanging,a bit.
What about another series?
Your collaboration was fantastic and I'm sure your fans would greatly appreciate seeing another great series.

Thank you both.

Regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Northern Chill » May 5th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Hi, Bluemax...a sequel has been mapped out involving the main characters of Night. However, Uzobono has been very busy recently and has had serious health problems over the last few months. I remain hopeful, though, that some day we can return to pick up on the threads let dangling by Night as they are spun into a new story to entertain the loyal members here.

Thank you for you kind words...glad you enjoyed the story.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Previous

Return to Northern Chill