A Day in the Life - APEX

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with Northern Chill!

Re: A Day in the Life - APEX

Postby Northern Chill » June 14th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Ghosthand wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:
Cassiebot...? Not yet....she's already ahead of Tien in supervisor longevity...hehe

Northern Chill

I know! What's up with that?? J.T. and Mickey are certainly slacking off on the job! Max should reprimand them severly. :twisted:

I think J.T. and Mikey, dumb as they might be, could be taking a different pov with Cassie. Given the history of supervisors before her, they might let things run their course and see what happens..and for them, its running pretty good as is...;)
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » June 14th, 2012, 12:41 pm

sohta123 wrote:I have to say that Danibot is my favorite. She's just smokin' hot whether she's a bot or a person (hope not).
Wouldn't mind her developing a nasty personality later once the Convert Another story gets full blown.
Also hope that a lot of these gals remain bots after the story is over too.

I'm not sure when the Drone Agenda arc is going to end but as you've seen here and elsewhere, things are getting more complex with every related plot point.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » June 14th, 2012, 12:44 pm

fools_page wrote:Nice bit of continuity with the mention of Elaina Goose, former head chef, now nanodoll.

I hope we see the nanodolls again sometime.

fools_page

Thanks!! The nanodoll thing was a last minute thing I talked with MCTek about and I think it worked out quite well. As to future nanodoll themed arcs, hard to say...remember, their creator is kinda unavailable at the moment but once the tech is out there, well, someone is bound to look it over again... :twisted:

Northern Chill

Postby JohnXIII » June 17th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Takes up the chant..... Cassiebot, Cassiebot, Cassiebot!

Great stuff so far Chill :mrgreen:
JohnXIII

Postby Northern Chill » June 17th, 2012, 8:24 pm

JohnXIII wrote:Takes up the chant..... Cassiebot, Cassiebot, Cassiebot!

Great stuff so far Chill :mrgreen:

Thanks, John XIII....I've had this idea kicking around since the Day in the Life - Belinda Giolla arc was done...a mini arc that gives depth to existing characters and adds stuff to make readers think...

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby msgrey » June 22nd, 2012, 3:40 pm

Hello Northenchill, so much detail in this issue! I LOVE how the bots are working together under the nose of the company that made them! The dollbot servicing Mynx! Will we see more of the dolls anytime soon?

i hope you continue this series, it really juices up the background of the day to day comings-and-goings of these stories!
msgrey

Postby Northern Chill » June 25th, 2012, 8:45 am

msgrey wrote:Hello Northenchill, so much detail in this issue! I LOVE how the bots are working together under the nose of the company that made them! The dollbot servicing Mynx! Will we see more of the dolls anytime soon?

i hope you continue this series, it really juices up the background of the day to day comings-and-goings of these stories!

Hi Msgrey...this story has been ended but there are other arcs in the works that include elements from this arc. Thanks for the feedback!!

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » June 29th, 2012, 5:48 pm

Hi NorthernChill

This is a review for issue # 1

This comic is great! I think the real motive to show the colorful personalities that clashes in the office and the undercurrent conflict between employers and employees is to lay the foundations of the strange shipping and receiving departments… like someone else has been doing work just behind the executives bosses.

Lalirra Simms is basically right, Max. After all, Max is not what we would call the proactive type of boss, and he surely was hoping that every strange expenditure in the company would be commited by him. I bet that, given he is the only one who can do the investigation, this guarantee that it would never reach any tangible result.

Cassie Schroeder is really buxom, isn’t she? But has she really have the power to order that madhouse that is APEX? If we analyze the “supervisor curse”, we found that is only another way to blame the middle management of everything gone wrong.

Just another thing, who would be crazy enough to work on APEX? Not that Rixio City seems a better place to be… ;)
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » July 2nd, 2012, 9:43 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi NorthernChill

This is a review for issue # 1

This comic is great! I think the real motive to show the colorful personalities that clashes in the office and the undercurrent conflict between employers and employees is to lay the foundations of the strange shipping and receiving departments… like someone else has been doing work just behind the executives bosses.

Lalirra Simms is basically right, Max. After all, Max is not what we would call the proactive type of boss, and he surely was hoping that every strange expenditure in the company would be commited by him. I bet that, given he is the only one who can do the investigation, this guarantee that it would never reach any tangible result.

Cassie Schroeder is really buxom, isn’t she? But has she really have the power to order that madhouse that is APEX? If we analyze the “supervisor curse”, we found that is only another way to blame the middle management of everything gone wrong.

Just another thing, who would be crazy enough to work on APEX? Not that Rixio City seems a better place to be… ;)

Thanks, Hector...I see Lalirra as being a sharp cookie who, despite her deviant behaviour, acts in awareness of what goes on around her at all times.

Cassie has a tough job but the fact she accepts the graybots in the labs puts her one step ahead of her predecessor. Whether that leads to her joining them remains to be seen...;)

I think APEX keeps getting skilled workers because despite the stories of what goes on, the money and position always brings somebody who thinks they'll fare better than the past employees who "left"...:D

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » July 2nd, 2012, 4:27 pm

Hi NorthernChill!

Now that you mention it, they also could tell them that the other employees were “not cut out for the work” or simply “they didn’t make it”. I wonder if Cassie “buxom” qualities were part of her curriculum ;)
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » July 3rd, 2012, 11:35 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi NorthernChill!

Now that you mention it, they also could tell them that the other employees were “not cut out for the work” or simply “they didn’t make it”. I wonder if Cassie “buxom” qualities were part of her curriculum ;)

One thing that comes to mind is that for most new employees, they are given the basics when interviewing for any job and any "concerns" raised are usually minimized....so when topics like "mind control" and "strange tech" are brought up, they're minimized. By the time the truth is learned, well, past supervisors are rather quiet about their experiences...:D

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » July 10th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Dear NorthernChill:

This story was short but juicy, the details that I loved the most were to see Simms freaked out by the drones, seeing Madam Minx with a dollie, and seeing the ongoing plot with the drones.

But the best part was to see a little of Preston’s psyche: The reason why he is attracted to Pink Pussycat is because she never will get anything with him? Talking about Freudian excuses!

Great work!
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » July 19th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Thanks Hector...I think Preston would be a regular at a Metrobay therapist given his inner demons but given therapists might be like Mesmerella, well...;)

Northern Chill

Postby DrDevious » October 23rd, 2012, 11:53 am

Story and art that truly "floats my boat". I would suggest that as the technology evolves the graybots are upgraded into more sophisticated models. Perhaps even to the extent of converting other women by touch alone. Sonyabot is one of my favourites. Could there be scope for a story arc that involves escape and recapture, now that we know girls can be restored to normal? P.S. Cassiebot please. I merely suggest :D
DrDevious

Postby Northern Chill » October 23rd, 2012, 7:46 pm

DrDevious wrote:Story and art that truly "floats my boat". I would suggest that as the technology evolves the graybots are upgraded into more sophisticated models. Perhaps even to the extent of converting other women by touch alone. Sonyabot is one of my favourites. Could there be scope for a story arc that involves escape and recapture, now that we know girls can be restored to normal? P.S. Cassiebot please. I merely suggest :D

Thanks for the feedback, DrDevious. Cassie would be a nice subject for that process if she can't avoid the fate of her predecessors...:)

Northern Chill

Previous

Return to Northern Chill