Uzobono's The Division

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

Re: Uzobono's The Division

Postby Uzobono » May 23rd, 2014, 4:51 pm

Hello all :).

I'm *so* excited to present the first issue of 'Aria of the Hive', which continues the story of 'A Seductive Path' :). This issue was *particularly* hard to write but I hope you all enjoy, and I'd *love* to hear your feedback. So without adieu....

You can find 'The Division: Aria of the Hive #1" at:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... the-Hive-1

*or* download the full .zip at my Deviantart:

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/The-D ... -455922438

Uzobono

Postby Telsis » May 25th, 2014, 3:45 pm

You wanted feedback…

!!Spoilers below!!
I thought Aria of the Hive was a very good and enjoyable continuation to this story arc, with some wonderfully dark and erotic scenes. The world that Tabico and yourself have created is loaded with menace and treachery at every turn and it’s a real rollercoaster ride. I really like the way that each of the stories (Core, Seductive Path, Night Moves & Synthetic) are all very distinctive but inhabit the same universe with the threads of each story occasionally crossing one another, which adds a lot of depth to the universe.

Your renders seem to get better and better with every release, with very believable poses and great attention to detail in every scene. Your use of lighting is also first rate and it really adds atmosphere and menace to certain scenes. The new shiny nanite enhanced skins of drones and pleasure dolls is a definite winner in my book.

I very much like the way this story is evolving when taken in context with Core. Nemesis, Q and Rei have developed this technology for their own nefarious ends and it’s a great twist having the collective hive appear to turn on it’s creators. The monster consuming it’s maker. We’re left to ponder whether there’s another dark force at work behind the scenes, why was Rei so unconcerned and unhelpful to Q’s plea for help and what deal has Doctor Exis (surely the proxy of Melcthion?) done with the Hive. What will be the consequences of the creation and isolation of 87001R Rubydrone and why is this so important to the hive, what mischief will the newly created sleeper Brody cause, what has happened to Haven?

All intriguing questions I look forward to seeing answered.

If I have one small criticism it would be that I find it a bit of a stretch to believe that Haven would let Rubydrone loose (albeit supervised), especially after seeing Moira nearly get spiked. Maybe I’m just too distrustful ;)

Keep up the excellent work.
Telsis

Postby xarielx » May 26th, 2014, 11:47 pm

Uzo, you've exceeded my expectations once again. Aria of the Hive is a fantastic and complex comic, and your art seemingly grows by leaps and bounds each issue. The initial opening, and ultimate fate of the hapless Kimmy, led me to think that Nemesis and the Agency would gain the upper hand, but boy, was I wrong. With the now unbound Hive betraying and it would seem like controlling their creators, these stories seem to be converging on a very epic arc. Within CORE there are secrets and motivations to gain Hive technology, not to mention the blatant solicitation of the Hive by Dr. Exis, the drones have revealed themselves to be the true power, with motivations that describe an almost disdain or apathy towards humans. Not the least of whom is Ruby-drone herself, whom I can't get enough of, and whose motivation seems to run alongside the Hive but not quite. Her conversion of Brody was cold, calculating yet it almost seemed as if she was reluctant to do it, like Brody had given her no choice or some type of programming kicked in. In my opinion, Ruby-drone is the star of this comic as Haven was the star of A Seductive Path. Her duplicitous nature is wonderful to read and reflect on. Once again, a wonderful addition to your comic universe and I believe a real turning point, with plot twists that have a real impact on the future of all the Division storylines. Excellent, excellent work! Thanks you, Uzo!
xarielx

Postby sohta123 » May 28th, 2014, 8:52 pm

What can I say but I'm in awe once more. You've done an absolute fantastic job in portraying an excellent story!
I agree that your artwork and use of lighting just keeps improving.

I was stunned by several scenes in this story. First Kimmy's 'volunteering' to be a breeder. Then the Hive's sudden incorporation of Nemesis. That was great. She looked so hot after it was over. I'm curious about the anomalies that Nemesis-drone is having. The fact that she, like Ruby is not in consensus is interesting. Perhaps another Hive beginning?

Then for Doc Rei to ignore her 'friend's' pleas for help, I'm wondering if something else is up there. Great plot build-up.

And the dialog between Ruby-Drone and Brody was great. The conversion scene was incredible. So much shown but still leaving much to the imagination.

I'm sooooo anticipating the coming interaction between Ruby and Haven that is bound to happen soon. I'm hoping if Haven becomes a Hive Queen that her personality isn't so much lost but that the way she views her friends changes. I'd almost want Ruby to be her personal bodyguard/consort but then having her be just another drone seems more fitting to the story.

I've read a lot of these types of stories on both this site and several others and I have to say that the world that you, NorthernChill, and Tabico have created is by far the best overall. There are many other very great stories by the other authors/artists but the depth of this is beyond anything else. And that's no disrespect to any of the others because I enjoy them as well.

I can't wait to see new covers!
sohta123

Postby Sumatra » May 29th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Fucking awesome issue. Nothing more needs be said, top of the game here. Visually stunning.

Preggo Kimmy was good.That ambush was cold as ice. How the drones didn't give a shit about Nemesis. Zephyr got away, wonder if the rest of the group will find out, how they might punish her. Brody getting enslaved was a highlight, love your process Uzo. Chilling to see Rubydrone do the same thing to her she had done to herself in issue 7 of Seductive Path. Brody as a sleeper like in CORE #3 is fucking sizzling. Escaped being dolled to be a drone.

Nemesis converted into a hunter was great. She deserved it, wondering what the Hive will do with her. Loved her process as well. Lots of subtle shit going on behind the scenes.

Why was Rubydrone programming those others? Seemed nonchalant about it, would raise more alarm bells. Maybe she controls Moira too.

Brody as a sleeper drone is fucking hot, wondering how Timea will handle that.

Why was Rei so apathetic to Q? Working with the Hives? Makes sense considering they mention her plan with breeders. Awesome to see a crossover cameo from Synthetic Enigma.

What happens to Q now? She created the drones right? What will they do with her? Another controller? Maybe a custom one. What about the Agency? They have to know something is going on. Did the Hives take over them too?

Can't wait for the next issue, any date?

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby obviousagent » August 13th, 2014, 7:35 am

Well there it is, the new cover for Aria of the hive.
I am really looking forward to this new chapter of this great story.
obviousagent

Postby Sumatra » September 21st, 2014, 2:24 pm

See Night Moves on 23rd, fucking awesome. Any date or cover on Core and next Division?

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby bluemax2 » October 2nd, 2014, 11:28 am

Uzo:
We're very glad that you are back.
Any news on the next installment of Aria of the Hive?
I know that all your fans are waiting with much enthusiasm.
Will Haven be grey-droned into a controller drone like Ruby? (oh I do hope so). Slow and detailed, please.
And will Ruby be found by the Hive? Pulled back onto the farm. She's been awol too long now.
What will happen to the reconfigured Nemesis drone? Will she be made into a standard hunter drone or something more special?
What about Dr. Q? Will she be sold down the river by Dr. Rei? Will she be integrated into the hive, somehow so all her info is useful to them? Now that Nemesis is no longer there for her what will happen to her?
Dr. Rei seems to have a lot of irons in the fire going on in the background...
And Brody...well we know what her future color is: Grey!
Moira seems destined for the same color bodysuit as well. She would look very much better in it anyway. She doesn't have much upstairs as it is.
Timea is the unknown element here. What's her destiny? Milkdrone? Greydrone? Special utility drone or perhaps even hunter drone? She really can't be running around loose and out of control. That shouldn't be tolerated

Well these are some of my wishes and ideas. I'm sure the rest of our readers, followers and fans have many ideas of their own.
Please give us a hint of what's coming and when.
Thanks and keep up the great work.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Uzobono » October 4th, 2014, 1:18 pm

bluemax2 wrote:Uzo:
We're very glad that you are back.
Any news on the next installment of Aria of the Hive?
I know that all your fans are waiting with much enthusiasm.
Will Haven be grey-droned into a controller drone like Ruby? (oh I do hope so). Slow and detailed, please.
And will Ruby be found by the Hive? Pulled back onto the farm. She's been awol too long now.
What will happen to the reconfigured Nemesis drone? Will she be made into a standard hunter drone or something more special?
What about Dr. Q? Will she be sold down the river by Dr. Rei? Will she be integrated into the hive, somehow so all her info is useful to them? Now that Nemesis is no longer there for her what will happen to her?
Dr. Rei seems to have a lot of irons in the fire going on in the background...
And Brody...well we know what her future color is: Grey!
Moira seems destined for the same color bodysuit as well. She would look very much better in it anyway. She doesn't have much upstairs as it is.
Timea is the unknown element here. What's her destiny? Milkdrone? Greydrone? Special utility drone or perhaps even hunter drone? She really can't be running around loose and out of control. That shouldn't be tolerated

Well these are some of my wishes and ideas. I'm sure the rest of our readers, followers and fans have many ideas of their own.
Please give us a hint of what's coming and when.

Bluemax

Hi Bluemax! The next installment is due to drop October 10th :). *Huge* issue, and I hope you'll enjoy it, I can't spoil anything *but*..."stuff" will happen :p.
Uzobono

Postby bluemax2 » October 10th, 2014, 10:33 am

Uzo:
How is the next chapter looking?
Will we able to see it today?
We all realize its a huge undertaking, but we all want you to know your multitude of fans look forward to each new chapter of your various series.

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Uzobono » October 10th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Hi everyone! I'm *really* excited to present the second issue of 'Aria of the Hive'!

This issue *might* be confusing (I hope not!), so take it slow and make sure to recall what went down in 'Aria' # 1, and I hope you *all* enjoy it to bits :).

You can find 'Aria of the Hive' #2 at:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... the-Hive-2

*or* download the .zip as well on my deviantart:

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/The-D ... -487587277

I *love* all of your feedback, thanks so much for reading!

Uzobono

Postby Sumatra » October 12th, 2014, 3:33 pm

Uzo, don't even know where to begin. Holy fuck was this a good issue.

That what you really look like lol? Dayyyyyum. For real, your comics get more like watchin a fuckin movie than reading lately. That cold open was amazing. Any significance to it? If not, would love to see more of that guys "entertainment".

Brody as a sleeper was fucking awesome, cold as shit, but awesome. That look she gave Timea after knocking her out on Page 19 pretty much nailed it. Add to it that Rubydrone seems to be pretty much mindfucking with everyone she comes across. Brody converted. Moira's fuckin useless, but hot, can't wait to see her join. Timea seemed to be the only threat, they neutralized her quick.

Haven's mind was great, your art gets better with each episode. Very TRON. Hope Ruby corrupts her in there more often. The way she owns Brody, and straight up bullshitted Haven says as much. Who's she loyal to? She doesn't want to be part of the Agency Hive, far as she says. Maybe set up her own? Get Haven to become a "Hive Mistress/Queen"? Guessing so.
Will we see Q again? Or Rei? Any word on the next CORE or Shan comic?

Amazing work.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby obviousagent » October 12th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Awesome issue as ever Uzo. The characters and backgrounds are better each issue and your technical skills are going through the roof. The story is really gripping and very well written.
I think the Hive may just be setting Haven up to take out their only real threat, the Agency. It seems the creation is turning on it's master.
Then after this stonking issue you hit us with a teaser of more collaboration with Tabico, it just gets better and better.
obviousagent

Postby xarielx » October 27th, 2014, 12:50 am

Hello Uzo, this comic could possibly be the finest one you have done. From the initial opening scene, which I thought was a lead-in to a different arc, showcased that cool, detached apathetic behavior of elites towards "normal" persons. Not withstanding the obvious fact that the antagonist is a male, a rarity in The Division, the issue really hit home with Rubydrone, holy cow, did you knock the ball out of the park with her, as well as Brody! I have to reiterate previous comments, she is 100% LYING, quite bluntly in the reader's face as a matter of fact, as well as, or through, Brody. The scene of Brody taking Timea out, was undoubtedly proof that A. Brody is a drone, through and through. B. Rubydrone has no restraint to target the people around Haven., I can imagine how enraged Timea would be if that was revealed to her.

The "virtual space" you've designed for Haven is quite fascinating. It seems to draw from the Matrix if I'm reading it correctly, similar to the Architect's domain in some ways. That Ruby needed to directly interface with her mind, I thought that spoke of how much the Hive in general fears Haven, the "unknowable" factor. Almost as if this collective intelligence is unsure of what will happen should they prod the beast. That is assuming Ruby is loyal to the Hive, which she states she isn't but how can we trust her statements with the clearly subversive and manipulative way she accessed Haven's mind, and the clear conversion of Brody? Along with the subliminal messages, which call back to the ones seen in CORE: Alignment, it seems like Rubydrone is attempting to coerce or control Haven in a Chinese water torture type fashion.

Thank you for your work, Uzo, I can't stress how much I have enjoyed this particular issue, keep them coming please!
xarielx

Postby bluemax2 » January 4th, 2015, 1:59 am

Nicely done. Great episode.
i do hope there is more to Rubydrone then meets the eye. No happily ever afters, please.
Haven did look fantastic as a SuperDrone and it would be oh so delicious if Rubydrone and her new sidekick Brodie have some devious and dastardly surprises waiting for them at the hive. Perhaps Rubydrone is really connected to the hive somehow and it's all the plan of the hive controllers.....?
cant wait to see the next installment. Maybe a Haven's merry band is in for some unexpected and life altering surprises, from the hive?

Any idea when the next installment is due?
Keep up the great work. Loved the teasers on deviantart.

Bluemax
bluemax2

PreviousNext

Return to Uzobono