The Division: Guided Tour

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

The Division: Guided Tour

Postby Uzobono » October 25th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Hey everyone! I wanted to let you all know that Tabico and I have released a free(!) *uber* fetishy comic that I'm *sure* will make everyone here *very* happy :D .

Synopsis: A college administrator discovers that women are being kidnapped and transformed into the mindless thralls of a merciless techno-intelligence; the techno-intelligence is only too happy to provide her with a personal tour.

You can find 'Guided Tour' here:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... uided-Tour

*or* in my DeviantArt gallery:

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/The-D ... -490430730

Uzobono

Re: The Division: Guided Tour

Postby xarielx » October 27th, 2014, 1:11 am

Hello Uzo and Tabico, personally "Guided Tour" is a cyber sci-fi knockout of visual effects and advanced comic book storytelling. It is almost an overload to read your comics in a marathon, but while "Aria of the Hive" filled my curiosity, "Guided Tour" was in many ways a predictable, yet unpredictable read. What I mean is, on its face, taken alone, it is a one-shot tale of a woman who finds the idea of joining a collective of sex robots unbearably arousing, and her spiral down into enslavement. It is in many ways a classic fetish story in its best form. However, I went into this after "Aria of the Hive", and the subversion, the seduction, the slow circling of one coercive act to the next, which is present in both, hinted at the massive single drive that commands these machines to do what they do.

Niobe's statement: "Converting everyone is not required to achieve our goals.", was, in many ways, the culmination of the Hive's objectives. The drones, the controllers, the slaves, the sleepers, all point to the Hive doing what a secretive shadow organization would do, which is control the masses without the knowledge they are under control. The comic in itself is pure white heat in terms of fetishism. You have hypnosis, scantily clad or nude slaves mindlessly walking throughout, some of Uzo's best transformation work, as well as a protagonist who herself has been REPROGRAMMED to be a fetishist! That there was a twist was obvious, this is a Tabico story after all, and all good stories offer a twist, but that the twist would be the focal point as to why Erin had decided to take this tour was in itself a showcase of the antagonist, the Hive, through Niobe were master schemers in the best sense of the term. Erin's droning of her student was easily the highlight, which pushed this reader's buttons to the extreme. That Erin herself ended up the same as Niobe, even more so, as evidenced by the Hive machinery she is "plugged" into, was a delightful finish to an amazing addendum to the Division universe.

Thank you both for delivering such a staggering work to us!
xarielx

Postby bluemax2 » October 29th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Uzo and Tabico:
Bravo. I second everything Xarielx said. Every one of these episodes is like watching a mini-series on TV or reading a short novel. So much detail and nuance.
I do however wish there were more detailed conversions and dronings.
Great story and incredible art (as always).
Stealth drones (sleepers)! What a concept! Can anyone be trusted....at all!

Can't wait to see more of your collaborations. You two have become quite a dynamic duo.

Thank you.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Reinhardt » November 6th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Are the drones still sentient?
Reinhardt

Postby Uzobono » November 10th, 2014, 12:18 am

Reinhardt wrote:Are the drones still sentient?

Yes :), of course they are. Well, does collective sentience count ;) ?
Uzobono

Postby Reinhardt » November 16th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Nice to know. If they had been completely blank and mindless, it just wouldn't be the same.
Reinhardt

Return to Uzobono