Wait, what? Ah c'mon Ishtar!

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Re: Wait, what? Ah c'mon Ishtar!

Postby jrhcl2 » June 29th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Trishbot wrote:Like many here, I love Ishtar, and I do still love her stories.

But these guys do have a point. As a fellow writer, I'm going to try not to be too critical (and I can slip into that mode quite easily), so I should throw on the *disclaimer* here and say this is all my personal opinions on erotic hypno storytelling.

The main goal of the stories here has been, and should be, mind controlling these sexy women. When a story starts to meander from that, and we get issues that try and be something other than erotic mind control stories, I think that's a problem. Thankfully, Mr. Cryptic delivers on the goods quite frequently.

And that leads into part 2... doing it TOO MUCH. Whoa, whoa, wait up, I hear you all saying. Too much of a good thing?!

What I mean is that doing the same thing over and over blunts the impact of doing it. It can work once or twice, but after awhile the spark in your erotic mind control love life starts to fade and you need to freshen things up.

And that can be by having the heroine WIN. Have her obtain her highest highest... because that means that what follows up has to be her lowest lows. I write my stories fully thinking about contrasts, how much the heroine changes, how much the relationship between villain and master changes, and how much the relationships involve change. The greater the contrast, the greater the fall, and the more rewarding the naughty hypno shenanigans.

When a heroine, no matter how powerful, falls under hypnosis and mind control at the drop of a hat, the challenge is lost. There is something to be said for an inevitable struggle; it's exciting, it's tension, it's build-up. It's raising the climax and waiting for the payoff. Sometimes, a good story has a fulfilling payoff after a long struggle and that powerful heroine that was annoying the villain the whole time finally ends up as his or her docile hypno slave pet... sometimes there isn't any payoff.

This is rambling now, but I think Ishtar's got the most important parts of "MC" Comix down... and I love it. Now all she needs in future stories is a little... finesse. Give the poor gal some wiggle room to have some successes and pitfalls and she'll become more than just hypno fodder. Once she grows as a character, that makes her falls into hypnotic bliss even MORE rewarding.

*disclaimer off*

This is what i've been trying to say!! I know this site is about superheroines being mind controlled !! My favorite artist Mr. Cryptic has made this very clear, as well as the artists and the fans have done in this forums!! But as you have said, why can't the heroines win sometime, your right !! it is more interesting when a heroine is known to have a strong will, and you know the villain is going to have a fight on his hands!! It does make it much more exciting when the villain finally does mind control the heroine if the villain has to struggle to do it!! Let see the heroines have some sexual encounters with non-villains too, not always with villains!! I know the site is about heroines falling victim to mind control and being used by villains. I think the artists see themself as the villain and the stories are basically about what they would do to trap and gain control of the heroine and what they would do once they gained that control,which is ok!! But i'd still like to see the heroines win sometime and have some pleasure with non-villain sometime.

I don't want the artists to think i'm putting their work down or demanding that theme!! Why would i remain a member,if i didn't enjoy the theme of the stories on this site!! I'm only requesting to see some stories with that theme, are should i say i'm hoping to see some stories with that theme, i'm not demanding that artist's make stories with that theme, i'm just asking!! These only thing that turns me off are stories are a site where the stories are about hurting ,torturing or physically abusing the heroine. I don't enjoy torture!! that these only thing that will ever make me cancel my membership, point being i think the artists, and the stories are OUTSTANDING!!

Is there a adult site that feature superheroines that is like mainstream comics, where the heroines defeat evil, that feature nudity and sex?? By sex, i mean with someone the heroine likes or cares for, of the heroine own free will. Is there such a site????
jrhcl2

Postby kakyo001 » June 29th, 2012, 2:09 pm

it's a common problem on this site due to the theme "mind control". Some time ago we had a similar discussion/controversity around Ms. Metrobay who shares the command of the Superheroine Squad with her daughter and is the oldest member of the squad... but she was usually the first or at least one of the easiest targets when it came to mind control (Doc's working hard to give her some screentime where she's able to be a heroine and not the prey)

with Ishtar it's similar... she's all powerful in your head but we (the consumers) can't see that. We only see her being taken down and/or humiliated and that image becomes that primary image we have from Ishtar... "ahh, it's Ishtar, well... she'll be MC'd within the next 2 issues... so let's move on and see who could solve the situation this time".

Brickhouse might become the next target of the discussion as she's physically the most powerful being (at least she was before 'Ultra Maxima' copied that powers) but doesn't stand a chance against any villain... based on the informations given so far she even loves it which in the end turns her into a failed heroine as she can't be trusted by her comrades
kakyo001

Postby jrhcl2 » June 29th, 2012, 6:27 pm

kakyo001 wrote:it's a common problem on this site due to the theme "mind control". Some time ago we had a similar discussion/controversity around Ms. Metrobay who shares the command of the Superheroine Squad with her daughter and is the oldest member of the squad... but she was usually the first or at least one of the easiest targets when it came to mind control (Doc's working hard to give her some screentime where she's able to be a heroine and not the prey)

with Ishtar it's similar... she's all powerful in your head but we (the consumers) can't see that. We only see her being taken down and/or humiliated and that image becomes that primary image we have from Ishtar... "ahh, it's Ishtar, well... she'll be MC'd within the next 2 issues... so let's move on and see who could solve the situation this time".

Brickhouse might become the next target of the discussion as she's physically the most powerful being (at least she was before 'Ultra Maxima' copied that powers) but doesn't stand a chance against any villain... based on the informations given so far she even loves it which in the end turns her into a failed heroine as she can't be trusted by her comrades

kakyo001, that was well said!! I guess my idea of what i think a superhero should be, come from the mainstream comics, all the years of reading the superhero comics and watching the superheroes series, where the heroes face and overcome their challenges, defeating evil and saving the day. When i first discovered Mr. Cryptic comix and the character Ishtar i thought of her like Thor the norse God of thunder a hero in Marvel comics, a God who has faced the Hulk, Demons, other powerful gods and the all powerful Galactus in battle, in Marvel comics. Showing himself to be a master of combat and a force of nature in his own right!! I love Ishtar, but i can't say the same about her!!

I do wonder how brickhouse's fellow heroes view her, since it seem she's always being mind controlled by some villain and made to attack her teammates!! Again i wonder if the members of the team trust each other, since all the members have betrayed the team while being mind controlled to include Ishtar, how does that effect the teams ability to work together!! That got to make it hard to trust your teammates!!

I'm pro-hero, it's still taking me sometime to get use to seeing the hero always being defeated, not saving the day, but falling victim to evil. It's nice to know that there are fans, who can kind of view it the way i do!! Wanting to see the hero win sometime.
jrhcl2

Postby Ghosthand » June 29th, 2012, 10:24 pm

I have to throw my two cents worth in here. Personally I think you are all wrong about the mainstream comic heros don't fall prey to the bad guys as easily as the heroines here. How many times has Superman been laying helpless because he was dumb enough to open a lead box that just so happened to have a chunk of kryptonite in it? I remember a issue of Avengers (it might have been West Coast Avengers) that had Tigra get turned into a robot by Ultron just as easily as any heroine here. Storm, one of the most powerful mutants around had her body switched buy the White Queen with a simple gun (one of my favorite comics :) ) The heroes and heroines lose quite often in mainstream comics. They just don't have all the sex!

What you are not seeing in these comics is all the character development or the huge battle scenes, but these take pages and pages of art and scripting. The mainstream comics can do these because they have artist and writes, along with a whole cast of other employees, that get paid just to make comics! The writers and artist here don't get paid just to make comics. They have regular jobs just like us and when they finally get time to sit down and make a few pages for us it is quite understandable that they want to get to the 'good stuff'.

Now, is there adult comics made by mainstream comic companies? Yes! Well, they might not be 'mainstream' but professional comic companies. Many year ago (before I got married) I use to spend anywhere from 200 to 500 dollars a month on comics! (yes, I'm pathetic) I use to get the full catalog from the comic shop and there are all kinds of adult comics out there, not from Marvel or DC, but they are out there. And some of them were quite good! But, and this is a very big but, many of them were not so different from what you read here! Personally, from what I've seen in the past, the writers and artist here are doing a wonderful job providing erotic comics for us.

And just to thow this in, if you think finding a mainstream adult comic is hard you should try to find a adult video game that is more that just a collection of dirty picture puzzles :P
Ghosthand

Postby jrhcl2 » June 30th, 2012, 7:02 am

Ghosthand wrote:I have to throw my two cents worth in here. Personally I think you are all wrong about the mainstream comic heros don't fall prey to the bad guys as easily as the heroines here. How many times has Superman been laying helpless because he was dumb enough to open a lead box that just so happened to have a chunk of kryptonite in it? I remember a issue of Avengers (it might have been West Coast Avengers) that had Tigra get turned into a robot by Ultron just as easily as any heroine here. Storm, one of the most powerful mutants around had her body switched buy the White Queen with a simple gun (one of my favorite comics :) ) The heroes and heroines lose quite often in mainstream comics. They just don't have all the sex!

What you are not seeing in these comics is all the character development or the huge battle scenes, but these take pages and pages of art and scripting. The mainstream comics can do these because they have artist and writes, along with a whole cast of other employees, that get paid just to make comics! The writers and artist here don't get paid just to make comics. They have regular jobs just like us and when they finally get time to sit down and make a few pages for us it is quite understandable that they want to get to the 'good stuff'.

Now, is there adult comics made by mainstream comic companies? Yes! Well, they might not be 'mainstream' but professional comic companies. Many year ago (before I got married) I use to spend anywhere from 200 to 500 dollars a month on comics! (yes, I'm pathetic) I use to get the full catalog from the comic shop and there are all kinds of adult comics out there, not from Marvel or DC, but they are out there. And some of them were quite good! But, and this is a very big but, many of them were not so different from what you read here! Personally, from what I've seen in the past, the writers and artist here are doing a wonderful job providing erotic comics for us.

And just to thow this in, if you think finding a mainstream adult comic is hard you should try to find a adult video game that is more that just a collection of dirty picture puzzles :P

Hello ghosthand!! I agree with everything you said!! The characters from the mainstream comics do get beat a lot and do walk into some dumb traps and do also get beat really easy sometime! I only hoping to see a story where the heroines has the villains on the ropes, where you see that the heroine can skillfully use her powers, she can use her mind to out think a villain. I'm not saying that the artists aren't outstanding on this site or that i don't enjoy the site, as a matter of fact this is my favorite adult site and Mr. cryptic is a outstanding artist & writer, Ishtar is my favorite character by far of any characters in adult comics!! Only want to see some stories where she get to shine sometime. That all i'm hoping for!!
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » June 30th, 2012, 11:55 am

I have had ideas for more action, e.g. battles where the heroines weren't mind controlled, but I've usually kind of put those aside since I figured there wouldn't be enough mind control or peril for this site. But if the readers want that I can try to do more of it.

My take on traditional adventure plots is that the hero is initially outclassed by the villain but wins in the end (e.g., Venom is like Spider-Man, but seemingly more powerful, but Spider-Man eventually wins). My stories are usually an inversion of that, where the villain is the underdog but manages to defeat the heroine through cleverness. My stories still end with good prevailing, although it is often via luck rather than resourcefulness on the heroine's part.

Ghosthand is correct that big fight scenes are technically difficult to create. I was really impressed with Finister's fight scene in the Hypnotica series (and that's a free comic!). On the other hand, sex scenes take some work too, since you have to make sure all the body parts are in a logical place and not poking through the other figure (I mean poking through in the wrong ways :) ). Pages where figures don't touch each other are the easiest.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » April 2nd, 2013, 5:02 am

Mr. Cryptic wrote:I have had ideas for more action, e.g. battles where the heroines weren't mind controlled, but I've usually kind of put those aside since I figured there wouldn't be enough mind control or peril for this site. But if the readers want that I can try to do more of it.

My take on traditional adventure plots is that the hero is initially outclassed by the villain but wins in the end (e.g., Venom is like Spider-Man, but seemingly more powerful, but Spider-Man eventually wins). My stories are usually an inversion of that, where the villain is the underdog but manages to defeat the heroine through cleverness. My stories still end with good prevailing, although it is often via luck rather than resourcefulness on the heroine's part.

Ghosthand is correct that big fight scenes are technically difficult to create. I was really impressed with Finister's fight scene in the Hypnotica series (and that's a free comic!). On the other hand, sex scenes take some work too, since you have to make sure all the body parts are in a logical place and not poking through the other figure (I mean poking through in the wrong ways :) ). Pages where figures don't touch each other are the easiest.

I was looking thru your forums and noticed this subject again " wait,what? Ah c'mon Ishtar" I overlooked your comments on your take on traditional Hero Adventure plots! I didn't realize you were pro-villain!! I guess that why the villains good moments get so much more scene time and why the heroes good moments only receive very little scene time. This leads to a few questions i need to ask. How should we feel about the heroines in the story?? should we like them or dislike them?? Should we really being pulling for the villains???

I know your going to say these stories about mind control, but do the stories have to be so one sided , the villain way??!! The heroes are rarely shown being heroic and their only powerful when their being talk about, she has great power, she one of most powerful heroines!! But yet they spent most of their time as slave not heroes!! Their only shown to have great powers when their serving the villain and their only shown to have skills when their fighting their fellow heroes for the Villain. Who is the real star the heroes or the villains?? Why can't there be more balance??
jrhcl2

Postby jrhcl2 » April 8th, 2013, 5:33 am

kakyo001 wrote:it's a common problem on this site due to the theme "mind control". Some time ago we had a similar discussion/controversity around Ms. Metrobay who shares the command of the Superheroine Squad with her daughter and is the oldest member of the squad... but she was usually the first or at least one of the easiest targets when it came to mind control (Doc's working hard to give her some screentime where she's able to be a heroine and not the prey)

(with Ishtar it's similar... she's all powerful in your head but we (the consumers) can't see that. We only see her being taken down and/or humiliated and that image becomes that primary image we have from Ishtar... "ahh, it's Ishtar, well... she'll be MC'd within the next 2 issues... so let's move on and see who could solve the situation this time".)

(Brickhouse might become the next target of the discussion as she's physically the most powerful being (at least she was before 'Ultra Maxima' copied that powers) but doesn't stand a chance against any villain... based on the informations given so far she even loves it which in the end turns her into a failed heroine as she can't be trusted by her comrades)

These about comments, are pretty much how i feel about Ishtar and Brickhouse in a nut shell.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » April 8th, 2013, 10:18 am

The only other thing I can say is that I'm following a general plot template where the protagonists suffer defeat after defeat, until the end when they snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Not that the heroes never have any successes, but most of the smaller battles are won by the antogonists until. There's often some kind of failing on the antagonist's part that does them in (overconfidence, etc.). Given that this web site is based on the theme of heroines getting miind controlled, I figure this plot template works pretty well (the bulk of the story time is spent on the protagonists suffering defeats). The Prospero storyline has gone on a lot longer than I intended, so the period where the heroines suffer defeats has gone on linger than intended.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » April 9th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:The only other thing I can say is that I'm following a general plot template where the protagonists suffer defeat after defeat, until the end when they snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Not that the heroes never have any successes, but most of the smaller battles are won by the antogonists until. There's often some kind of failing on the antagonist's part that does them in (overconfidence, etc.). Given that this web site is based on the theme of heroines getting miind controlled, I figure this plot template works pretty well (the bulk of the story time is spent on the protagonists suffering defeats). The Prospero storyline has gone on a lot longer than I intended, so the period where the heroines suffer defeats has gone on linger than intended.

Yeah!! I have to say i'm becoming frustrate with the Prospero stortyline!! I'm losing my zest for the story!! I'm tired of seeing him come out of head, that scene with Brickhouse, Siron and agent Beauty at Prospero place while the images were hot!! Brickhouse dancing nude for him and then serving him orally and Siron laying around nude then told to serve Agent Beauty, along with the scene of pitbull and Siron serving Prospero sexually,Prospero has been really degrading the Heroines, nothing but toys to him!! As least for me, I don't like seeing the heroines (the good guys) serving a (bad guy) Prospero for so long!!

For me it bring the story down, the whole feel of the story is dark!! It good serving evil!! The story get more and more darker with every victory he has and with the more power he gains, the story has become depressing if your fans of seeing good things happen to good people, not becoming the victim of evil.
jrhcl2

Previous

Return to Mr. Cryptic