American Amazon in 'Brainwashed'

Discuss "American Amazon" and other stories with Dumbtime!

Re: American Amazon in 'Brainwashed'

Postby Hector2 » April 7th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Dear Dumbtime:

Well, this is the most contrived and intrinsically difficult plan I have seen in a lot of time. Almost seems like Digitalus told himself: if this doesn’t work, I will simply destroy the whole project and call it a day.

The one thing I’m most interested is this: What would be the destiny of AA? How did she get into Madam Minx clutches?

The point is that as an amazon, she is the symbol of all womanhood, and it would be bad if she only loses in all her fights against supervillains.
Hector2

Postby dumbtime » April 7th, 2012, 6:29 pm

Hey Hector,

Digi is trying to trump mystical with science and technology. Its a tricky thing to do, and he wasn't sure if it would work exactly like it should. He didn't factor in the 3 in 1 consciousness with the submission chip and it nearly cost him. This is why he was so concise with his methodology in capturing the way he did - Veronika, Dora, Morrigan, Erin and then Number Two. Digi isn't quite perfect but he does like to have fail-safes implanted and the means to wipe out something if it goes outside his boundaries for it.

AA's subconscious measures to do the right thing spares her mistress's life by breaking Digi's unbreakable command and speaking against what he was about to do. She gave him the means to finish the process.

Ainia is a cursed Amazon. She was tainted and curse by a controlled priestess Dana when she was on her home island. What you haven't seen yet is what that curse really did. That's coming with the continuing of the Origins story. She fights and wins many battles against regular criminals in Capital City but when she tangles with supervillians (mostly from outer space or Metrobay) with the capacity to weld mind control capabilities, she falls for them all the time - it's part of the curse. There is a reference to the what the curse has done to her in the first part of the origins story where she talks about the night with Paula. Digi makes a reference to her being virtuous but being insatiably sexual as well. Her amazonian drive and the curse are at constant battle with each other.

The destiny of AA is to get through this ordeal of the curse. It will get worse before it gets better. She is about to catch a temporary break in the next subplot of the storyline. But, it will be short lived. Think of it like Odysseus trying to get home.

I hope this helps. Its been a pleasure of mine opening up the explanation of events like this for you. I never reveal to much, just enough to get you to see what you are having trouble seeing. :)

DT.
dumbtime

Postby Hector2 » April 8th, 2012, 10:43 am

Dear Dumbtime:

Thanks for all your explanations! It’s really reassuring to know the authors of this site care for their characters as for their readers.

One thing I loved from the Wonder Woman golden age comics was the way Princess Diana represented Womanhood. Then Doctor Psycho wanted to defeat her because being an horrible dwarf (and being, you know, evil) he was constantly rejected, so a better way to punish womanhood was to defeat Wonder Woman.

I mean that AA is not only an amazon, but the Champion of Womanhood, and being defeated once and again for villains seems not only sad, but illogical – what kind of champion is she?

Well, with your explanation, is a cursed champion, and then everything makes sense.

Now, I hope you don’t take this as a critic, because you have explained us why you chose to do it, but please, could you speed the pace of your stories? It seems like Digitalus has been enslaving those two forever, and I really want to know how she fall into Madam Minx’s clutches. Or at least to know more about Digitalus real plans for her. I think Macrolass said it better:

I'm ready for Digitalis to put on a pair of freaking pants! :)

So, I will take comfort that in your universe, Curses work! Take that Digitalus!
Hector2

Postby dumbtime » April 8th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Hector2 wrote:I mean that AA is not only an amazon, but the Champion of Womanhood, and being defeated once and again for villains seems not only sad, but illogical – what kind of champion is she?

Well, with your explanation, is a cursed champion, and then everything makes sense.

Remember, AA is not WW. She comes from a different but similar origin, has a different blight and is pretty much created by a lost Amazon in man's world that has a slight cause of amensia to what she once was. (Again, that will be brought out in the origins continuation.)

Hector2 wrote:Now, I hope you don’t take this as a critic, because you have explained us why you chose to do it, but please, could you speed the pace of your stories? It seems like Digitalus has been enslaving those two forever, and I really want to know how she fall into Madam Minx’s clutches. Or at least to know more about Digitalus real plans for her. I think Macrolass said it better:

I'm ready for Digitalis to put on a pair of freaking pants! :)

So, I will take comfort that in your universe, Curses work! Take that Digitalus!

Indeed, they do. I won't apologize for my style of story-telling. It can get somewhat detail oriented but, it gets the job done, thoroughly. :twisted:
dumbtime

Postby Hector2 » April 8th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Dear Dumbtime:

I admit my error: Any time I see an amazon, I think in WW. Please forgive me. ;)
Hector2

Postby dumbtime » April 9th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Dumbtime:

I admit my error: Any time I see an amazon, I think in WW. Please forgive me. ;)

No need to apologize. AA is pretty my version of the Amazon story that is a mixture of the original WW premise and ancient Mythology, which includes the ancient amazonian mythology and how "I" interpret it. I try to make the story that I enjoy and that will entertain you and the other fans at MCComix. I am a person that knows he can't satisfy everyone but strives to do the best I can with what I have to work with at my disposal.

I hope this doesn't stop you from enjoying teh story and you keep criticizing the work. I love constructive criticism, especially from someone who cares about it.
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » September 29th, 2012, 7:34 am

Hello McComix fans,

It’s been a while but, now it’s time to get back to fun with superheroines, especially American Amazon.

With that, let’s jump right into the action.

Macrolass and I proudly present, after a long hiatus, the next chapter of the Brainwashed series.

Synopsis: Sometime after a wild crazy night in Digitalus’ laboratory, all seems to be back to normal (or what would seem like normal).
Ainia has gone back to being her Super agent and Superheroine roles with no idea what she is really doing as government property. Now, it’s
Friday and approaching midnight. She’s been on her normal patrol but that patrol has brought her to the Dept. of Defense compound in the heart of Capital City…

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=45247
dumbtime

Postby mns_95125 » September 29th, 2012, 9:08 am

It's great to have you back from your summer break.

Boy, Digitalus is a jerk, isn't he? He really enjoys messing with AA, knowing full well that he's in control and she doesn't have a clue. I also liked the interplay between AA's conscious mind and the underlying commands she's following -- this model of MC, in which the subject thinks they're conscious and their actions are normal while they're actually obeying a controller, is somewhat underexplored at this site. It's a refreshing change from the more robotic 'Yes, I'm your slave, command me' approach.

One nitpick on time. Part 9 of "For The Benefit of Society" is explicitly stated to take place on Sunday morning, and the events from there to the end of "Brainwashed 1" are pretty much continuous and seem to take place in a single day. (If not then Digitalus went for a *long* time without wearing pants.) The opening of "Brainwashed 2" is said to take place 3 days later, which would be a Wednesday, but AA is obeying a command to go to the DoD complex every Friday. I sense contradiction.
mns_95125

Postby dumbtime » September 29th, 2012, 9:42 am

mns_95125 wrote:It's great to have you back from your summer break.

Boy, Digitalus is a jerk, isn't he? He really enjoys messing with AA, knowing full well that he's in control and she doesn't have a clue. I also liked the interplay between AA's conscious mind and the underlying commands she's following -- this model of MC, in which the subject thinks they're conscious and their actions are normal while they're actually obeying a controller, is somewhat underexplored at this site. It's a refreshing change from the more robotic 'Yes, I'm your slave, command me' approach.

One nitpick on time. Part 9 of "For The Benefit of Society" is explicitly stated to take place on Sunday morning, and the events from there to the end of "Brainwashed 1" are pretty much continuous and seem to take place in a single day. (If not then Digitalus went for a *long* time without wearing pants.) The opening of "Brainwashed 2" is said to take place 3 days later, which would be a Wednesday, but AA is obeying a command to go to the DoD complex every Friday. I sense contradiction.

Uggh, it's suppose to be 5 days. i think we were concerned with the rest of the dialogue and skipped over that mistake. lol. I'll fix it tonight.

Its good to be back and we're glad you enjoyed the update. There is a reason Digitalus likes putting his minions and minions-to-be in there place as he sees it. That will be explored more in the sequel to 'The Trap.'

Stay tune to this series though, its about to take you for a cool ride. ;)
dumbtime

Postby MacroLass » September 30th, 2012, 5:22 am

dumbtime wrote:Macrolass and I proudly present, after a long hiatus, the next chapter of the Brainwashed series.

Quotes to look for this time include a Han Solo line from Star Wars (The Empire Strikes back more specifically) and a tribute to actor Michael Clarke Duncan from the film Slammin' Salmon. RIP.
MacroLass

Postby MacroLass » September 30th, 2012, 5:46 am

mns_95125 wrote:Boy, Digitalus is a jerk, isn't he? He really enjoys messing with AA, knowing full well that he's in control and she doesn't have a clue. I also liked the interplay between AA's conscious mind and the underlying commands she's following -- this model of MC, in which the subject thinks they're conscious and their actions are normal while they're actually obeying a controller, is somewhat underexplored at this site. It's a refreshing change from the more robotic 'Yes, I'm your slave, command me' approach.

Yeah, he's a pretty nasty guy. Probably one of those people that goes "fishing" with several sticks of dynamite....

Your point about the mode of control is taken though as with most things it was a means to an end. I generally like lots of banter in my stories (witty or not is a value judgement ;) ) and it's harder to do that if the intellect is repressed.

Either way, it was a long time for DIgitalis to be without pants, especially if you're proofreading it over and over and over.... :P

I'll take the rap for the continuity error even though I didn't write 'For The Benefit of Society'. Thanks for pointing it out.
MacroLass

Postby sohta123 » September 30th, 2012, 10:18 am

What's wrong with using dynamite to fish with...? ;)
sohta123

Postby dumbtime » October 4th, 2012, 8:44 pm

sohta123 wrote:What's wrong with using dynamite to fish with...? ;)

I like fishing with dynamite...
dumbtime

Postby MacroLass » October 4th, 2012, 9:33 pm

dumbtime wrote:
sohta123 wrote:What's wrong with using dynamite to fish with...? ;)

I like fishing with dynamite...

Tsk tsk tsk... :roll:
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » October 7th, 2012, 11:30 am

Dear Dumbtime and Macrolass:

Well, at long last, Digitalus put himself into a freaking pair of pants! Not a moment to soon if you ask me!

And what we have here? Isn’t this a little smug on both parts? American amazon is really smug about no guard in the facility, and Digitalus is really smug about having controlled her. No sympathy for any in this tale!

However, it’s always interesting to see how a person who had subiliminal commands rationalize her thoughts to do as the commands says.

I don’t know what would be American Amazon’s secret, but I would bet for the place where she came from and if there are more like her.

I really hope she can escape Digitalus and her terrible destiny, but given your comments, I don’t believe it’s really possible.

Great work!
Hector2

PreviousNext

Return to Dumbtime