Welcome to MCcomix.com!

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Re: Welcome to MCcomix.com!

Postby pelusa1ca » September 18th, 2009, 12:40 pm

No visa means I can't be joining...

P

Edit: Now that it is accepted I have joined.
Supporter of MCComix and HIPcomix
pelusa1ca

Postby leto17 » September 18th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Hello.

I am still confused as to why why my bank account is being declined.

Does your telephone option isn't working either. Perhaps that's because of vonage.
leto17

Postby leto17 » September 18th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Hello.

I have been informed that Visa should be offered. However, they do independent content checking, which takes 7 to 21 days. Because of this I have decided to edit out some of my prior message.
leto17

Postby Akonkid » September 18th, 2009, 6:37 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa, everybody calm down...

I'm not the ultimate authority here, but perhaps I can clarify a few things.

1. This site is just launching. It's brand new. As with many new things, things don't always go smoothly. If you've ever played a PC game or purchased certain software, occassionally it needs to be patched and fixed. It's impossible to foresee how things will handle once traffick floods in, and if I'm not mistaken this is the first website by some of the staff, many of whom are inexperienced with managing and running an entire website on their own. There's going to be a few bumps along the way, but, geez guys, the site has been "open" for only about two days. Give it some time to settle and let things smooth out a bit.

2. I would like to stress again that this site is a new site and that many of the artists and authors here are pulling double duty trying to get the website running smoothly, to get the billing working correctly, to micromanage and construct the set-up for the website to make it convenient for you all, AND they're writing and doing the art for this site and making new content.... and that's not including the jobs and real life responsibilities many of us have. We're working extra hard to get you guys as much stuff as possible right now, and we'd greatly appreciate a little patience. Not to be specific, but in my particular case, I'm struggling with the loss of a dear friend who was killed days ago. Not justifying some of these delays, but I'm asking for members and fans to be reasonable as we're still sorting through this stuff. I'm an artist on this site and even I didn't have access to the main galleries until yesterday.

3. Concerning VISA, I'd recommend just being patient. I know they are STILL working on the billing procedures. It's not some magic "now accept these cards" button and I think there's alot of behind-the-scene things that need to be done and arranged so that there won't be more problems in the future. Until the guys in charge comments back, though, don't speculate and point blame squarely at them. HIPComix did not start off smoothly either. It runs well and fine NOW, but it had a bumpy start with its billing services too. Taking the time to fix these issues now, rather than rushing through it, will make sure customers will be satisfied in the long-run. I imagine VISA will be an accepted form of payment (it's why I myself use), but the necessary paperwork needs to be done and structure set up to accommodate owners of specific cards. It'll take time, but it should be worth the wait.

4. If anybody SERIOUSLY is feeling like they are not getting their money's worth or is dissatisfied with the content we have or service we provide, feel free to personally message me and I'll do what I can to try and either meet your needs or offer alternatives, such as personal request comics or images. I'll do what I can to make sure everyone here's happy, but I'm just one guy (and a busy one at that). Still, I again ask for patience. Things are not quite at 100% here at this site and we're working on this, I guarantee it. Until I learn more though, I ask that you bear with these issues just a tad bit longer.

-Akonkid
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby Doctor Robo » September 18th, 2009, 8:59 pm

leto17 wrote:Hello.

I have been informed that Visa should be offered. However, they do independent content checking, which takes 7 to 21 days. Because of this I have decided to edit out some of my prior message.

That is correct. We fully intend to offer Visa as an option for MCcomix subscriptions, but the company takes a bit longer than its competitors to get squared away. We will let you all know as soon as Visa has joined our stable of payment options.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. We thank you for your patience during these formative weeks of the new MCcomix.com site.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby madcap » September 18th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Akon, I think you guys are doing a great job with this site so far, and I would hazard to guess that if anybody seems impatient it's only because they're so eager to see what you guys have in store for us! :D
madcap

Postby c0ne2 » September 28th, 2009, 10:49 am

I have been unable to view Update. It asks me to log in, I do so, then it says I am not authorized to view the updates. I am a member, and I have been able to sign into the forums. Any ideas why I can't see the Update page? Anyone else have this problem?

I like what I have seen so far in mccomix. Mesmerella, Mesmerella, Mesmerella!
c0ne2

Postby Doctor Robo » September 28th, 2009, 7:28 pm

c0ne2 wrote:I have been unable to view Update. It asks me to log in, I do so, then it says I am not authorized to view the updates. I am a member, and I have been able to sign into the forums. Any ideas why I can't see the Update page? Anyone else have this problem?

I like what I have seen so far in mccomix. Mesmerella, Mesmerella, Mesmerella!

Hi Cone. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Please email Jpeger at admin@hipcomix.com and explain exactly what is happening, and he'll take a look and see if he can fix the problem.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby c0ne2 » September 28th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Oops, I was not entirely clear.

I can view the updates. (Hence the cheers for Mesmerella.) I get on the member pages just fine.

What I cannot get on is the page that lists the updates. Just that one page.

I can send an email about this, but I wanted to let you know that I can get to all the free and member content.
c0ne2

Postby Doctor Robo » September 29th, 2009, 7:51 pm

c0ne2 wrote:Oops, I was not entirely clear.

I can view the updates. (Hence the cheers for Mesmerella.) I get on the member pages just fine.

What I cannot get on is the page that lists the updates. Just that one page.

I can send an email about this, but I wanted to let you know that I can get to all the free and member content.

Ah. I understand now, and I think I fixed it. Can you take a look and let me know?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby c0ne2 » September 29th, 2009, 10:59 pm

I can see the Update page fine now.
c0ne2

Postby lordsomno » October 20th, 2009, 3:22 pm

I have been unable to access the member page for several days now. It rejects my previously good user name and password. Please help! I had hoped this would not happen when I paid for a whole year membership. LordSomno (cmodzins@hotmail.com)
lordsomno

Previous

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers