Welcome to MCcomix.com!

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Welcome to MCcomix.com!

Postby Doctor Robo » September 9th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Hey folks - welcome to our new site! For the next few days we are offering a tour of the new MCcomix.com FREE OF CHARGE! So come on in, look around, and tell us what you like and dislike about MCcomix while we work out any kinks and make sure everything is running smoothly. This free trial offer won't last forever, so get clicking today and thanks for stopping by!
Doctor Robo

Re: Welcome to MCcomix.com!

Postby Dixon » September 10th, 2009, 6:23 am

Hi Doctor R,

Congratulations on the new site. It looks really slick. And Belinda's back, for christ's sake! I may have to scrape together ten bucks for a membership.

-Dixon
Dixon

Postby madcap » September 10th, 2009, 8:42 pm

It's about time something like this came along. I've been a longtime fan of Hipcomix, and while some of the peril stories did interest me, I found myself relatively uninterested in a lot of the stories, waiting eagerly for the next MC-related update (and it was always too long a wait).

And now there's a whole site on which all the stories are likely to appeal to me...I'm very stoked about this site, and wish you the greatest of success with it!
madcap

I want to give you my money! But I can't join.

Postby c0ne2 » September 15th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I have tried the Join link, but when I get to Join Now, and then I see the buttons for credit card, phone, etc., and I click any of those, I get Account Inactive. No way for me to sign up and hand over my cash.

Am I doing something wrong? I would like to be a member. (I am a member of HipComix.)

Any advice on how I can give you MONEY,a nd then I can be a member? Thanks.
c0ne2

Re: I want to give you my money! But I can't join.

Postby Doctor Robo » September 15th, 2009, 9:24 pm

c0ne2 wrote:I have tried the Join link, but when I get to Join Now, and then I see the buttons for credit card, phone, etc., and I click any of those, I get Account Inactive. No way for me to sign up and hand over my cash.

Am I doing something wrong? I would like to be a member. (I am a member of HipComix.)

Any advice on how I can give you MONEY,a nd then I can be a member? Thanks.

You aren't doing anything wrong. We are patiently waiting for the billing company to do their magic so the site can go fully live. Hopefully it won't take more than a day or two. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Doctor Robo

Postby c0ne2 » September 15th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Thanks. I think I can hold out. I think I can, I think I can...

P.S. I posted in HipComix, and sent an email. But I got my answer here. I'll keep an eye out.
c0ne2

Postby keithjg » September 16th, 2009, 10:58 pm

I try to view the member content and it asks for a user name and password. I can't buy a membership yet, but I can't view the free content. WHat is up with that?
keithjg

Postby ml6941870 » September 17th, 2009, 10:06 am

Is there any reason why they won't accept Visa?

Also, they declined my bank account when I know it has enough money. Thanks.
ml6941870

Postby Akonkid » September 17th, 2009, 7:56 pm

MC Comix is setting up their billing service, from what I hear, so the main member's gallery won't be accessible for a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience, but everything should be up and running smoothly soon.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby madcap » September 17th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Yeah, the not accepting Visa is kind of a pain, as I only have Visa cards and I would much rather pay with a credit card. Do you know if Visas will eventually be usable?
madcap

Postby Akonkid » September 17th, 2009, 9:21 pm

I don't see why they wouldn't. It's pretty much a standard. Just wait a tad longer and your patience will be rewarded.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby madcap » September 17th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Well, I signed up with my bank account for now, but I'd like to switch it over to my Visa on the long term.
madcap

Postby ml6941870 » September 18th, 2009, 2:51 am

Thanks for the information. Waiting is no problem for me. I was just worried that this would be a case where I wouldn't be able to sign up when you guys thought the system was already working fine. If, on the other hand, the system just takes some time to adjust, that's not a problem.
ml6941870

Postby MacroLass » September 18th, 2009, 9:45 am

Unfortunately it looks like in these hard economic times it's either gonna be this site or HipComix...and this one looks like it's going to win out. How do I shut off an account with CCBill?
MacroLass

Credit cards taken?

Postby bluemax2 » September 18th, 2009, 12:02 pm

Doc:
It seems they only take Discover, Mastercard and something else I haven't seen. Why?
I used Visa for Hipcomix why the difference here?
Any other avenues to subscribe? Paypal? Amex?

thanks

bluemax
bluemax2

Next

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers