Word of support

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Word of support

Postby tomcat » April 5th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Hey, every amazing artist here. First I apologize for I couldn't think of better place to post this, though the main thought is, of course, a request for this site to keep going. So there :/
I decided to write (and it's quite a rare occasion) because I sense.. you know... kind of.. disturbance in the Force. There were tight spots before. And will be... And the lost fights are the ones worth fighting through, after all. Blah...
I just wanted to send a word of support. Not that you can buy a bread for it, or so. I am sad I only can offer one subscription (well, two... anyway...) With the reflux of subscribers there is understandable deceleration of... everything. I suspect it has something to do with money. (ok, no good time for money jokes..) Life of an author was much easier in times when to copy the book took ten years of cloistral life. sigh...
I wish there were enough of reasonable people to keep you established without everyday concenrns. I wish I had enough money to simply give you a year-worth income and say 'Here. And now just sit and write/draw/render/whatever to your heart's content'. Well, I don't. So I just twaddle. I wish I could do that for living.

Nevermind. Like I said, I just wanted to express some level of gratitude and appreciation. I love this site (and her sisters - yeah there are countries where it is not condemnable. XD)

You are doing amazing job for just so few of us.
I wish You nerve of steel and steady paychecks. And I wish this world to finally dig itself out of shit, but that's a fool's wish...

Tom
tomcat

Re: Word of support

Postby Doctor Robo » April 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Tomcat. Sure, the economy has forced everyone to tighten their belts a bit over the past couple of years, and discretionary spending on something such as an HIPcomix or MCcomix subscription might not make the final cut. But, we're doing the best we can to press on, and we appreciate all the support we continue to receive from our loyal members and fans. We couldn't do it without you, and not a day goes by where we don't remember that.

Thanks again, and feel free to drop us a line anytime.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby tomcat » August 30th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Using my old not-so-much-of-a-request thread. to make another MC unrelated notion.

Could somebody please kill all the spambots? Let's sweep the internets, people...

*lays beartraps* :evil:

>.<
tomcat

Postby mctek » August 30th, 2011, 2:55 pm

working on it :P they like to show up when i'm not around :P we'll try our best to stay on top of the problem.

MCtek~
mctek

Postby tomcat » August 30th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Hehe, thanks. :)
It's bad enough there isn't too many people discussing the proper um... discussions... >.< (Sometimes I get the feeling there are like four members here, save the mods..) and when there is a movement at last, it's some annoying... something.
Also, I know these posts usually get what they deserve in few hours, so I hope I didn't look blatant or inappreciative.

*carefully winds up some doorwise crossbow's tripwire*
tomcat

Postby mns_95125 » August 30th, 2011, 6:23 pm

I know that we have to register with the forum in order to post. Is it technically feasible to tie the forum accounts to the paid membership account database somehow so that only paid members would be able to post to the bulk of the forums? Or to tighten up the process of registering for the forums to make it harder for the spambots to register?
mns_95125

Postby Doctor Robo » August 30th, 2011, 8:44 pm

mns_95125 wrote:I know that we have to register with the forum in order to post. Is it technically feasible to tie the forum accounts to the paid membership account database somehow so that only paid members would be able to post to the bulk of the forums? Or to tighten up the process of registering for the forums to make it harder for the spambots to register?

Hi all. I'm sorry about the spammers, but I'm not sure what we can do about them without restricting forum membership too much. I don't think we want to limit forum activity to just paid members, because that isn't likely to foster any feeling of openness or help us to entice new members. All I can say is that we do our best to eliminate the spam as soon as we see it, and hopefully someday we can come up with a better system for dealing with these unwanted intruders.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » September 3rd, 2011, 5:10 pm

Hi there Tomcat!

First, I think you're a real cool guy posting a message supporting this site. I would like to think a guy like me is cool, but I didn't have the idea to post a message like this, so I recognize you're cooler than me!

And about those irritating post, they sure get on my nerves, but the forum administration delete them fast. I think in even hours, they are gone. I congratulate the administration for this

Hector2
Hector2

Postby tomcat » September 4th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Yes, exactly. I didn't want to look ungrateful. They are doing a great job, here. Just that one can get a bit disappointed when he is notified of six new posts and all of them end up to be a spam. :/
It is unavoidable, though and I saw forums much worsely infested that this one so there... humm...

And yes, ain't I a cool person, no? XD
No, really, I wrote that in a time when stories of resident artist started to appear vastly around the warez sites and autors here seemed really down by spirit (understandably). Words like 'hiatus', 'short break' and 'more space to breathe' started to leak out from everywhere and I think I kind of panicked. I really love this place. And I needed to let them know :D
tomcat

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers