Nothing before the 26th???

Any new non-update information about MCcomix.com will be posted here. Do you have a question about the operation of MCcomix.com? This is where to go for answers.

Nothing before the 26th???

Postby bluemax2 » November 21st, 2012, 10:51 am

Doc, et. al.:
Nothing before the 26th? Really?
What about Northern's latest or Uzobono's next chapters?

By the way what is Akonkid up to. We do miss him.

Is everyone taking the next week off?

Lastly, when will the website come back to normal and all the missing files get restored?

Thank you all. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Re: Nothing before the 26th???

Postby Peleus » November 21st, 2012, 9:32 pm

Yeah it has been almost a month now that 1/2 the stories on the site went down.

Not sure how cool it is that the stories haven't been restored but at the same time they launched a 3rd site.

If all the stuff isn't back up by the time my sub ends i won't be back.
Peleus

Postby Trishbot » November 22nd, 2012, 9:44 am

Hey guys! I told you a few weeks ago, we're getting stuff screened and reapproved, and we're still trying to make a shift to a new server. We ARE making progress on that.

The new site that opened is completely different content for a different sort of audience than the one here. It's also a site that's already been completely screened and approved by the new server client, so it managed to avoid the hassles the other sites are going through.

But, on that note, several issues HAVE been popping back up again. My own "A New Toy" series should've been re-approved and new issues of that are forthcoming.

It'll still be a few more weeks before we get EVERYTHING back up, but we're doing our best to keep the new content flowing and to steadily return the old material as well. Again, sorry for the inconvenience, and I'm hoping that new hot issues from myself and others can offset the temporary lack of older issues.
Trishbot

Postby digital_ten2 » November 24th, 2012, 6:50 pm

While I definitely appreciate that things are moving forward as quickly as possible on the administrative end, maybe you should consider shutting down new memberships until the site is back to it's normal self. Joined here recently and it's really hard to get up to speed on the series with so many issues missing. Based on what I see I think i'll probably be happy with the site when things are back to normal, but I'll probably cancel and wait a few months before I join back up again.
digital_ten2

Postby jrhcl2 » November 28th, 2012, 4:59 pm

It's been a few months sense the site started making it changes. I'm wondering will the site still be the same?! I mean the folders that were taken down, still haven't been re-posted. Even those the site has started posting again, the content is not the same, meaning the focus is still on mind control, but their is very little nudity and no sexual content. Is the site moving away from adult content and moving toward being more like a mainstream comic site?? Because it seems the site is doing the same thing it's sister site did!! I guess my question is?? I know mccomx will still focus on mind control stories, but will sexual content no longer be feature on this site??! Is mccomix going to be more like a mainstream comic site?? Be up front with us!! Don't let us keep holding on to the hope that the old folders will be re-posted, when hipcomix took down their folders after the site made it changes the folders never did reappear!! the site has never been the same!! Be honest with us if your not going to return to what the site once was!!
jrhcl2

Postby dumbtime » November 28th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Ok, ok... I can't hold back the truth any more. These people have a right to know.

There was an attempt to take over the website by a band of Radical Republican hackers. They gained control a few weeks before the election so they could turn the site into a propaganda machine against the President. But, since they couldn't figure out Jpeger's passcode to the main server, they started shutting down the galleries instead. When the election didn't turn out how they liked it, they kidnapped Jpeger and we've been trying to figure out how to tell you guys all along. Jpeger was forced to post his last post by his kidnappers in order to throw you off of what they did. As part of their demands to release Jpeger, we have to continue posting watered down panels in the galleries.

Sorry you had to hear it like this but, i just couldn't let you fine people be misled any longer. Trish was doing a fine job keeping it going but it just wasn't working. You guys were starting to figure it out.

One of the other stipulation for Jpeger's release was not speaking about it online. Well... sorry about that Jpeger. We'll do you good and figure out a way to make this site the best on the internet, if only we could figure out your password.
dumbtime

Postby jrhcl2 » November 28th, 2012, 8:19 pm

dumbtime wrote:Ok, ok... I can't hold back the truth any more. These people have a right to know.

There was an attempt to take over the website by a band of Radical Republican hackers. They gained control a few weeks before the election so they could turn the site into a propaganda machine against the President. But, since they couldn't figure out Jpeger's passcode to the main server, they started shutting down the galleries instead. When the election didn't turn out how they liked it, they kidnapped Jpeger and we've been trying to figure out how to tell you guys all along. Jpeger was forced to post his last post by his kidnappers in order to throw you off of what they did. As part of their demands to release Jpeger, we have to continue posting watered down panels in the galleries.

Sorry you had to hear it like this but, i just couldn't let you fine people be misled any longer. Trish was doing a fine job keeping it going but it just wasn't working. You guys were starting to figure it out.

One of the other stipulation for Jpeger's release was not speaking about it online. Well... sorry about that Jpeger. We'll do you good and figure out a way to make this site the best on the internet, if only we could figure out your password.

You know what dumbtime your a really funny guy!! I don't know why you always come back with a smart remark!! When you don't like what someone says!! This is the second time you have come back with a smart comment!! I'm a paying customer who just want to know what's happening with the site!! I don't see the problem with me asking questions or stating my concerns! I don't think your funny at all!! I would think as a paying customer i wouldn't be treated this way!! I haven't been rude or posting comments full of bad languages!! Here a question for you, how would you like for me to state my concerns or ask my questions?? I really would like to know?! Just so you approve!!
jrhcl2

Postby Northern Chill » November 28th, 2012, 8:27 pm

jrhcl2 wrote:
dumbtime wrote:Ok, ok... I can't hold back the truth any more. These people have a right to know.

You know what dumbtime your a really funny guy!! I don't know why you always come back with a smart remark!! When you don't like what someone says!! This is the second time you have come back with a smart comment!! I'm a paying customer who just want to know what's happening with the site!! I don't see the problem with me asking questions or stating my concern! I don't think your funny at all!! I would think as a paying customer i wouldn't be treated this way!! I haven't been rude or posting comments full of bad languages!! Here a question for you, how would like for me to state concerns or ask my questions?? I really would like to know?! Just so you approve!!

Jhrcl2, I apologize for what Dumbtime said...he was trying to inject a little humor into a situation that is a serious matter. Believe me when I say that the creative types are just as anxious, if not more so, for things to return to a state of normalcy for the available files here at the site. Updates are continuing as scheduled here at the site and when Jpeger gives us the signal, you'll see the new site unveiled he has indicated with all the bells and whistles he mentioned.

We value ALL members input here....people such as yourself are the reason we work to put out the best mc comics anywhere.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby dumbtime » November 28th, 2012, 9:07 pm

I don't apologize. If anyone should make fun of it, it's me. My galleries are down for now and I don't want them down. I have two updates worth of material that I can't post becasue I am waiting. So why can't I make fun of the situation. You guys are coming up with conspiracy theories, who made the rules that say I can't have at it.

That being said, there was no ill-will towards anyone in my comment, just the situation. If you want to take that for an apology of sorts, its yours.
dumbtime

Postby jrhcl2 » November 28th, 2012, 9:24 pm

dumbtime wrote:I don't apologize. If anyone should make fun of it, it's me. My galleries are down for now and I don't want them down. I have two updates worth of material that I can't post becasue I am waiting. So why can't I make fun of the situation. You guys are coming up with conspiracy theories, who made the rules that say I can't have at it.

That being said, there was no ill-will towards anyone in my comment, just the situation. If you want to take that for an apology of sorts, its yours.

I will apologize!! It was me misunderstanding your comments!! SORRY!!
jrhcl2

Postby dumbtime » November 28th, 2012, 9:31 pm

jrhcl2 wrote:
dumbtime wrote:I don't apologize. If anyone should make fun of it, it's me. My galleries are down for now and I don't want them down. I have two updates worth of material that I can't post becasue I am waiting. So why can't I make fun of the situation. You guys are coming up with conspiracy theories, who made the rules that say I can't have at it.

I will apologize!! It was me misunderstanding your comments!! SORRY!!

No problem. I get the misunderstood thing alot. :)
dumbtime

Postby jrhcl2 » December 1st, 2012, 7:18 pm

I noticed today that some of the missing folders are re-posted, Mctek and Mr. Cryptic! What's the story with dumbtime and firstborn?? Seems you guys were true to your word, that MCcomix will not be watering down it's material!! MCcomix will still remain the BEST superheroines site on the internet!!! :D BAR NONE!!
jrhcl2

Postby NoneNeeded » December 1st, 2012, 8:17 pm

Not to completely excuse the bad situation there is at the moment but I would like to point out that despite the upgrade issues, you guys did manage to put out 13-14 issues(depending on when you count the two stage release of Night Moved #5) in the month of November. That matches October's 13 and is not that far behind the 16,18 and 16 from Sept, Aug and July respectively. This is based purely on the dates listed with the cover art since many of the titles do not seem to be available at the moment.

I am also not too concerned about the upcoming release gap(next listed date is the 13th, slow breaths, slow breaths) since there have been a lot of last minute additions to the release schedule where it looked like a week would be almost empty and we ended up with new issues. That and the new anti-anxiety meds they have me on since the the commie saboteur, foreign born impostor was put back in the White House by the Soros-backed conspiracy. ( I get a conspiracy theory too don't I? ILLUMINATI!)

I am a bit worried about the term "re-approved". Makes it sound like not everything may make it back. I am probably reading way too much into that.
NoneNeeded

Postby dumbtime » December 1st, 2012, 8:36 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:... I am probably reading way too much into that.

You are. :P
dumbtime

Postby NoneNeeded » December 5th, 2012, 1:01 pm

dumbtime wrote:
NoneNeeded wrote:... I am probably reading way too much into that.

You are. :P

You must think I am paranoid. You all do. I know it. Sitting out there, IM'ing one another about that nut job, NoneNeeded. Don't deny it. You're all in on it. ;)

But I do see a couple updates trickling into 'Coming Attractions' for the next week. Like I said, no worries.
NoneNeeded

Return to MCcomix Questions and Answers