Art Direction

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Art Direction

Postby mctek » March 3rd, 2011, 12:14 am

Hey gang, MCtek here.

Like to take this time to let everyone one know what's going on. Starting with the issue I will be making my move into poser art for many reasons. The change has been something i've been thinking on and ultimately decided to work toward. While 2D is my first calling in terms of art, it is also the hardest to work with when doing a monthly to bi weekly sch, of which while I've been in denial of, was in fact leading to a burnout. My work load consisted of doing the work of four people: pencils, inks, colors, and lettering. Then add Co writer to Resort with Fin and Co writer with Northern Chill and Trishbot. I was up to my neck in overload and didn't want to admit to it. The change lowers the workload, by not having to revise pages several times, remembering placement of things, and losing a day or two of sleep(Thou i think Fin beats me in lost of sleep.) The change will effect all current and future comics, with the last issue of Sword and Shield still being discussed. I apologize for the sudden and jarring change in art style and direction, while the change is major, it will get better and some ideas i had that didn't work well in 2D will work a lot better in 3D, the art is a very good start I think, thou I'll work to get it better from here on out, my fellow artists were amazed at how fast I picked this up too. If you have any questions or comments, just let me know, and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

MCtek~
mctek

Re: Art Direction

Postby hopelessbttrying » November 12th, 2012, 1:04 pm

just wondering what programs do you use in your art Daz, Poser, Vue?
Have those but cannot get the faces down in Poser any ideas?
hopelessbttrying

Re: Art Direction

Postby mctek » November 14th, 2012, 8:23 am

hey man, sorry to get back to ya later.

I mostly use Poser Pro 2010 for all my render work with Photoshop to do the post work. Making faces takes a bit to do, you would need morph++ to do some adjusting, there are also morph kits that could help expand on what morph++ can do.

Tek~
mctek

Return to MCtek