New Guard: The Naughty Nurses Saga

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: New Guard: The Naughty Nurses Saga

Postby Northern Chill » February 13th, 2012, 11:14 pm

- The Redback, if the Wiki article is accurate, isn't as bad as its "cousin" -the black widow...but several things stood out for me when reading it:

1) The image of a female Redback lifting up a lizard by its web for lunch.
2) The fact that the female spider is one of the earth's species that practices sexual cannibalism (it eats its smaller male mate during mating 2/3 of the time)

So, I figured...Aussie, strong and a sexual dark side...and cool colors means a cool character, I hoped (no, there won't be any cannibals here...I'll leave that to Marvel Zombies stuff).

- When my creative juices start going again, I hope to get a project finished that will help fill in the background for some of the New Guard and others...

- Mind Changer indeed thinks he's clever...and as much as he has powers to hold his own, his experience and intellect aid him as much if not more as judged by the way he took down the New Guard in a particular order.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » April 20th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Hello everybody...well, this is it...the final chapter of the Naughty Nurses saga debuts in the member's section here.

The long running scheme to enslave the heroines of New Guard in a phony hospital setup has been brought down and Mind Changer has been arrested for his role in the plot. However, the financial backer for the villain's plot remains at large and that's not something the New Guard heroines will leave unresolved. Will they succeed?...what do some of them plan to do as they resume their normal lives?...these and other questions are answered in the finale to this arc.

I'd like to thank my artist collaborator MCtek for all his phenomenal work in this arc...the transition that was made from 2D to 3D art is not something everybody can do but Tek pulled it off with great success.

I will also say that this will not be the last you read of the New Guard heroines. We have several stories in mind to be published at some point with some characters already showing up in other ongoing arcs as I type.

I hope the members have enjoyed this arc as much as I've enjoyed writing the script and dialogue for it.

Chapter 12 of New Guard: The Naughty Nurses saga can be found at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=38692

Enjoy!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby leto17 » April 21st, 2012, 3:46 pm

Hello. Thanks for the new stuff! I always loved your sexy nurses. And the silver fembot! Fantastic! Glad to seen her back! This Carlita character is interesting. I hope to see more of her. I look forward to the next series that continues the misadventures of the New Guard Gals!
leto17

Postby Northern Chill » April 22nd, 2012, 11:19 am

leto17 wrote:Hello. Thanks for the new stuff! I always loved your sexy nurses. And the silver fembot! Fantastic! Glad to seen her back! This Carlita character is interesting. I hope to see more of her. I look forward to the next series that continues the misadventures of the New Guard Gals!

Thanks leto!! Carlita won't be a female version of Max from Metrobay if what I have in mind turns out...though they share similarities, their differences will become more apparent with each appearance.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Mr. Cryptic » April 24th, 2012, 7:55 am

I waited until the series was finished, then read the whole thing.

I enjoyed it! I had heard about Contact, but hadn't seen her in action until now. Pretty cool! I really like Battle Maiden too! I guess there are at least three goddesses in the Metrobay Universe (Battle Maiden, Invincible Girl and Ishtar).

I also really liked the spider-themed heroine (I guess she is Toxaris?). Would love to see more of her in the future.

My only complaint is that I had trouble keeping track of which heroine was which, and would like to see more of them and get to know more about them.

Nice job!
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Northern Chill » April 24th, 2012, 9:53 am

Mr. Cryptic wrote:I waited until the series was finished, then read the whole thing.

I enjoyed it! I had heard about Contact, but hadn't seen her in action until now. Pretty cool! I really like Battle Maiden too! I guess there are at least three goddesses in the Metrobay Universe (Battle Maiden, Invincible Girl and Ishtar).

I also really liked the spider-themed heroine (I guess she is Toxaris?). Would love to see more of her in the future.

My only complaint is that I had trouble keeping track of which heroine was which, and would like to see more of them and get to know more about them.

Nice job!

The spider-themed heroine is Redback...Toxaris is the Greek archer heroine.

When I thought up this arc long ago, one sacrifice I knew I was going to have to make was focusing on some and leave development of others for future arcs. I won't reveal for certain who is appearing when but I do intend to flesh out the New Guard members more and have planted a few seeds here and there for these stories already.

Glad you enjoyed the story, Cryptic!!

Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » April 27th, 2012, 11:21 pm

HeyNorthernChill and McTek:

I have always suspected that I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but your comics always manage to left me feeling like that: I didn’t see coming a lot of very obvious things with Prized Displays, Teacher’s pet and Chain Reaction, so when I see that the man behind the man turned out to be a woman, I feel in the familiar place of the one who didn’t get anything of your story.

I was sure there was a guy with a ruby ring, not a gal with an emerald ring. By the way, I remember there was another dame with that ring. Obviously I didn’t get a lot of clues.

So, like Mr. Cryptic, I must go away and read issue by issue how I missed all the clues (again). I hope this time I get it.

And about leto17’s comment, I was never particularly attracted to the nurse uniform fetish… maybe because I have been hospitalized in my childhood.

But if you ever want to make superheroines into maids… well… ;)

I promise to do a better review later because this series is worth it!

PD: Yes Northern Chill, I really enjoyed the last number!
Hector2

Postby Northern Chill » May 3rd, 2012, 4:41 pm

Hector2 wrote:HeyNorthernChill and McTek:

I have always suspected that I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but your comics always manage to left me feeling like that: I didn’t see coming a lot of very obvious things with Prized Displays, Teacher’s pet and Chain Reaction, so when I see that the man behind the man turned out to be a woman, I feel in the familiar place of the one who didn’t get anything of your story.

I was sure there was a guy with a ruby ring, not a gal with an emerald ring. By the way, I remember there was another dame with that ring. Obviously I didn’t get a lot of clues.

So, like Mr. Cryptic, I must go away and read issue by issue how I missed all the clues (again). I hope this time I get it.

And about leto17’s comment, I was never particularly attracted to the nurse uniform fetish… maybe because I have been hospitalized in my childhood.

But if you ever want to make superheroines into maids… well… ;)

I promise to do a better review later because this series is worth it!

PD: Yes Northern Chill, I really enjoyed the last number!

Thanks Hector...I deliberately kept the true id of the criminal mastermind vague and such until the last. The rings?...they get explained in another arc.

One thing I like to do with a story is make it something you want to reread again at some point...I think this is the case with Nurses...hope it is...;)

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Marcath » October 16th, 2012, 8:39 am

I just finished reading the comic and really loved it :D

Are there any more pictures/comics with Prisma? She is so damn cute *G*
Marcath

Postby Northern Chill » October 16th, 2012, 10:08 am

Marcath wrote:I just finished reading the comic and really loved it :D

Hi Marcath,

Glad you enjoyed the story..Prisma is currently appearing in The Artiste Affair - written by me and art provided by MCTek. What role she'll play in that has yet to be unveiled completely.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Marcath » October 20th, 2012, 7:32 am

Northern Chill wrote:
Marcath wrote:I just finished reading the comic and really loved it :D

Hi Marcath,

Glad you enjoyed the story..Prisma is currently appearing in The Artiste Affair - written by me and art provided by MCTek. What role she'll play in that has yet to be unveiled completely.

Northern Chill

Thank you for this inforamtion. I will take a look at this story :)
Marcath

Previous

Return to MCtek