Island of Zombot

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with MCtek!

Re: Island of Zombot

Postby leto17 » November 14th, 2012, 11:40 am

Thanks for the great storyline so far. I'm really starting to sympathize with Tabby as a character.
leto17

Postby Tony » November 14th, 2012, 3:35 pm

mctek wrote:Thanks again for reading, my next and final update for the Island of Zombot storyline should be the day before thanksgiving, with luck it works out that way. Thanks again for reading and watch out for some teasers to my next story.

Tek~

Can you report the cover to chapter 13? You don't normally put the covers into the story folders and the one from the covers gallery is missing in action.
Tony

Postby Sumatra » November 14th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Amazing issue. Series plays homage to a lotta comics from way back. Awesome tie-in with Ick and Ilsa having Miranda as their child, ties things together perfectly.

Feel sorry for Kitten, seems like she's not going to come out of this as well as others, shame she was a central character too. Holding final crit until the final issue.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Hector2 » November 17th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Dear McTek:

Island of Zombots # 14 has done something that very few writers can accomplish… forget everything I have said about your writing, your attention to details, plots and whatever. The proof of a great writer is to make some character you hate into something cool.

If you have told me a week ago that Von Ick could be a sympathetic character, I would have not believed it before dying for mocking laughter. He certainly is not only a mad scientist, but judging for all his appearances before this comics, a true dick.

And then, we see the first page, an isle of zombots, composed by the clones of heroines, not raised as an army, but as sexual slaves? Von Ick is living my dream! Well, I wouldn’t think of conquering Australia and renaming like my personal isle, but that was my personal fantasy! My only regret is that this is the penultimate issue! Why you didn’t picture that before?

It could be justified because, being this a time travel story, it’s difficult to point out “when” is “before”. I was moved by the mention of Kelly’s still alive in next centuries (that would have been an effect from his powers?) and the cameo of Draven Ophidian, Time Command Unit’s director.

But when you truly excelled, were pages 4 through 7. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Von Ick was smiling? As in, a true smile? That reminded me of all those sixties tv shows when villains and heroes were having a good time chasing each other. Those scenes were so heartwarming, that I immediately bought Inspector Cross falling for Von Ick (any other approach to convince me of that would have failed) and even feel a little sorry for himself seeing what happened at page 9 (Busted!)

However, this explains why Miranda was trying so hard to redeem his father doing super heroic deeds. It is great to see this old cliché in a new light. I didn’t see that coming. That explains why she chose the name “Black Pussycat” and all those colors and cats… is not only a weird fixation, but an homage to the principal superheroine of this comic universe.

Tabitha’s new uniform looks amazing! She really looks cools in white.

The part where a villain regress Miranda / Pink Pussycat / Fluffy / Whoever she calls herself was amazing… I mean, that kind of things only happens to villains! And Von Ick’s reaction is disproportionate retribution at his best: Not only against the villain, but his planet?

The part where Ilsa reveals that all this was planned by her, and she was working with Von Ick as a willing slave, so he could take the blame if something goes wrong, is one of the most ruthless plots I have seen in comics. But even that doesn’t compare with Von Ick´s revelation at page 15, never a “Whaaaat???” was more deserved. The ending was great!

Well, to tell you that I enjoyed this issue, I hope that it’s obvious, but as always, I have some questions that I would like you to address, if you don’t mind:

Does this mean that Von Ick has a little planet in his hands at page 13? Really?
    What in heck is a Zero Hour? Homage to DC?
    I have asked this before, but is the ending homage to Watchmen 11? Could you elaborate?
    What was the true purpose of the Device you showed at issue 12 pages 11, a conscience transfer device? It could be used to transfer conscience and memories to other clones? Or robots? Is something like the personality exchanger? It works with conscienceless clones?
    Why Von Ick was so cruel, even by his standards, with Terra? I mean, sure, it was an unexpected development, but why the need to exile her into another universe?
    Could you talk us about your next project? Would it be outside of the Metrobay Universe?

Thanks for everything!
Hector2

Postby mctek » November 22nd, 2012, 3:55 pm

hey gang sorry for all the delays as of late, to make up for it. Myself, Uzobono and Northern Chill have agreed to double up on Monday so expect to see two comics on Monday. Thanks for waiting and have a happy thanksgiving for those who celebrate it, and a good day to those who don't.

Tek~
mctek

Postby mctek » November 24th, 2012, 10:30 am

Whoops fouled again! Slight in chance in schedule, in my attempt to cover as many details as i could i went over the 20 page count i normally do. So as a early X-mas gift to you guys, this weeks comic will be a 30 page comic. As a bonus next Saturday I will hold a After Island Q&A to talk about the story and any questions you have in mind. Northern Chill has awesomely agreed to help moderate the Q&A so that I get a chance to answer as many of your questions as I can fairly and properly. It'll be next Saturday, Dec.1 @ 7pm, central time. PM Chill with your YiM handle and we'll invite to the open Q&A. Give about 15 mins to let everyone in to the room as YiM will allow us too. Thanks again for reading our stories, hope to see ya all next weekend.

Tek~

P.S. For those who can't make it, PM your question to myself or Northern chill and I will answer it after the Q&A event.
mctek

Postby mctek » November 28th, 2012, 12:44 am

Hey gang!

Tis the end of Chain Reaction: Island of Zombot! I like to thank you all for reading and enjoying the story, your critiques and comments have been the best part of making this story. Hopefully I can contuine to make a comic you guys will enjoy down the line. Take the time now to thank again Doc and Fin for letting me play in their universe as well as the help of Northern Chill and Uzobono for their help during the process of making this comic. Be sure to check back soon for news of my new story and hope to see ya guys this weekend.

Tek~

Island of Zombot: FInal

The temporal reset button has been pushed, and what of the world? How will the world be now that Miranda's father has undone most of his actions in the present? Find out here and more only at MCComix.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=59361
mctek

Postby Tecknophyle » November 28th, 2012, 10:56 am

*grumble* stupid retcons have to make changes to the Chronology *grumble*

That aside, very good story. Just so I'm clear, these are the retcons in existing stories that have been made:

* Von Ick's island was recognized as a sovereign nation sometime in the past, and currently under the leadership of Queen Ilsa Cross;
* Miranda is believed to be (aside from herself, Ilsa Cross, von ick, and Omega Woman) von Ick's grandaughter by the public;
* Dawn was born in Ireland and is Miranda's bodyguard/lover;
* Clarissa Calico never existed;
* Terra Creed did not become Ring Mistress. The Ring Mistress who was involved in the events of The Resort Tales ("Ring Mistress II") has not been seen but is described as being African-American;
* Galatea and Enormica never entered into a relationship;
* The events of the Chain Reaction arc are no longer part of the history of the Metrobay universe (except as remembered by the characters listed);
* Green Guardian has become the trainer for the Superheroine Squad.

Questions:
Since Princess Miranda is believed to be his von Ick's granddaughter, is Cross thought to be von Ick's descendant by the public rather than his lover, or is she an older woman in the new timeline and Miranda believed to also be her granddaughter?
Who is Galatea's new squeeze?
Did the events of Sword and Shield take place at all, or was a similar event the work of the new Ring Mistress?
Tecknophyle

Postby Tony » November 28th, 2012, 2:52 pm

And one of the things to think of is that continuity is a good thing. The closer you can mesh the stories together, the stronger they all become. If this story is considered an outlier, or stories continuing this arc are, then you get a split that could split the audience enough that some might leave.

I can see that some planned stories might still be following the old story lines for a while. However, as a group, you need to help the continuity by deciding either to follow or abandon this time line change.

I, for one, with no characters as by "babies", enjoyed the shift. Though I'll enjoy it more if follow up stories start showing the effects of the changes and less and less future stories are set with the old reality.
Tony

Postby Champ » November 28th, 2012, 3:00 pm

*claps* A brilliant closing chapter. I enjoyed Chain Reaction so much! :)
Champ

Postby jrhcl2 » November 28th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Hello MCtek, Outstanding story!! This is one of the few times i ended up liking the villain and could understand why the villain was doing what he was doing!! Most of time it about money or feeding their large ego, usely leading them to take over a city or the World!! I'm pro-hero, anti-villain,i always dislike the villains and i always enjoy seeing them fall!! Unlike a lot of others i don't like it when the villain has the upper hand, Keeps their hold on a heroine or wins in anyway, i want the villains to pay for their crimes!! But i could live with this ending!! Great story!! The only thing that was missing for me was seeing what happen to Ishtar!! Me being a big fan of Ishtar.
jrhcl2

Postby Sumatra » November 28th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Fucking.Amazing.Series. Nuff said.

Loved the wrap up's. Wish it would have been longer, would have liked to see where Terra ended up exactly, seemed interesting. What's with her dialogue?

Way how a few select people know what's up is great. They can meet up sometime and talk about what happened.

Miranda as a princess was cool, happy ending for the "hero". Ending was a cliffhanger or not? Expect for Draven and Ick to duke it out sometime?

Aside few plotholes: Where was Ilsa? What happened to the clones? What was the time of the reset? What happened, didn't happen? Assuming everything up to Ring Mistress did? If so, what happens to existing characters?

Brilliant fucking story. Epic, tons of refs to pulp comics, Watchmen, Batman. Start to finish, McTek, just a fucking amazing job.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby mctek » November 28th, 2012, 11:34 pm

ok let me see if i can answer some of those questions. :D

Since Princess Miranda is believed to be his von Ick's granddaughter, is Cross thought to be von Ick's descendant by the public rather than his lover, or is she an older woman in the new timeline and Miranda believed to also be her granddaughter?

Most likely by the public, have to keep appearances and keep with the flow of time, I didn't mention like a dumbass, but after years of expose to Ick's Illirate exposure, She has acquired a more tamed version of the youthfulness that Ick, OW, MM and even Miranda(who's age probably stops at her 30's like MM) have.

Who is Galatea's new squeeze?

Her heroine name is Onikage, and she will be presented in a story done by my good friend and fellow co writer of the Tuckerverse, Zero, from over at LTBSA. That story will not be presented here thou, but i'll keep you guys posted later.

Did the events of Sword and Shield take place at all, or was a similar event the work of the new Ring Mistress?

All events that happen will now happen differently depending on the story and at the discreet of myself and fellow authors. But yes the new Ring Mistress did enact all events that happen before, abeit more differently then before. And with different motives and strengths.

Green Guardian is more a broad drill instructor, teaching anything from wilderness survival to fighting dirty to working as a team and solving problems as one. Plus it helps she has powers to deal with those that do have powers and can be dangerous at first. So new heroines come to Vesa first as she can survive accidental release of powers. And they can choose to wither stay with Vesa as their coach or move on to other instructors appoint by MM and the police.

Loved the wrap up's. Wish it would have been longer, would have liked to see where Terra ended up exactly, seemed interesting. What's with her dialogue?

:P Trust me when i say it probably didn't go well when she went thru the time stream itself unprotected, so she's alittle broken, happy, but alittle broken.

Brilliant fucking story. Epic, tons of refs to pulp comics, Watchmen, Batman. Start to finish, McTek, just a fucking amazing job.

There should be a movie ref in there too, free render to whoever solves it ^_^

Tek~
mctek

Postby Tecknophyle » November 29th, 2012, 2:25 am

mctek wrote:ok let me see if i can answer some of those questions. :D

Most likely by the public, have to keep appearances and keep with the flow of time, I didn't mention like a dumbass, but after years of expose to Ick's Illirate exposure, She has acquired a more tamed version of the youthfulness that Ick, OW, MM and even Miranda(who's age probably stops at her 30's like MM) have.

That's what I assumed. Having her play the grandmother would necessitate creating fictional parents.

All events that happen will now happen differently depending on the story and at the discreet of myself and fellow authors. But yes the new Ring Mistress did enact all events that happen before, abeit more differently then before. And with different motives and strengths.

That's an easy enough thing to happen since for most of the stories involving Ring Mistress who she is isn't as critical to the plot as what she does. It doesn't matter why someone using that name captured the assorted heroines (save one) and changed them, or the precise details of what she did for sexual fun and games after doing so, in her various stories in the larger universe.

The easy analogy, going to mainstream comics, would be something like someone retconning the person who became the Joker. It doesn't really change the basic stories regarding the Joker, because it doesn't matter if he was a failed comedian accidentally injured by Batman, or a already a psycho, or really how he got those scars. It's what the Joker does as the Joker that's important, and if the current Joker was eliminated in a time travel incident and replaced by someone else who still acted essentially like the Joker, it wouldn't affect the basic Batman-Joker dynamic. On the other hand, it wouldn't be as easy to retcon out Barbara Gordon as Batgirl and replace her without someone not related to Jim Gordon because that relationship is a large part of the character, and was critical to The Killing Joke which has had effects across the DC Universe for over a quarter Century.

(For the few who don't know, that story was the one where the Joker shot Barbara Gordon and caused her to end up in a wheelchair. He shot her because she was Gordon's daughter, but because she was a heroine, she was still inspired to become Oracle, and because she had been Batgirl, she already had contacts with the superhuman community. If Batgirl hadn't been Barbara Gordon, the Joker wouldn't have targeted her in order to attack Gordon. If Barbara hadn't been Batgirl, after being attacked she wouldn't have been in the position to become Oracle. You can't change Barbara/Batgirl retroactively without it having huge issues.)

Green Guardian is more a broad drill instructor, teaching anything from wilderness survival to fighting dirty to working as a team and solving problems as one. Plus it helps she has powers to deal with those that do have powers and can be dangerous at first. So new heroines come to Vesa first as she can survive accidental release of powers. And they can choose to wither stay with Vesa as their coach or move on to other instructors appoint by MM and the police.

Logical, and thought out. You wouldn't want to start teaching someone hand-to-hand combat if you aren't sure they won't blow up the building by accident first.
Tecknophyle

Postby mctek » November 29th, 2012, 9:22 am

whoops, sorry teckno misread that last bit, to avoid some issues, Ilsa is wouldn't have age that much thanks to Ick, So It would kind of hard to pass her off as her grandmother, So she would still be her mother both in public and behind doors. So the father is the only fictional one here. Since it's an island nation, it's assume Ick ran the island for some time before taking off for the future. I thinking Ick found ways of tricking the public to thinking there had been a line of male heirs since then. And Ilsa simply married the fictional father of Miranda...Yeah headache....no more time travel stories :P :P

Tek~
mctek

PreviousNext

Return to MCtek