Trishbot's "Hypnotica" series

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: Trishbot's "Hypnotica" series

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 15th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Really, really happy to get a new Hypnotica update! This is my favorite series in the HIP Comix family!

I was surprised to read here that this is the conclusion of the series, but clearly this story will be continuing on in other series in the future, so I'm very much looking forward to that!

Like others, I really liked TIna's subconscious manipulation of Kristen! I also still like the smart-alec battle droids!

Hypnotica is a really complex and engaging character! I don't know where she's going, but I want to find out! I really like Valiant Grrl, too. A strong, amazonian heroine being seduced and manipulated by two mind controllers is very hot!
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Northern Chill » October 16th, 2011, 3:13 pm

A really well done arc with great art from beginning to end. Not all the questions that were opened are answered at the end but that's the sign of a good writer.

Kudos to Fin and Trishbot on this fantastic collab!!

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Doctor Robo » November 3rd, 2011, 5:59 pm

Trishbot wrote:Thank you Doc Robo for giving me this opportunity to tell this story what seems like ages ago.

Your excellent storytelling and passion for these characters are thanks enough. Here's to many more tales as epic as this one!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » November 6th, 2011, 1:49 am

Congratulations Trish, this was a wild ride!

I thought that part 13 was the finale, but I think you wrapped the things very well in this part.

The pages I loved were 216, when we see how Hypnotica’s hearth is broken, followed by two awesome pages with all the Grrl Power squad. I think you played very well how confused Hypnotica must feel: the best and worst day of her life.

Also, I love to see her as an antiheroine, definitely what she did to Kristen was bad, and the fact that she referred to her as a prize is scaring enough: Now she has a frienemy in her own house.

I loved the part of the Unionized Robot (how can we blame them? Theyre working for Max!). Also, I have tought that Troublina is a spoiled little woman, but her letter to Max has redeemed her in my eyes.

However, I’m intrigued by the last page. Could you elaborate a little more why the clones are seeing like a menace in the Metrobay Universe? (also, this reminded me of a movie where people were frozen and awaken but without a soul, have you ever saw it?

Thanks for everything, your tale rocked!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » November 6th, 2011, 11:48 am

Hector2 wrote:Congratulations Trish, this was a wild ride!

I thought that part 13 was the finale, but I think you wrapped the things very well in this part.

The pages I loved were 216, when we see how Hypnotica’s heart is broken, followed by two awesome pages with all the Grrl Power squad. I think you played very well how confused Hypnotica must feel: the best and worst day of her life.

Also, I love to see her as an antiheroine, definitely what she did to Kristen was bad, and the fact that she referred to her as a prize is scaring enough: Now she has a frienemy in her own house.

I loved the part of the Unionized Robot (how can we blame them? Theyre working for Max!). Also, I have thought that Troublina is a spoiled little woman, but her letter to Max has redeemed her in my eyes.

However, I’m intrigued by the last page. Could you elaborate a little more why the clones are seeming like a menace in the Metrobay Universe? (also, this reminded me of a movie where people were frozen and awaken but without a soul, have you ever saw it?

Thanks for everything, your tale rocked!

Hector2

Glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah, Hypnotica may be a "hero", but she's a conflicted one, and one with a very dangerous power and very little experience or self-control. That's going to be with her for quite some time and affect a lot of people.

Don't take the last page lightly. In fact, keen readers might recognize the woman in the last page from another story I did (Body Image), which takes place after Hypnotica... expect there to be MAJOR repercussions and for this mystery woman to be involved in future events.... stay tuned!
Trishbot

Postby Hector2 » November 26th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Hey Trishbot!

I want to congratulate you for having so dedicated fans! I loved all the fan art they made for you, but my favorites were Black_wave, Lex, Broken_Teapot, P,Chronos and ChaosRevolver, there is something about his works (maybe they seem like cartoons or anime?) that appeals to me.

I didn’t realize that they were the same! So there is a terrible new menace lurking in the corners of Metrobay? I noticed the same from the last issue of Prized Displays, by MCtek. Could it be the same menace, or are two completely different characters / storylines?

Thanks for your (future) answers (I hope!)

Hector.
Hector2

Postby leto17 » September 16th, 2012, 12:05 pm

Just wanted to let you know I hope we see more of Hypnotica soon. In particular, I'm curious as to if clone 929-x, or the mysterybabe in panel 231 of hypnotica will make an appearance, possibly in the chrome virus series.

Just checking in :D
leto17

Postby Trishbot » September 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm

leto17 wrote:Just wanted to let you know I hope we see more of Hypnotica soon. In particular, I'm curious as to if clone 929-x, or the mysterybabe in panel 231 of hypnotica will make an appearance, possibly in the chrome virus series.

Just checking in :D

Hypnotica has been popping up recently at our sister site, Metrobay Comix, and will play a vital role in the story "Time Management" there. Apart from that, the mystery clone 929-x is DEFINITELY going to be showing up at some point. I was working on her design only a day ago. ;)
Trishbot

Previous

Return to Trishbot