MC Variety please

Got a great idea for a comic or pinup? Want to share it with our artists and writers? Write it up and post it here, and maybe someone will use it in a future MCcomix story!

MC Variety please

Postby NoneNeeded » June 21st, 2012, 2:36 pm

Not to sound like I am complaining(it isn't intended that way), but the MC aspect of most of the stories is starting to get repetitive. You even joke about it in one story. Everything seems to be Zombie-robot control. Maybe I am the odd man out but I enjoy the build up to submission at least as much as the wide-eyed obedience.

Maybe some villains could start using something other than an an instant enslavement. Seems like every time the Gals run into a mind control plot, they are instantly thralls. Why not have them run into someone who takes a little more time bringing them under control? Maybe a stage hypnotist catches one of them when a group has a night out and proceeds to build off of that. One Heroine gets dragged deeper and provides some advanced tech that then gets used on some others.

Or maybe a 'siren' who can only gradually change the direction of their thoughts. Step by step making one of them want to be her slave. Or just controlling the men around them to manipulate them into some other MC plot? Siren(as next door neighbor?) seduces/enslaves boyfriend then boyfriend slips Heroine a micky and proceeds to use regular hypnosis, plants trigger and deepens over and over( Several scenes shown over time moving to more and more control). Eventually, heroine ends up thinking Siren is best friend (with benefits?) and will do anything she asks.

The Love and Obey storyline was good this way but still turned all the women into little more than wind-up dolls. Some story where the villain slowly manipulates the emotions of the heroines might be fun. Pheromones, magic or some form of telepathy make him/her almost irresistible. Several of the girls get interested and fight a bit over him/her. One is picked and gradually enslaved. Then they pick off some others one by one with various methods(Example, Snowflake and Solaria squabble over him, He enslaves Snow and then she invites Sol for dinner with them to make up and he ensnares here too)

I really liked the idea of the GreenTooth device. Just wish it wasn't quite so overpowering. I would have preferred if it opened the mind and let the caller leave something like a post-hypnotic suggestion.

Any mind control where the eyes don't turn green would be a welcome change.

Not that I don't love what you've done. I could just love it more!
NoneNeeded

Re: MC Variety please

Postby sohta123 » June 21st, 2012, 8:28 pm

This is why I like corruption more than a blank slate. Actually I like them both in the same story, just one set of characters gets corrupted gradually till their moral compass is pointing at the south pole and they'd just love to enslave others.

I think there are some good representations of this on here though (McTek's current Island of Zombots shows a lengthy enslavement process on Ishtar for example, Doc's Forbidden Fantasy with Chrissy Tanner, Akonkid's Vanishing Act and Trishbot's Hypnotica, and Firstborn's Fallenstar as others).

But in a lot of stories the process is too quick. And that may be a limitation of the medium as there's only so much you can cram into a comic.
I also don't like to see the characters get free so easily many times. The villain goes through all this hard work (maybe several issues) setting up this elaborate trap and gets the characters and they break free in a panel or two. I enjoy the story more if only a subset of the characters get free and the others continue in service into other stories. And I really like it when a character is permanently enslaved from time-to-time; it makes the risk seem more genuine. If they always escape then after awhile it becomes like a 1950's TV show where everything's always resolved in 30-60 minutes and it all comes out hunky-dorey. That's not realistic. Failure helps my suspension of disbelief.

I also lean more towards the techno side rather than magic as technology seems more in line with what could really take place (scary thought).
sohta123

Postby dumbtime » June 22nd, 2012, 5:40 am

So, you guys must love my stories.

-Villian masterminds a brilliant plan
-springs a trap on an unsuspecting superheroine
-toys with them some to wear down there resolve
-implements the hypnotic process that takes time to apply
-enjoys their new super slut toy while they can or lets someone else enjoy them.
-makes a few heroines, permanent sluts.

Its cool that you guys like variety but, there is a wide variety of MC'ing styles happenning on this site. What you need to do is find out which one is more to your liking and cheer on your favorite.
If there isn't, request it more in the forums and maybe one will try out your style or a new artist will come along and produce that style.

There are two things going for an artist to produce work on this site - they have a story to tell and they want people to look at there stuff.
As a reader, if you're not getting satisfied by what you see, you have two options and a choice - work those two angles with the artist or make your own renders. If that doesn't do it for you then you have to find another site.
dumbtime

Postby Ghosthand » June 22nd, 2012, 10:50 am

I agree with Dumbtime, there are a lot of different styles going on here, you just need to find one you like. Although this is a pay site I'm sure these guys are not making a living off what they make here, if they make anything at all or it all goes to maintaining the site. You''ll find that most writers will write stuff that they find interesting and each writer will play up their particular fetish or fetishes.

If you have a particular story idea in mind find a writer who's style most fits your idea and send it to them. You never know, they might make it a comic. Or you could take the plunge and write the story yourself and see if you can get a artist to 'draw' it up.

As far as permanent changes to main characters, you don't find that too often. Most times it's more peril, they get into trouble and somehow, someway they get out of it. mostly because there is a lot that goes into making a main character. If you turn too many of them into mindless sluts, robots, villians, you'll run out of well thought out characters with in depth backgrounds. Every once in a while you'll have that happen, and it is quite enjoyable, but that is a rareity.
Ghosthand

Postby sohta123 » June 22nd, 2012, 12:00 pm

I enjoy most all of the stories on this sit (except ones that have set incomplete for months at a time).
As for permanent enslavement I don't think that the main characters should have that very often but at least some. Especially if the character has been developed about as far as they can go. But there's no reason throw away characters can't be permanently enslaved. Like Bambi that is max's chauffeur or something along those lines. Don't even know her backstory but it's still hot that she seems to be a permanent thrall.
sohta123

Postby Ghosthand » June 22nd, 2012, 3:19 pm

sohta123 wrote:I enjoy most all of the stories on this sit (except ones that have set incomplete for months at a time).
As for permanent enslavement I don't think that the main characters should have that very often but at least some. Especially if the character has been developed about as far as they can go. But there's no reason throw away characters can't be permanently enslaved. Like Bambi that is max's chauffeur or something along those lines. Don't even know her backstory but it's still hot that she seems to be a permanent thrall.

Your comment about throw away characters reminded me of a stoy idea I had a long time ago called "Disposable Heroes". It would have had two or three main characters and a host of rookies or dipsosable heroes. They would be like the red shirts from Star Trek. Every issue would have one or more of the rookies getting permanently messed up one way or another and it would be a running joke among the main characters as to how many they would be bringing back from missions. But, although I always have a ton of ideas I'm a terrible writer and have a hard time putting fingers to the keyboard so this along with many of my ideas never got off the ground.
Ghosthand

Postby NoneNeeded » June 24th, 2012, 7:40 pm

dumbtime wrote:So, you guys must love my stories.

-Villian masterminds a brilliant plan
-springs a trap on an unsuspecting superheroine
-toys with them some to wear down there resolve
-implements the hypnotic process that takes time to apply
-enjoys their new super slut toy while they can or lets someone else enjoy them.
-makes a few heroines, permanent sluts.

Its cool that you guys like variety but, there is a wide variety of MC'ing styles happenning on this site. What you need to do is find out which one is more to your liking and cheer on your favorite.
If there isn't, request it more in the forums and maybe one will try out your style or a new artist will come along and produce that style.

There are two things going for an artist to produce work on this site - they have a story to tell and they want people to look at there stuff.
As a reader, if you're not getting satisfied by what you see, you have two options and a choice - work those two angles with the artist or make your own renders. If that doesn't do it for you then you have to find another site.

Your right! You are possibly my favorite. Freedom Broad and Slave to a Nation is great.

Sadly, your stuff doesn't show up as often as I would like. And often feels like the story ends without finishing(What makes a Hero and Alien Invasion ). Is it wrong to hope that a bit of your 'style' would rub off on other story lines?

But I should comment more on the author/artist threads to encourage this. Maybe a storyline would not get cut if we showed more interest.
NoneNeeded

Postby msgrey » June 25th, 2012, 1:06 am

i so would love to see more variety as well! though i may get attached to heroines and be sad to see them permanently changed sometimes :( .

Chrome, Crissy work this idea really well, and authors such as uzobono have permanent mind control as well, its a nice balance between the sexy enslavement of heroines who eventually get freedom and those who dont.

I am interested in seeing more types of mc however, maybe not typical enslavement but corruption of a heroine, where she willingly serves her master or mistress?
msgrey

Postby Mr. Cryptic » June 25th, 2012, 11:31 am

Yes, Dumbtime's comics a re a very good example of what you are asking for, I think.

I'll also plug my own comics :)
Especially, American Goddess: Ring of Domination and Adventures of Ishtar #1-9.
http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33775
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Doctor Robo » June 25th, 2012, 12:15 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:Not to sound like I am complaining(it isn't intended that way), but the MC aspect of most of the stories is starting to get repetitive. You even joke about it in one story. Everything seems to be Zombie-robot control. Maybe I am the odd man out but I enjoy the build up to submission at least as much as the wide-eyed obedience.

Hi NoneNeeded. Thanks for the post. No need to apologize, your feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

I suppose some of the repetition is my fault. I am responsible for more of the monthly posts here at MCcomix than anyone else, and as such the storylines will naturally take on the flavor of my particular fantasy tastes. I have tried to bring aboard a staff of creators who don't necessarily share all of my views, like Drake, Battlestrength, or Donelio in the past and Mr. Cryptic, Northern Chill, or FirstBorn in the present. I think they have done a good job presenting a wide range of mind control styles, but we can certainly do a better job of it in the future.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » June 25th, 2012, 12:19 pm

msgrey wrote:i so would love to see more variety as well! though i may get attached to heroines and be sad to see them permanently changed sometimes :( .

Chrome, Crissy work this idea really well, and authors such as uzobono have permanent mind control as well, its a nice balance between the sexy enslavement of heroines who eventually get freedom and those who dont.

I am interested in seeing more types of mc however, maybe not typical enslavement but corruption of a heroine, where she willingly serves her master or mistress?

I'll be honest and say it isn't easy to balance the desire for permanent change with the realities of a shared and continually growing fictional universe. I know there has been discussion of this topic elsewhere, but often we have to press the reset button on a character in order to be able to use him or her in another story down the road. That doesn't mean we won't enact a long-term transformation now and then, but we also don't want to do it all the time or the transformations won't be special and memorable when they do happen.

As for an example of a willing enslavement and/or service to a master... have you seen my "The Bride" story with Blackout? :)

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby dumbtime » June 30th, 2012, 12:04 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:Sadly, your stuff doesn't show up as often as I would like. And often feels like the story ends without finishing(What makes a Hero and Alien Invasion ). Is it wrong to hope that a bit of your 'style' would rub off on other story lines?

But I should comment more on the author/artist threads to encourage this. Maybe a storyline would not get cut if we showed more interest.

Yeah, I agree that there should be more but, Its more of my real life situations that get more attention than the stories, not the interest level. Those two stories are prime examples of me trying to get more done than I can. I'll post in my thread soon what to look forward for all the running stories i still have up and a tentative schedule for the rest of the year after I talk more with MacroLass in the coming weeks.

BTW, those stories aren't done. :)
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » June 30th, 2012, 12:13 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:Is it wrong to hope that a bit of your 'style' would rub off on other story lines?

What I would like to see is the other artists/writers try doing styles of different artists/writers. i.e. - robotization or cloning done by a peeps like Tek or NChill, Bondage done by someone like Trishbot or Doc Robo. Fierce intense battles done by Fin or Cryptic and so on. I know they have their preferences just like I do but, it would awesome to see what comes from their perspectives.
dumbtime

Postby madcap » July 10th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:I'll be honest and say it isn't easy to balance the desire for permanent change with the realities of a shared and continually growing fictional universe. I know there has been discussion of this topic elsewhere, but often we have to press the reset button on a character in order to be able to use him or her in another story down the road. That doesn't mean we won't enact a long-term transformation now and then, but we also don't want to do it all the time or the transformations won't be special and memorable when they do happen.

As for an example of a willing enslavement and/or service to a master... have you seen my "The Bride" story with Blackout? :)

- Doc

I know that I've long been saying I wanted to see some permanent enslavements, and I totally get what you're saying about how you can't do that all the time, or often, but it's really nice to see that happen to one or two characters here and there...and you have no shortage of great characters so I think you can get away with it once in a while. REALLY love what you've done with turning Chrissy into Chrome. I know it may not last "forever", but it's effectively permanent for the time being, and I'm loving it while it lasts. Never get tired of seeing her pop up in a story, even if she's just in the background!
madcap

Postby NoneNeeded » September 19th, 2012, 3:59 pm

I should mention that just as this discussion finished up, 'Master of His Domain' appeared as if to answer my request.

Talk about service!
NoneNeeded

Return to Requests