Grime City Stories - The Doll's New Clothes

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Grime City Stories - The Doll's New Clothes

Postby Doctor Robo » April 10th, 2011, 9:43 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Grime City Stories: The Doll’s New Clothes” - chapter one!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=22784

LISA, the sentient android clone of Ms. Metrobay, thinks that her ‘twin’ needs a sexy new wardrobe. So, she goes to see the most skilled seamstress in town, who just happens to be one of the legendary heroine’s oldest friends. But what if Trudy doesn’t buy LISA’s dubious story? Will the living doll force Trudy to see things her way? Find out in chapter one of “The Doll’s New Clothes”, available only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Re: Grime City Stories - The Doll's New Clothes

Postby Doctor Robo » April 17th, 2011, 12:33 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Grime City Stories: The Doll’s New Clothes” chapter two!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=23066

When we last left off, Lisa had used her own special powers of ‘persuasion’ to convince Trudy to create a sexy new robot costume… something Lisa thinks Ted will REALLY appreciate. When Trudy shows off the shiny threads, the sparks immediately start to fly – too bad Trudy can’t turn back the hands of time to truly enjoy it. Or can she…?

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » April 19th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Dear Doctor Robo, this review refers to Issue 1:

Bwa ha ha ha! Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Where do the heroes get those wonderful toys and uniforms? Why, they get a seamstress to make them! Of course! Do some scientist neurologist have the time to sew? Certainly not, much better to pay for them. The point is, how Trudy managed to get those uniforms right? They fit perfectly!

Lisa’s capacity of imitating Kelly’s voice come in handy. As a matter of fact, as a robot, Lisa could have the capacity to imitate anyone’s voice. That and the glowing green net - he he he - makes her ideal for espionage.

Trudy and her spectacles are good as a way to let LISA get into her room. And by page 11, does Lisa has any “decorum” program included? Because she is acting like any… er normal robot… in fiction. The point is, robot are not humans and they would not have sense of decorum except if they are programmed with it.

The part of Ms. Metrobay breast and their enlargement for the energy absortion powers she posess is brilliant too, after all, the same process is done with the Hulk pants, isn’t it?

Well, this is an interesting twist, please keep up the good work!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » April 20th, 2011, 11:49 am

This may seem very odd, but I wasn't much of a fan of Trudy back in Original Sin. Maybe it's because she was surrounded by saucy sex pets like Valiant Woman, Omega Woman, Ms. Metrobay, and even a surprisingly sexy Kikka, but she just didn't do much for me.

Well, she certainly has in this story. I'm surprised to see her still so youthful and "needy" after all these years, and she's lovelier than I recall following her little "youth" elixir. Her eyes as she beckons Lisa to bed are just so very... hungry.

I certainly hope we see more of her. Again, she never did anything for me in Original Sin, but Doll's New Clothes has outright changed my mind about her.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby Doctor Robo » April 20th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Doctor Robo, this review refers to Issue 1:

Bwa ha ha ha! Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Where do the heroes get those wonderful toys and uniforms? Why, they get a seamstress to make them! Of course! Do some scientist neurologist have the time to sew? Certainly not, much better to pay for them. The point is, how Trudy managed to get those uniforms right? They fit perfectly!

Lisa’s capacity of imitating Kelly’s voice come in handy. As a matter of fact, as a robot, Lisa could have the capacity to imitate anyone’s voice. That and the glowing green net - he he he - makes her ideal for espionage.

Trudy and her spectacles are good as a way to let LISA get into her room. And by page 11, does Lisa has any “decorum” program included? Because she is acting like any… er normal robot… in fiction. The point is, robot are not humans and they would not have sense of decorum except if they are programmed with it.

The part of Ms. Metrobay breast and their enlargement for the energy absortion powers she posess is brilliant too, after all, the same process is done with the Hulk pants, isn’t it?

Well, this is an interesting twist, please keep up the good work!

Hector2

Thanks, Hector! Finister and I have worked to give Lisa a more thorough personality and backstory, separating her from other robotic characters like Mona or Mechana. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying our efforts.

We actually came up with the idea for a 'seamstress to the superheroines' well before Trudy ever existed, but figured she could fit into that role as she enjoyed her golden years as a retired crimefighter.

And yes, you have a good eye! Perhaps someday we'll explore the idea that Ms. Metrobay's breasts grow when she absorbs massive amounts of energy. We haven't really shown it very much, but maybe someday...

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » April 20th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Akonkid wrote:This may seem very odd, but I wasn't much of a fan of Trudy back in Original Sin. Maybe it's because she was surrounded by saucy sex pets like Valiant Woman, Omega Woman, Ms. Metrobay, and even a surprisingly sexy Kikka, but she just didn't do much for me.

Well, she certainly has in this story. I'm surprised to see her still so youthful and "needy" after all these years, and she's lovelier than I recall following her little "youth" elixir. Her eyes as she beckons Lisa to bed are just so very... hungry.

I certainly hope we see more of her. Again, she never did anything for me in Original Sin, but Doll's New Clothes has outright changed my mind about her.

I don't think it's odd at all. Over time we get more a chance to develop these characters, and you get to see sides of them that weren't really fleshed out (no pun intended) when they debuted.

I have a strong feeling you'll be seeing more of Trudy down the road. In fact, MC Tek has an idea for a story involving her that sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the kind words!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » April 21st, 2011, 10:52 pm

Hi there Dr. Robo, this is a comment for issue 2:

Fantastic! I have read Akonkid opinion about Lisa and I have to agree, she has a lot of potential on his quest to fulfill "Master Ted" dark desires.

The part that I loved about Akonkid opinion was that Lisa was changing the status quo practically without wanting to do it. A part of the narrator's dialog said that Lisa was built to fulfill sexual fantasies... something much more difficult than just have sex!

You see, have you ever read I robot, from Asimov? Humans built robots, robots serve humans, humans don't know what they want half of the time, and the other half are trying to destroy themselves. The robot take subtle control of humanity to ensure their supervivence.

But the best part is that Lisa attitude - I am a robot, I live to serve - reminds me of a movie, Gosford Park. The whole point of the movie is delivered by the maid of the mansion: "The duty of a servant is give her master what they want. A truly good servant is capable of know what his master wants event before the master knows it, and so get if for him". That's so true, and the whole implications of that phrase, in that movie, have - more or less - the same sinister connotations of Lisa investigating - and discovering - exactly what are the fantasies that her master (and various human beings) have.

And then, we have the strange power of rejuvenation. Maybe an effect of being made after the template of a seemingly inmortal, eternally young woman? As a robot, Lisa doesn't seem to mind, and Trudy forgets everything after the act, so maybe this new power could be explored later?

Thanks for your work

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » April 24th, 2011, 9:59 am

Hector2 wrote:But the best part is that Lisa attitude - I am a robot, I live to serve - reminds me of a movie, Gosford Park. The whole point of the movie is delivered by the maid of the mansion: "The duty of a servant is give her master what they want. A truly good servant is capable of know what his master wants event before the master knows it, and so get if for him". That's so true, and the whole implications of that phrase, in that movie, have - more or less - the same sinister connotations of Lisa investigating - and discovering - exactly what are the fantasies that her master (and various human beings) have.

And then, we have the strange power of rejuvenation. Maybe an effect of being made after the template of a seemingly inmortal, eternally young woman? As a robot, Lisa doesn't seem to mind, and Trudy forgets everything after the act, so maybe this new power could be explored later?

Hi Hector 2. Thanks again for the comments! I have not seen "Gosford Park", but your description fits Lisa's mentality perfectly. She was built and programmed to serve her master (whoever that may be), and that's all she knows. She served Gilbert very simply, through obeying his simple orders. She served Dairy King by helping him carry out his various villainous schemes. Now that she is left alone more often, and forced to fend for herself, she has essentially decided that helping Ted realize his fantasies is the best way to serve him. In a way it can be seen as an evolution of her character, as Akonkid pointed out elsewhere. She is starting to learn to think for herself, but every thought is still aimed at being the best servant she can be.

As for the rejuvenation subplot, it was something I threw in there basically to have a potential story idea to work with down the road. My feeling is that Lisa's special milk only has that effect on older characters like Trudy, because women in their prime don't need it. They are already young, healthy, and vibrant. We may see it pop up again someday, perhaps not. But, I'm glad you liked it!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » April 24th, 2011, 10:00 am

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Grime City Stories: The Doll’s New Clothes” chapter three!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=23066

Over the last two issues Lisa has made it her mission to obtain a new ‘robot’ costume for Ms. Metrobay to wear for her secret master, Ted Twiss. So what happens when ol’ Ted gets an eyeful of the most beautiful woman in Metrobay, all dolled up like the (robo)girl of his dreams? Find out in the third and final chapter of “The Doll’s New Clothes”, available only at MCcomix.com!

Doctor Robo

Postby steverogers5 » April 25th, 2011, 1:36 am

Heh! I suppose given his origins in TWISTed Tales, this was a logical story development! :roll: ;)

Great stuff! Was very intriguied by the comment about 'transfer requests.' Seemed like an acknowledgement of some of the events in other stories. :)
steverogers5

Postby Doctor Robo » May 1st, 2011, 10:59 am

steverogers5 wrote:Heh! I suppose given his origins in TWISTed Tales, this was a logical story development! :roll: ;)

Great stuff! Was very intriguied by the comment about 'transfer requests.' Seemed like an acknowledgement of some of the events in other stories. :)

Yeah, we try to keep our storylines connected, throwing in little bits and pieces here and there for all you continuity buffs out there. Glad you noticed!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » May 10th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Hi Doctor Robo!

The thing I loved in this issue was the fetish old Ted has for shiny metallic clothes: Maybe he could resist Ms. Metrobay body, but dressed like that, he has no chance: "This is between consenting adults", indeed Ted, but the irony is that Ted himself is the guy who is taken advantage of by a gal some century older than him.

Ah, but all was a wet day dream... or is it? I can't believe it, but Ted is really smarter than he seems! And Ms. Metrobay did not take this reject with all the coolness expected for a robot... the last panel was strange. Lisa only thinks of this as a minor setback, while Ms. Metrobay is not sure of herself anymore.

Just one thing, Doesn't seem to you, in the last panel, that Ms. Metrobay boobs are even bigger than Lisa's? Don't they need to look equals, given that Lisa was constructed like Kelly?

Thanks for your work!

Hector
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » May 11th, 2011, 11:52 am

Hector2 wrote:Just one thing, Doesn't seem to you, in the last panel, that Ms. Metrobay boobs are even bigger than Lisa's? Don't they need to look equals, given that Lisa was constructed like Kelly?

There's a rumor that Ms. Metrobay's breasts expand and contract depending on how recently she has used her energy absorption powers, and how much energy she has absorbed. She must have had a busy day fighting crime before LISA came calling!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Return to Doctor Robo