More of a question for Dr Robo, than a request..

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

More of a question for Dr Robo, than a request..

Postby steverogers5 » December 19th, 2010, 5:10 am

Hello Dr Robo,

Now that I've broke my silence here, (I used to just read & vote :roll: ) I had a question that I wanted to ask you about the link between a couple of stories.

The Mad Science Special with Ms Metrobay from a while back, what I was just going to ask you is I remember the Mayor giving her tickets to the flight in Tasty Treats, but I couldn't for the life of me recall how Lambada got their hands on her. And I was worried that maybe I'd missed reading an issue somewhere, where maybe Ms Metrobay got taken down by their forces on the flight.

In my head I'd imagined that she just got drugged/gassed on the flight, and if it's that type of narrative jump, where it's left to the reader to come up with their own imagined happenings then that's fine as well. As sometimes, (if it's not used to often) that can be quite a lot of fun for the reader piecing it together. (Like when the Warden showed up with a greentooth-we didn't need to see that beforehand, as it was kind of fun to discover it along with Belinda..And I really like how that was done..)

So if was something like that, then apologies for even bringing it up. As I was worried that I hadn't read an issue. And I like the way the Metrobay stories add up together into something greater than all the individual parts. It's an amazing universe you have all created here, and thanks so much for bringing it to life! :)
steverogers5

Re: More of a question for Dr Robo, than a request..

Postby Doctor Robo » December 19th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Hi there 'Cap',

You're pretty much spot on. The gap between "Tasty Treats" and "Special Orders" was intentional, to allow you to fill in the gaps with your own imagination. Uroboros and I were trying to tell that portion of the story in just one chapter, so certain story beats had to be sacrificed in order to get right to the heart of the action.

I'm glad to see that you have broken your silence. Welcome to the forums. We're glad to have you on board!

- Doc

P.S. - I took the liberty of moving this topic into my forum, as I figured it fit better here. Thanks for the question!
Doctor Robo

Re: More of a question for Dr Robo, than a request..

Postby steverogers5 » December 21st, 2010, 4:18 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:Hi there 'Cap',

You're pretty much spot on. The gap between "Tasty Treats" and "Special Orders" was intentional, to allow you to fill in the gaps with your own imagination. Uroboros and I were trying to tell that portion of the story in just one chapter, so certain story beats had to be sacrificed in order to get right to the heart of the action.

I'm glad to see that you have broken your silence. Welcome to the forums. We're glad to have you on board!

- Doc

P.S. - I took the liberty of moving this topic into my forum, as I figured it fit better here. Thanks for the question!

Ah, I see. That's a relief. I was worried I'd missed a story at some point.

No worries about moving this topic, as I should have realised that this was the place for asking this question in the first place. But I somehow kept thinking that only the writer/artist of each section was allowed to start new threads in their own sections. (Don't know how I got that idea.. :roll:)

Thanks for filling me in on my question..
steverogers5

Return to Doctor Robo