Halloween Havoc: The Bride

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Halloween Havoc: The Bride

Postby Doctor Robo » October 15th, 2010, 8:54 pm

It has become a bit of a tradition around MCcomix/HIPcomix for Finister Foul and I to regale our loyal readers with a little Halloween tale to celebrate the holiday season. This year is no different. For the fourth year in a row we are proud to present a spooky (yet sexy) Halloween fantasy for your viewing pleasure. We call it "Halloween Havoc: The Bride"!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=13369

This short story will run for four issues, beginning this Sunday. After that we will resume "Forbidden Fantasy" where we left off last weekend.

Enjoy!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Re: A Halloween traditon renewed...

Postby leto17 » October 16th, 2010, 1:33 am

Hello. Great! Thanks so much!

I'm so happy to see my Gothikka back!

This will be a great Halloween!
leto17

Re: A Halloween traditon renewed...

Postby Doctor Robo » October 17th, 2010, 1:19 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Halloween Havoc: The Bride” part one!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=13369

Since her return to the land of the living, Gothikka has kept a low profile. She has slowly and secretly begun to gather a cult of devoted followers, who are bent on carrying out her every whim. Now Metrobay’s dark mistress has decided to step up her efforts to reclaim her rightful place in the world, and taking a lovely bride is number one on her agenda. But who is the first target of her lustful desires? You’ll have to be a member of MCcomix.com to find out!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information, visit the Metrobay Comix wiki at: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/

Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/metrobaycomix
Doctor Robo

Re: Halloween Havoc: The Bride

Postby Akonkid » October 17th, 2010, 2:36 pm

I certainly have a soft spot for both Gothikka and for Crissy, so this is looking very good... and I am more than intrigued about the prospect of more girls joining the crew and of Crissy getting some new duds.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby cvn88 » October 17th, 2010, 7:39 pm

I must admit to feeling conflicted before checking out this story. With so many beautiful superheroines languishing in the background, so to speak, waiting for their chance to headline a story, and Crissy being featured quite a bit recently, I was hoping that someone else would get a chance to stand at center stage.

Then I read the first issue and was wowed by both the writing and the artwork - first rate all around! Already looking forward to part two.
cvn88

Postby Doctor Robo » October 17th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Thanks for the comments, Akonkid and cvn88. I really appreciate them. I think you'll really get a charge out of this story once it gets rolling. Crissy is definitely involved, but she is definitely not the main character.

By the way, I have uploaded the original "Halloween Havoc" from two years ago to the MCcomix free gallery. So, if you haven't seen it yet, here's your change to get caught up on the story.

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=13604

See you next week for part two of "The Bride"!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby madcap » October 17th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Fantastic. The scene where Chrissy had her neck bitten and her will drained away was super hot. I can't wait to see her new duds in the next issue! Doc, I love Gothikka's dialog...it definitley has that arrogant, somewhat cheesy classic comics feel. And Fin, your art is getting better and better all the time. The textures and detail on the characters' clothing just blows me away.
madcap

Postby leto17 » October 18th, 2010, 4:06 am

I am very pleased and happy. Thanks! This was a great start! It's great to see Gothikka in action again!

I was very happy to see her reveal some of her powers and speaking as well. She has a dark regal yet somewhat cheesy side that works very well.

I think Crissy was a good choice as her first victim. Although she has shown a bit of a naughty side lately in other stories, she can still play the sweet innocent victim well.

I am also of the suspicion that the Metropolis that Crissy was watching constituted a very nice bit of foreshadowing.

Thanks so much guys!

I know the vampiric thing was tough for you guys to reconcile since you don't go for blood (generally a good thing for a site likje this), but I think you handled it very well. Perfectly, in fact.
leto17

Postby Northern Chill » October 18th, 2010, 7:51 pm

A nice solid start to this Halloween tale...I must say, I can't remember many women handing treats out dressed like Crissy is in this story. Its definitely a treat...:D

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Doctor Robo » October 20th, 2010, 4:21 am

I am glad to hear that you all enjoyed the first chapter of "The Bride". Finister and I get a kick out of our annual Halloween story, and I'm happy you all do too!

Here's the cover for chapter two: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=13805

Check back in on Sunday to see what happens next!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » October 22nd, 2010, 8:47 am

So Far, I think you've done a really, really good job with Gothikka.

She is bad, but has a regal quality to her lacking in her when she was Kikka Brust, and in many villians. She has a certain class and panache. I think, in her own way, she cares about her servants. Of course, we'll have to see how these suppositions pan out.

I wonder what she would do with Hypnotica and Silver Satin?
leto17

Postby Trishbot » October 22nd, 2010, 2:42 pm

leto17 wrote:I wonder what she would do with Hypnotica and Silver Satin?

That's a good question....
Attachments
gothhypn.jpg
Trishbot

Postby leto17 » October 23rd, 2010, 8:26 am

AAWWWW she's so CUUUUTE!!!!!

Thanks Trish and Finister:)!
leto17

Postby Doctor Robo » October 24th, 2010, 12:45 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Halloween Havoc: The Bride” part two!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=13805

Ms. Metrobay and Omega Woman, two of Metrobay’s most respected and experienced superheroines, have seen just about everything in their decades of fighting crime. But they are about to be shocked to the core by the revelation that not only has one of their oldest enemies come back from the beyond, but she has transformed one of their young teammates into an obedient slave! Will our two intrepid heroines be able to take down the mistress of dark magik and her loyal servant, or are they doomed to join Gothikka’s growing cult? Find out in part two of “The Bride”, only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information, visit the Metrobay Comix wiki at: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/

Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/metrobaycomix
Doctor Robo

Postby Akonkid » October 24th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Well, I didn't quite know how to start this reply, so I'll be blunt.

Goth Blackout is the hottest thing to ever exist in Metrobay.

I was a fan of her much-appreciated, oft-ignored costumed concept many ages ago, but I had legitimately given up hope that her dark, desirous duds would ever debut in any recent story.

I'm glad to be pleasantly proven wrong. Blackout looks beyond amazing. Her poise, her outfit, her hair, her wicked and gleeful smile, her glaring, purple eyes, all of which were simply magical and alluring. That, alone, might have been enough to cement her place as a truly standout concept and character, and yet her actions and dialogue only jettisoned her into the stratosphere in my eyes. The way she gloats and toys with her superiors is cheer-worthy, and I could read a hundred issues of that without growing bored.

Not to knock her portrayal in Forbidden Fantasy and its lead-ins, but Crissy to me was always that naive and innocent girl that was sweet as sugar, bashful and demure, and plagued with worries and self-doubt. She was adorable rather than sexy, a girl-next-door rather than a lascivious supermodel. She was the type you'd want to give a hug to rather than bone. That makes her transition into Gothikka's goth helper all the sweeter. She is uninhibited, raunchy and raw. She's confident, controlled and controlling, and in her own words LIKES being a nasty, naughty girl. She's her polar opposite now, oozing with sexuality, standing up to heroines far her superior, and even mastering her own unpredictable powers like it's second nature. She's the perfect forbidden fruit, tainted goods, and corrupted innocent. And she's reveling in it (and so am I).

Temporary or not, this was the direction I'd always hoped she fall into, becoming the threat the Squad tried their earnest to lead her away from. The Squad was always worried and afraid of her abilities, and here she justifies their fears, proving to be a foe capable of confronting and even defeating legendary heroines like Omega Woman and Ms. Metrobay. This is Crissy if she realized her true potential, and it makes her a beautiful and fearsome creature.

I have to make some noise about Gothikka as well. I greatly enjoyed her surprising turn from Kikka into Gothikka and I've eagerly anticipated her confrontation with the Squad after all her years in dormancy, especially in light of how their past encounter ended. She doesn't disappoint. From the moment she pops up into the scene and her voice and smile alone sends shivers down the heroines' spines, I knew she was a fantastic villain. And now she's capable of going toe-to-toe with them. She's just as dark as ever, just as devious and lustful, and she knows she has the upper hand, which makes her banter and her boasting all the more enjoyable as well.

Naturally, Omega Woman and Ms. Metrobay are as glamorous as always, and it's great to see them react to their entire world being turned upside-down in a matter of moments. Gothikka had the element of surprise and used it well, resulting in their shock and disorientation leading to a great and naughty action scene. Their struggle was certainly commendable and they put up a valiant fight, but it's good to see that even a "legend" like Omega Woman can be caught off guard if she underestimates a "rookie" like Blackout.

Still, Blackout is the standout. Everything about this portrayal just "clicks" with me. Her look, her behavior, her enthusiasm and powers. Everything makes her the most interesting she's ever been, and in this rare case I genuinely wish she'd remain this way for a good long while. I know that eventually her "other" story in Forbidden Fantasy will need to carry on, and I'm enjoying that as well immensely, but this is the top for me. The old, insecure, quiet, shy, sweet, and pure Crissy is gone; long live the new, bold, active, naughty, and nasty Blackout with power to threaten the entire Squad with and the will to make her darkest desires come true.

Excellent issue, obviously. Very excellent.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Next

Return to Doctor Robo