Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste

Postby Doctor Robo » April 14th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Hey everyone... many of you know that your ol' pal Doc Robo has been on a semi-break for the past couple of months. Well, I'm pleased to say that my break is over and I'm ready to start cranking out hot Metrobay mind control comix once again!

My next endeavor is a medium-length tale with my talented friend MCtek. It's called "An Acquired Taste" and will feature a new villain we haven't seen much of yet... "The Collector"!

http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Collector

Here are the first two covers for "An Acquired Taste":

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=45786

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=45880

The first issue hits MCcomix.com on Sunday, April 22. Until then, if you have a question about the story feel free to leave it in this forum and we'll answer it as best we can!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Re: Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste

Postby Hector2 » April 15th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Hey Doc robo!

Thanks for coming back! I hope you have rested well.

About this story, I sure hope will be awesome! I have a little question: one of Akonkid’s earlier stories on this site is “Vanishing Act”, and its concept was by “The collector”. Does this author have any relationship with this character Alfonse Cornelius Quire, “the collector”?
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » April 22nd, 2012, 11:10 am

Hector2 wrote:Thanks for coming back! I hope you have rested well.

About this story, I sure hope will be awesome! I have a little question: one of Akonkid’s earlier stories on this site is “Vanishing Act”, and its concept was by “The collector”. Does this author have any relationship with this character Alfonse Cornelius Quire, “the collector”?

Thanks Hector. It's good to be back!

No, our character A.C. Quire and the real-life individual who goes by the name "The Collector" don't have anything to do with each other aside from a common pseudonym. ALL Metrobay characters are fictitious and none of them are based on any single individual, real or otherwise.

Enjoy the story!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » April 22nd, 2012, 11:13 am

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and MCtek are proud to present the first chapter of our newest series – “Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste” – exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=45786

To the public, Alphonse Cornelius Quire is an honest businessman and well-respected member of the art community. As owner and curator of the Metrobay Museum, he is at the forefront of the city’s creative renaissance. But what the public doesn’t know is that A.C. is a member of the secret Circle of ROPE, and is known to his fellow deviants and perverts alike as “The Collector!”

Now AC is fed up with ROPE chairman Max Indeks, and wants to lead the organization. So he has cooked up a scheme to impress his fellow ROPE members and oust Max from the top spot. But any general needs lieutenants, so AC’s first act is to enlist the help of one of Metrobay’s naughtiest villainesses… NOCTRISSA!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix and MCcomix.com, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » April 22nd, 2012, 9:32 pm

I'm happy that Noctrissa can be an object of desire. If only her former persona Irene Webb knew! Feel a bit sorry for Spiderretta-Ihope she gets some lovin'. As much as I love my Gothikka, perhaps she will learn to appreciate what she's lost. Noctrissa would look cute with Voltara! I also liek this dapper new bad guy. I wonder if this will trigger a fight between Gothikka and Belinda...
leto17

Postby Hector2 » April 29th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Oh my, where can I begin:

Well Would you believe that I was thinking about making a story about the Collector going to the FunHouse to… er… collect some DNA from a prisoner? So he could make a prohibited clone and condition her to be part of his new collection…

But this is so strangely close to my idea that I must see how develops and if I can’t sue you for plagiarism, at least see a better story than mine.

Talking seriously, I loved this part. It seems to leave a lot of interesting possibilities. If the dreaded Gothika comes back from her slumber, no doubt the Collector is the only villain who could confront her: I’m sure he has a lot of powerful artefacts in his collection, having ransacked Strangecraft’s exposition in Metrobay Museum already, I’m sure.

I loved to see that in jail everyone takes advantage of you, and that Belinda as the true power in the Funhouse is only known by few, it’s a secret even in the inner circle of R.O.P.E.

I’m anxious to see next issue!

PD: Noctrissa looks very sexy!
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » May 12th, 2012, 10:04 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and MCtek are proud to present chapter two of our latest series – “Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste” – exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=45880

A.C. Quire, known in Metrobay’s crime circles as “The Collector”, has enslaved fellow villain Noctrissa and enlisted her help with his secret plot. However, he isn’t done collecting servants for his cause, not by a long shot. Next on his list is a new face to the Metrobay crime scene, but one that he thinks will be worth every effort it takes to get her!

For more information on Metrobay Comix and MCcomix.com, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » May 26th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Dear Dr. Robo and McTek:

This series is great! Not only because you’re rescuing some characters from oblivion (let’s face it, Metrobay Universe is getting bigger and bigger every day) but for the gorgeous art.

I loved how you show that this place is at the frontier between Grime City and Midtown. Serves to explain that Cyberstar is doing well even when released from prison.

I think that we need to see more on the relationship between Quire’s and Monique.

The laser pistol was awesome! But Cyberstar seems strangely naïve for the Hacker extraordinaire she is, as we saw at “Club Pump”, she was really competent, but here she falls in Quire’s trap very easily.

Noctrissa and Cyberstar were very sexy, I love those images! Great art McTek!

I am very excited with this story because those characters were not well developed. Now is the chance to explore their possibilities. I am expecting next issue anxiously
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » May 27th, 2012, 8:22 am

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and MCtek are proud to present chapter three of our latest series – “Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste” – exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=46473

A.C. Quire has acquired (Ha! See what I did there? :P ) two technological and scientific geniuses to help him carry out his secret plot to bring down Max Indeks and take over the chairmanship of ROPE. But is A.C. cocky enough to invade APEX and use Max’s own company against him? And what fun little goodies will A.C. find at the lab once he gets there…?

Doctor Robo

Postby Ghosthand » May 27th, 2012, 9:08 am

Love the story so far. Part of me is hopeing that A.C. is looking to add some superheroine manniquins to his museum exibits but I am also looking for something totally new and interesting:) I guess I'll have to just wait and see what evil sceme he has cooked up.

One thought on the new look of the greybots, I love the sexier outfits but I think the control gem would have looked better on their foreheads. Then it could be explained that it was a fiberoptic link so they could recieve their programming by lazer instead of wireing. Of course it could be explained that their heads are already so full of technology that they had to move their modem down to their chest to make room:) That makes you think though what the new greybots human to machine ratio is now, are they becomming more machine than human?
Ghosthand

Postby Northern Chill » May 27th, 2012, 9:51 am

One thought on the new look of the greybots, I love the sexier outfits but I think the control gem would have looked better on their foreheads. Then it could be explained that it was a fiberoptic link so they could recieve their programming by lazer instead of wireing. Of course it could be explained that their heads are already so full of technology that they had to move their modem down to their chest to make room:) That makes you think though what the new greybots human to machine ratio is now, are they becomming more machine than human?

Hi Ghosthand,

Thought I'd jump in here and address this question. When myself and MCTek went over this change for the New Drone arc we did, we drew inspiration from Tecknophyle's postings and fiddled with a number of different looks for the "2.0" version of Franbot....gem on head and lower, more skin exposed or less, etc... I think we settled on the chest area for the thrallium gem to emphasize the gem conducting commands to all parts of the graybot body. Whether that makes them more or less human is a matter left to be explored. As you may have noticed, not all the graybots have been "upgraded" yet so it may be still in an experimental state.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Ghosthand » May 27th, 2012, 11:57 am

Northern Chill wrote:
Hi Ghosthand,

Thought I'd jump in here and address this question. When myself and MCTek went over this change for the New Drone arc we did, we drew inspiration from Tecknophyle's postings and fiddled with a number of different looks for the "2.0" version of Franbot....gem on head and lower, more skin exposed or less, etc... I think we settled on the chest area for the thrallium gem to emphasize the gem conducting commands to all parts of the graybot body. Whether that makes them more or less human is a matter left to be explored. As you may have noticed, not all the graybots have been "upgraded" yet so it may be still in an experimental state.

So, that is not just a interface.... it's a thrallium gem. The upgraded greybots now have a MC weapon system intalled possibly? It would be interesting to see the greybot testing or even see them finally sent into action. So far all we have really seen them used for is sex, not that I'm complaining or anything:) Since thrallium is in limited supply (I am assuming it is or there would be a lot more thrallium weapons out there) I'm sure that there probably are not going to be a lot of this type of greybots.
Ghosthand

Postby Northern Chill » May 27th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Ghosthand wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:
Hi Ghosthand,

So, that is not just a interface.... it's a thrallium gem. The upgraded greybots now have a MC weapon system intalled possibly? It would be interesting to see the greybot testing or even see them finally sent into action. So far all we have really seen them used for is sex, not that I'm complaining or anything:) Since thrallium is in limited supply (I am assuming it is or there would be a lot more thrallium weapons out there) I'm sure that there probably are not going to be a lot of this type of greybots.

I'm not sure how many "upgraded" graybots might be seen in the future..that would depend on Max Indeks and the fine cadre of writers we have here at MCComix.

As for graybot testing, well, that remains to be seen though some of their abilities are established in arcs such as Hell Hath No Fury...though the idea of an MC weapon built in has been briefly seen as well.

Glad you're enjoying the stories here, Ghosthand!!...Acquired Taste has been a fun read so far for me personally and like you, I look forward to seeing what Tek and Dr. Robo reveal in the coming chapters.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » May 28th, 2012, 8:06 am

Northern Chill wrote:Thought I'd jump in here and address this question. When myself and MCTek went over this change for the New Drone arc we did, we drew inspiration from Tecknophyle's postings and fiddled with a number of different looks for the "2.0" version of Franbot....gem on head and lower, more skin exposed or less, etc... I think we settled on the chest area for the thrallium gem to emphasize the gem conducting commands to all parts of the graybot body. Whether that makes them more or less human is a matter left to be explored. As you may have noticed, not all the graybots have been "upgraded" yet so it may be still in an experimental state.

See? I said that unknown person had to be a genius.

In any event, who's to say that the "skin" has to stay consistent even in the same individual? It's already been demonstrated (in the non-APEX graybots) that the nanotech making up the metallic part can be hidden/disguised/removed as needed to hide the assimilation. While the APEX models might not be as sophisticated, there's no reason to assume that said capability is entirely absent. It's easy to assume there are several designs (in terms of the skin layout) that could be switched around. Max might prefer the present breasts-exposed version while Tezuka (based on his demonstrated fetishes) might go for a more totally-metallic look.
Tecknophyle

Postby Doctor Robo » May 28th, 2012, 4:59 pm

Ghosthand wrote:That makes you think though what the new greybots human to machine ratio is now, are they becomming more machine than human?

The Graybots are still 100% human. The gray nanotech suits coat the women's bodies and provide a means of both offense and defense to the wearers. The collars (or gems) act as the method of control, linking their minds to each other and to the Controlunit. As in the case with "Convert Another", the suits are intended to be removable, and the programming will subconsciously remain for a long stretch of time even after the collars are removed. But together, the suits and collars turn the wearers into mindlessly obedient drones.

I don't even like to use the word 'cyborgs' to describe the Graybots, because in my mind a cyborg has technology implanted within, which these Graybots do not. The only thing inside their bodies is a dose of Thrallium, and perhaps a rogue nanoprobe or two, which is why you see their eyes turn green upon enslavement and conversion.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Next

Return to Doctor Robo