Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste

Postby Ghosthand » August 23rd, 2012, 10:03 pm

MacroLass wrote:
Champ wrote:
Ghosthand wrote:I think it's pretty clear that A.C is planning on replacing the heroines with robotic doubles. whether it works or not is not really what I'm interested in, it's what does he plan to do with the real ones? If I had a vote I would say brainwash them into criminals or common street whores. :twisted: I think it would be great to see one of the brainwashed heroines getting busted for commiting a crime or prostitution by their own robotic double!

That would be fun. All the remaining heroines would be wondering...WTF????...as they are called to capture or investigate!

If it hadn't already been done in MCTek's Prized Displays I would have thought that he was starting a superheroine collection. Seemed appropriate for a collector of things. I think the key lies with the duplicates. Both Rollergrrl and Daredoll get their powers from OBJECTS which means that dolls based on them could possibly have the powers of the originals.

To Champ, not if he changed their looks! This is Metrobay, that wouldn't be hard for him to do :)

To microLass, Although I would love to see the senario I put forth I think, even though it's been done before, that they are probably going to wind up on display in A.C.s museum. It just fits the character more.
Of course Doc could be in a very dark mood and have the heroines beheaded and their head mounted on plaques for A.Cs trophy room... Wouldn't that surprise the hell out of everyone!! :lol:
Ghosthand

Postby Hector2 » August 26th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Dear Robo and McTek:

This issue was low on sexy content, but instead gave us a lot of plot development and interesting thoughts about the robotic duplication.

First thing: I think the “specific instructions” part would be revisited later, because was mentioned twice. I think someone as cultured as A. C. seems to be could understand immediately the need to use those specific instructions in robots.

Second: When Fran the nanobot was chosen to try the new machine, I was thinking that if the nanobots could communicate this plan to whoever would be their boss, but given the machine was calibrated to ignore the “non biological material”, this was avoided ;)

Third: Is that a credible robotic duplicate? Did they solved the problem with the eyes?

Now, there is an anime called “The Big O” where there is a cute android girl, that seems like a real girl, only very shy, but she wants to be an human, and when she is at the city shopping like everyone else and gets into a elevator, the weight alarm goes on and she runs ashamed. I think there are lot of things that a robot can be identified from other humans, for example, just how much a robot weights?

@ Ghosthand: Well of course, but the point is, how replacing them could help him to overthrow Max at ROPE’s leadership?}

@ Champ: Maybe they are accustomed to this point to being replaced by clones and set up by villains (like “Chain Reaction” and the plot enacted by the Queen of Hearts at “Guardian Gals: Heartless”

@ MacroLass: That is an interesting thought: there are a lot of heroines without powers… could a robot “duplicate” the special flowers (flight, produce fire or ice) from a superheroine?

So, just for clarification: Two questions:

1. Does a robot weights the same that the body of his “donor”?
2. Could a robot duplicate super powers?

Thanks!

PD: Ghosthand, you have serious issues! ;)
Hector2

Postby pelusa1ca » August 29th, 2012, 8:44 am

Still loving this story. Cannot wait to see more.

Cheers,

P
Supporter of MCComix and HIPcomix
pelusa1ca

Postby Doctor Robo » September 8th, 2012, 8:24 pm

This has been a great stream of comments lately. Thanks to all of you who have participated - you've really given me a lot to consider!

Please keep the comments coming. I have enjoyed reading each and every one of them.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » September 9th, 2012, 10:42 am

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and MCtek present chapter 8 of their latest adventure in the “Grime City Stories” series called “An Acquired Taste”, only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=55188

The villainous A.C. Quire, known throughout Metrobay’s criminal underground as “The Collector”, has successfully stolen Gilbert Petto’s doll technology. Now, with the help of Cyberstar and Noctrissa, he has made a perfect robotic copy of the lovely Fran Hill. A.C. plans to test out his new “Frandroid”, making sure ALL of her programs work to perfection, but what if one major feature isn’t working as anticipated?

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » September 10th, 2012, 10:13 am

Great installment. I especially enjoyed the side by side comparison of Franbot and Frandroid's oral skills.

We also had an interesting set of insights into A.C.'s personality, such as how he is a demanding perfectionist and let all the blame for Frandroid's lack of speech skills fall on Noctrissa even though he knew Cyberstar bore the blame.

Noctrissa also looks good, and I'm curious to see what the punishment is. Plus what happens with Frandroid next!
leto17

Postby Sumatra » September 11th, 2012, 12:17 am

Loving this story! Fran's probably the hottest woman in Metrobay. Think AC should've made a triplet copy.
Sumatra

Postby Doctor Robo » September 11th, 2012, 6:00 pm

leto17 wrote:Great installment. I especially enjoyed the side by side comparison of Franbot and Frandroid's oral skills.

We also had an interesting set of insights into A.C.'s personality, such as how he is a demanding perfectionist and let all the blame for Frandroid's lack of speech skills fall on Noctrissa even though he knew Cyberstar bore the blame.

Noctrissa also looks good, and I'm curious to see what the punishment is. Plus what happens with Frandroid next!

Thanks! We wanted to make A.C. just as much of a bastard as Max, perhaps even more so. I'm glad it worked out!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » September 11th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Sumatra wrote:Loving this story! Fran's probably the hottest woman in Metrobay. Think AC should've made a triplet copy.

I agree! She's definitely in my top 5, that's for sure. Northern Chill and Finister Foul did a great job on her design. :)

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Sumatra » September 14th, 2012, 12:24 am

Wondering why Frandroid needs to talk. Franbot doesn't seem to have anything important to say.

Thinking Noctrissa's going to get a surprise being alone with the two graybots. Good setup for that.

Brief but awesome issue.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby MacroLass » September 14th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Sumatra wrote:Wondering why Frandroid needs to talk. Franbot doesn't seem to have anything important to say.

Frandroid was just a test. I'm sure Quire's plan must involve the captured heroines speaking in some fashion.

- ML
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » September 16th, 2012, 11:09 am

Dear Doc Robo and McTek:

Well, after reading “An acquired Taste” # 8, I feel confused: Yes, they need robots to pass for other people, and as long as is involved with sex, they pass the test, but their eyes still have no pupils, and the fact they cannot talk is strange because MONA and TROPHY certainly can, even when they can talk almost normally, (Ted Twiss models seems to talki in a robotic monotone, but Petto’s robots seem to talk like a human being). So, what happened?

And I don’t understand Quire’s attitude. Maybe he wants to be a Bond Villain? The Bloefeld ploys means to shoot a lowly underlined just when you have James Bond in your hands, just to make a point. But what is (and to whom is aimed) the point Quire is trying to make? You can lie to me as long as I realize it? You can blame anyone else as long I punish someone?

This kind of management seems to make Max like a better boss… scary thought!
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » September 23rd, 2012, 2:28 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Doc Robo and McTek:

Well, after reading “An acquired Taste” # 8, I feel confused: Yes, they need robots to pass for other people, and as long as is involved with sex, they pass the test, but their eyes still have no pupils, and the fact they cannot talk is strange because MONA and TROPHY certainly can, even when they can talk almost normally, (Ted Twiss models seems to talki in a robotic monotone, but Petto’s robots seem to talk like a human being). So, what happened?

And I don’t understand Quire’s attitude. Maybe he wants to be a Bond Villain? The Bloefeld ploys means to shoot a lowly underlined just when you have James Bond in your hands, just to make a point. But what is (and to whom is aimed) the point Quire is trying to make? You can lie to me as long as I realize it? You can blame anyone else as long I punish someone?

This kind of management seems to make Max like a better boss… scary thought!

I can promise you it will all make sense very soon. :D
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » September 23rd, 2012, 2:30 pm

Sumatra wrote:Wondering why Frandroid needs to talk. Franbot doesn't seem to have anything important to say.

Thinking Noctrissa's going to get a surprise being alone with the two graybots. Good setup for that.

Brief but awesome issue.

-Sumatra

Thanks! Yeah, A.C. definitely has something up his sleeve for Noctrissa. But what could it be?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » October 7th, 2012, 9:33 pm

Hello.

I just saw the cover for the upcoming issue of An Acquired Taste. I am really, really, REALLY looking forward to seeing what happens to Rollergrrl. She's always been one of my favorites, and I often feel she doesn't get enough play. Glad to see her again!
leto17

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo