Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste

Postby Doctor Robo » October 14th, 2012, 2:10 pm

leto17 wrote:Hello.

I just saw the cover for the upcoming issue of An Acquired Taste. I am really, really, REALLY looking forward to seeing what happens to Rollergrrl. She's always been one of my favorites, and I often feel she doesn't get enough play. Glad to see her again!

Glad to hear it. Hope you like this week's chapter!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » October 14th, 2012, 2:10 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and MCtek present chapter 9 of their latest adventure in the “Grime City Stories” series called “An Acquired Taste”, only at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=57283

Now that Noctrissa has been banished by A.C. for her apparent failures, the pressure is on Cyberstar to make sure the android duplicates come out just right. So who will be the next test subject, and will Cyberstar be able to succeed where her punished colleague could not?

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » October 20th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Dear Doc Robo and McTek:

Wait! So this was a little sabotage for Cyberstar? I know it’s in character (she had always been a trickster) but I would have believed that the mind control device would inhibite such cheaty behavior. Obviously I was wrong.

But what about old A. C.? Is he really that naïve? Or is he manipulating the manipulator? I don’t have idea, but this is going well…

And where could it be they took Noctrissa? I suppose we’ll know soon…

I loved the little “gasp” the unconscious Rollergirl gives when she is “scanned”, body and mind, by the strange device.

Now, I love that device, they can make a robot (but still with the eyes problem) exactly identical to an human… but McTek still draw a squared dialogue bubble, so that means it sounds robotic? Or only that is her way of talking?

The real advantage I see is that now A. C. has a robot who is a complete duplicate of Rollergirl, but also completely subservient to him. The best of both worlds!

I am anxious to see next issue!

PD: could you at least answer some of my questions? Only those not plot related, please? Thanks!
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » October 21st, 2012, 4:10 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Doc Robo and McTek:

Wait! So this was a little sabotage for Cyberstar? I know it’s in character (she had always been a trickster) but I would have believed that the mind control device would inhibite such cheaty behavior. Obviously I was wrong.

But what about old A. C.? Is he really that naïve? Or is he manipulating the manipulator? I don’t have idea, but this is going well…

And where could it be they took Noctrissa? I suppose we’ll know soon…

I loved the little “gasp” the unconscious Rollergirl gives when she is “scanned”, body and mind, by the strange device.

Now, I love that device, they can make a robot (but still with the eyes problem) exactly identical to an human… but McTek still draw a squared dialogue bubble, so that means it sounds robotic? Or only that is her way of talking?

The real advantage I see is that now A. C. has a robot who is a complete duplicate of Rollergirl, but also completely subservient to him. The best of both worlds!

I am anxious to see next issue!

PD: could you at least answer some of my questions? Only those not plot related, please? Thanks!

Well, since you asked so nicely...

- A standard Greentooth earpiece device forces Cyberstar to obey her master, but she can still otherwise think on her own. That's assuming, of course, that the Greentooth she is wearing is 'standard' at all.

- I think A.C. is so focused on his goal of deposing max that he doesn't care how it gets done. If he has to fire one of his 'employees' along the way, so be it.

- Speaking of which, we'll find out Noctrissa's fate soon enough.

- Yes, these new robots are a slight 'improvement' on Gilbert's design, and are closer to human than ever before. There are, however, still some telltale signs if you know what to look for. But are those signs noticeable enough to someone who is unaware of the robots' true nature?
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » November 18th, 2012, 7:50 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo and MCtek are proud to bring you the tenth and final chapter of “Grime City Stories: An Acquired Taste”, exclusively at MCcomix.com!

Cover page: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=71477

We know that the villainous big game hunter and art aficionado A.C Quire has nabbed two of the city’s cutest crimefighters and taken them to his secret chamber deep inside Metrobay Museum. He has even gone so far as to steal some of Gilbert Petto’s robot-making technology so he can create dolly duplicates of DareDoll and RollerGrrl. We also know that A.C. has devised some sort of plot so insidious that he hopes it will appease the depraved Circle of ROPE and convince them to make him their new leader.

But what is Quire’s ultimate goal? He has made off with these two heroines and created two android clones in their image. What could he possibly have planned? You’ll find out the conclusion of “An Acquired Taste”, available in the MCcomix members area now!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » November 21st, 2012, 6:42 pm

Hi there Doc Robo and McTek:

An Acquired Taste # 10 was easily my favorite issue in this run. I must admit that I feel very strange everytime I saw the robots. I mean, sure, they are robots and no clones, but I think for the audience point of view, is very obvious those are not human beings, unless human beings covered in plastic.

So my question is that if In Universe, those robots could be mistaken for humans? Even with the problem of the eyes?

However, the part I really liked was to see the destiny of those robots. I loved to see the machine that could “scan” a human and duplicate a robot (like a 3d printer!), and the part where the robot shows absolute obedience to its master was great, but the part where they pick up the originals to send them to their doom was great!

Now, about the “superheroine” pose, it is one of my favorites, and the comment you did about the drugs seems to explain why they can hold a pose if they are slowly awakening from a slumber. The part that I really miss is that they’re both nude. In my mind, a true collector will try to get the superheroine with his costume. It’s part of the package, so to speak, however, A. C. Quire seems someone who can appreciate better a superheroine nude.

No doubt, my favorite pages are 112 and 113. With a soft moaning (I know they were thinking, but I would like to consider that a moan), those superheroines are sent to a inmovile status. Also seeing their replacements dressed as hers, ready to infiltrate their groups to add to A. C.’s collection.

The speech at the last page was fantastic; I loved every word of it, displayed with the heroines being showed at her pedestals. I think that a plaque showing her names (or superheroines codes) would have been awesome, but A. C., could think of that later. The part I loved to see was Noctrissa’s fate. And let me tell you: If this is the kind of punishment A.C. is planning for every of ther hench women, I would understand very well why he is willing to “punish” any transgression, real or not.

I love the collaboration between artist and writer you have crafted a truly great story, thanks!
Hector2

Postby hopelessbttrying » November 29th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Went back to the Metrobay comix site and wasn't Rollerdoll under the control of the guy that had club pump wouldn't he be a little miffed that someone stole one of his prizes?
Doesn't ever villain already know the secret id of all the heroes ?
They've had them under their sway on and off.
hopelessbttrying

Postby leto17 » December 3rd, 2012, 5:57 pm

Thanks for this great series. All in all I really enjoyed it, especially with the inclusion of Danibot and Rollergrrl's sexy fembot double.
leto17

Postby Doctor Robo » December 24th, 2012, 11:32 am

Hi everyone. I'll answer some of your questions as best I can:

@Leto17: Thanks! I have enjoyed writing these doll stories, and I'm glad you have enjoyed reading them!

@hopelessbttrying: We plan to address the inconsistencies between "An Acquired Taste" and "Club Pump" in a new story called "Emcon". Suffice to say, "An Acquired Taste" takes place after the "Club Pump" storyline is resolved.

@Hector2: In my mind Gilbert's dolls (and their offshoots) can be mistaken for humans under certain circumstances, like if you look at them from a distance or they are covered in clothing. But yes, anyone who knows the REAL people will notice the dolls are fakes rather quickly. We kind of addressed that in "King of Hooter County" when the West triplets realized they were talking to LISA and not Ms. Metrobay. That basically goes the same for MONA, SARA, Frandroid, and the RollerGrrl and DareDoll clones.

We did consider having the heroines on display in their costumes, but we needed the costumes for the doll duplicates. Maybe they need to steal a second set of uniforms for the museum?

Thanks for all of your questions and comments. We appreciate them!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Previous

Return to Doctor Robo