Grime City Stories: Illicit Rendezvous

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: Illicit Rendezvous

Postby leto17 » May 16th, 2010, 12:07 pm

I really, really enjoyed the previous chapter as its good to have the robounits back! I also look forward to seeing future tweaks in the robounit's programming. Ginger's punishment was also appropriate. What max did fit him perfectly . Good choice! The new chapter was excellent as well. You know, in addition to their day jobs, all these side jobs as enslaved sex pets really must keep the girls busy!
leto17

Postby Northern Chill » May 16th, 2010, 2:11 pm

A good wrap-up to the Rendezvous arc though I am a little disconcerted that the Greentooth device is perhaps too powerful. It seems now to enslave just by gazing on it rather than attaching and activating it on the target...just me but it seems a bit inconsistent from when it was originally introduced back in "Wireless".

Looks like the Dairy King is returning....time to get those milk orders ready...;)
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Tecknophyle » May 16th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Northern Chill wrote:A good wrap-up to the Rendezvous arc though I am a little disconcerted that the Greentooth device is perhaps too powerful. It seems now to enslave just by gazing on it rather than attaching and activating it on the target...just me but it seems a bit inconsistent from when it was originally introduced back in "Wireless".

Very inconsistent. It's suffering from power creep. It needs to be toned down or else you're going to run into the Superman problem: an idiot plot would be needed to explain why with all the power available the character simply doesn't do (X) all the time, where (X) is a previously demonstrated power.
Tecknophyle

Postby Doctor Robo » May 17th, 2010, 5:20 am

Trishbot wrote:... and maybe it's just me, but did the poor girl ever get to pee? Those mind controllers can be so insensitive when it comes to a woman's needs.

Ummm, yeah. Sure she did! She was coming out of the restroom, not going in, when she was stopped by Brown Sugar. Yeah, that's the ticket! :P

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » May 17th, 2010, 5:24 am

Tecknophyle wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:A good wrap-up to the Rendezvous arc though I am a little disconcerted that the Greentooth device is perhaps too powerful. It seems now to enslave just by gazing on it rather than attaching and activating it on the target...just me but it seems a bit inconsistent from when it was originally introduced back in "Wireless".

Very inconsistent. It's suffering from power creep. It needs to be toned down or else you're going to run into the Superman problem: an idiot plot would be needed to explain why with all the power available the character simply doesn't do (X) all the time, where (X) is a previously demonstrated power.

I'm not sure if that's 100% true, but you may be onto something. The earpieces, while powerful, are not infallible. If you'll recall, Ms. Metrobay was freed from one when it simply fell out of her ear during some heavy, er, aerobic activity. :)

At any rate, I'll do my best to keep things as consistent as possible regarding the earpieces' power, while still trying to offer a variety of enslavement methods for our lovely ladies.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your great comments! They are much appreciated!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby cvn88 » May 17th, 2010, 12:07 pm

My take on the hypnotic nature of the greentooth was that if it had been removed from view (or had been in Brown Sugar's other ear, for example) then the results would have been minimal,sort of a "sorry, my mind wandered for a second" situation. But the constant exposure to the thrallium in it (I hope I'm remembering the thrallium part right) was what led to such a drastic effect.

But I do like how you wrapped up this story - here's hoping Brown Sugar keeps her new job for some time to come.
cvn88

Postby begbie_rentonspud » May 19th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Hi Doc,

Just wanted to give you some mad props on the work. "Illicit Rendezvous" has to be one of my favorite storylines since "Carnal Knowledge" way back at Hip Comix. Crazy mad kudos! Can't wait for your next big epic. I'm pretty sure it's going to be mind blowing.

Begbie_Rentonspud
begbie_rentonspud

Previous

Return to Doctor Robo