Character Conversation #4: Snowflake

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

On a scale of 0-5, with 5 being the best, how do you rate Snowflake?

No votes
No votes
No votes
19%
50%
31%

Total votes : 16

Character Conversation #4: Snowflake

Postby Doctor Robo » January 25th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Whether she's partnering with her best pal Solaria, or getting into trouble on her own, there's no doubt that Snowflake has made a name for herself within the Superheroine Squad and its junior auxiliary, Grrl Power. So what is it about this bubbly blonde that makes her so popular? Speak up and let your voice be heard!

Snowflake's Metrobay Universe wiki page: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/page/Snowflake

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Re: Character conversation #4: Snowflake

Postby Trishbot » January 25th, 2010, 10:11 pm

I adore Snowflake.

For me, she represents everything I love about these comics; she's beautiful, trouble-prone, and FUN.

I'm honestly surprised at how far she's come. From a brief one-shot character to an almost ever-present universe-jumping heroine. Wherever she goes, she lightens the mood considerably while also making it sexier. She's beautifully designed, cleverly handled, and originally developed.

She's a great foil for all the many more series characters, including her best friend Solaria, and she has that special ability to sort of blend into any storyline and contrast with any character. I dare say, more than any other character, she's the one who has developed the strongest friendships with the majority of her teammates, whether she's hanging out with Solaria, training with Valient Grrl, learning moves from RollerGrrl, getting intimate with Alpha Woman, being mentored by Jade Lightning, "mentoring" Blackout and Spellweaver, trading quips with Troublina, getting hypnotized by Hypnotica, sharing milk stations with Brown Sugar and Ms. Metrobay, or any other variety of characters and situations. As a counter to someone like MilkMaid, Snowflake could literally fit anywhere with any theme: robots, milk tanks, alternate dimensions, bondage games, college craziness, zombies, time travel, magic, science, outer space, etc. And that flexibility and the fun she brings with it makes her a truly memorable and irreplacable character.

One of my faves and a favorite of many others I'm sure
Trishbot

Postby Akonkid » January 25th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Yeah, I absolutely agree. No other character has made me laugh as hard as Snowflake has. I have alot of love for the character. She's extremely cheerful, optimistic, and bubbly. She's quite clueless at times, but while she plays to the "dumb blond" stereotype she's proven to be more than capable of handling herself and even saving the day, as shown in "Tasty Treats" and "Hypnotica".

Storywise, Snowflake has never "lead" a comic of her own, which is a surprising, but she may be my favorite supporting cast member. As Trishbot said, she has amazing chemistry with practically every character she's shared a page with and I eagerly look forward to seeing her socialize with various superheroes and villains. While she and Solaria are beautifully polar opposites, I think I may just enjoy her and Troublina's bratty banter even more. But she does compliment a variety of stories and characters and her lighthearted appeal suits her well for zany stores like "Tasty Treats" and "Changeling".

On to her looks... hot damn. I'm not usually into blond girls, but Snowflake is simply irresistable. For starters, I think her outfit is the pinnacle of a superhero's design. It's sleek, skin-tight, superpowers-themed, and sexy without being silly. It's a perfect costume. I'm also not normally into pigtails, but she sports them exceptionally well. But without a doubt, her best assets are the bubble butt she's got and the perky breasts she's packing. The perv in me loves how her nipples are always a tad visible, which makes sense given her cold powers. I like how she's actually a "tad" thick compared to other heroines, like the amazonian Valient Grrl or the skinny Blackout. She's got curves and it's very fetching.

Overall, Snowflake is a great character for me to read about. She's charming and cute, surprising and talented, funny and flawed, and interesting and sexy, which is all anyone could ever ask for. A 5-Star character in my books.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby ashleychloroformed » January 26th, 2010, 12:55 am

Can't sum it up better than Akonkid n Trishbot.

I loved the latest role of her in Hypnotica's comic :mrgreen:
ashleychloroformed

Postby leto17 » January 26th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Plus she has cranial "handlebars" for, well, you know ;)
leto17

Postby Doctor Robo » January 31st, 2010, 9:16 pm

Snowflake is a peculiar character for me because of where she came from, as much as where she is now. She was created by Finister Foul for one of the original request comics over on HIPcomix.com, so in a sense she was never really intended to become such an integral part of the Superheroine Squad, nor the Metrobay Universe as a whole. Then again, when she was created there wasn't really much of a Squad or Universe to speak of. One could make the argument that Snowflake's development over the years has mirrored the development of the Metrobay Universe as a whole. Neither was created with much of a long-term plan in mind, but through the combination of time, teamwork, and imagination both have become more than originally intended. That's why Snowflake will always have meaning to me, because she may personify the Metrobay Universe more than any other character, at least from my point of view.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » February 5th, 2010, 8:09 pm

She is versatile, an excellent foil for Solaria, and made a great slaveunit as a twist in the HER storyline.
leto17

Postby Trishbot » February 7th, 2010, 11:13 am

leto17 wrote:She is versatile, an excellent foil for Solaria, and made a great slaveunit as a twist in the HER storyline.

I forgot how cool it was when Kyla became Alpha Woman's personal love pet. That was an extremely hot scene.
Trishbot

Re: Character Conversation #4: Snowflake

Postby Akonkid » February 7th, 2010, 11:56 am

Snowflake has always been a great character, and between "Hypnotica" and her extended cameo in "Platinum Earth", she's never had a hotter streak.

The recent "Platinum Earth", however, really pushed her into new, darker territory. She basically sold out her friends and slept with the enemy! It's easily her "weakest" moment, but it's a great shift and perspetive on her. It humanizes her and shows how much more she has to learn. For a heroine, she just did one of the most cowardly and evil things I've seen yet. Incredibly selfish, but interesting nonethless. I'm very eager to see what the fallout of her actions will be.
Akonkid

Postby the_collector » February 8th, 2010, 11:30 am

Following the events in The Platinum Earth, I think Snowflake went up several points as an interesting character. Before, she was a kind of ditzy character, who had occasional flashes of brilliance, and as mentioned by others, she was the cloud cuckoolander girl-next-door to Solaria's pragmatic and haughty princess.

But now she's been given an unexpected depth! Not only did her character make a sudden shift in character, but it was handled in a believable manner. She's only thinking of home, and it seems the longer she is away from her beloved Metrobay, the more she begins to lose a sense of who she is and what she stands for.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what else lies in store for her down the road.
the_collector

Postby leto17 » February 9th, 2010, 7:15 am

I almost forgot to mention that I really appreicated her naughty illict side in the Hypnotica series; her sex scenes were very hot, espeically when she was controlled. She also made a great milker:).
leto17

Postby ashleychloroformed » March 16th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Glad to see Snowflake has a naughty side in her part for Hypnotica. Especially being with Hypnotica's boyfriend. :mrgreen:
ashleychloroformed

Postby Akonkid » June 5th, 2010, 10:57 pm

Snowflake's come an extremely long way, both good and bad.

I don't know when exactly she became sort of the heroine that NEEDED maturing. On one hand, I don't mind her growing into her role as a superheroine and becoming more talented, confident, and skilled. On the other, I really really REALLY hope that doesn't mean she'll get all serious again anytime soon.

I've found that 98% of the Metrobay characters are all pretty serious and business-first. Snowflake works because she's the total opposite of that. She's FUN. She both enjoys her powers and she enjoys being a young girl. She's the polar opposite of her best friend, Solaria, in almost every regard. Solaria always seems moody and mature, while Snowflake is upbeat, wild, and at times immature. My favorite moments from her Platinum Earth appearance strangely weren't her mind control portions, or her "corruption", or her heroic self-sacrifice; they were of her freaking out from the robots rambling on about "why is it ALWAYS robots?" In Hypnotica, it was amazing seeing her cut loose and fight off her best friend, but my favorite moments remain her banter with Troublina and her celebration at small victories (like resisting Troublina's advances and hacking into the computers.) I thought she was hot in Sentius's mass enslavement and her sex scenes with Alpha Woman were awesome, but I actually prefer her bubbly, airheaded personality, stretching from her confusion at Solaria's enslavement to her mistaking "H.E.R." for a new dance club.

Snowflake at her most basic is how I enjoy her most. She's developed and matured a lot, but in this regard I actually wouldn't mind her recapturing some of that innocence and peppy spirit I feel she's lost. There's so many other heroines that probably could use a more rigorous development (like Swallow, Violet Star, Spellweaver, and even Omega Woman), and I simply enjoy Snowflake as the ditzy, blond comic-relief type. That's not something to shy away from, but a quirk to fully embrace. Which is a very roundabout way of saying she makes me feel good and I want more of that.
Akonkid

Return to Doctor Robo