Favorite non-'super' Metrobay character?

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Who is your favorite non-'super' Metrobay character?

Belinda Giolla
15%
Ginger Monroe
No votes
Dani Jordan
8%
Penny Nichol
8%
Carla Bello
No votes
Patti Summers
12%
Raquel Summers
8%
Warden Marcia Smith
15%
Mayor Vanessa Turner
15%
Erica Donovan
8%
Haley Swift
8%
Maggie MacGilleycuddy
4%
Vivian Indeks
No votes
Brunhilda Krammpacher
No votes

Total votes : 26

Favorite non-'super' Metrobay character?

Postby Doctor Robo » January 20th, 2010, 11:27 am

We all know that superheroine and supervillains are the backbone of the Metrobay Universe, but there are a number of characters who do not have any powers or special abilities (or don't regularly wear costumes) who also inhabit our little world. So, of the list attached, who are your favorites - and why? Who have we done a godo job on, and who needs some more work and/or exposure? Let's hear it!

As always, we invite you to familiarize yourself with the Metrobay Universe by visiting our wiki here: http://metrobay.wetpaint.com

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Re: Favorite non-'super' Metrobay character?

Postby Akonkid » January 20th, 2010, 12:28 pm

As is often the case, non-superpowered characters are often more compelling than their superhuman counterparts. Superheroes often rely on their powers like a crutch and in situations where their powers are useless or they have their powers taken away they often panic and fail (Jade Lightning, Valient Grrl, and Pink Pussycat being notable examples).

But non-powered characters you can root for more. They don't have have that extra perk so they have to really work hard to compensate, much like Brown Sugar utilizes everything at her disposal.

Picking just 2 characters was difficult, but I picked my favorites, but I'm going to list my top 4.

"Patti Summers" - Chalk this one up to personal bias, but even if she wasn't highly similar to a certain girl I know, she'd be a favorite of mine. She was one of the first characters to provide an extended civilian perspective. Most of the other "normal" characters are still either scientists, police officers, politicians, or related to a heroine or major villain in some way. She was one of the first just plain "normal girls" who could care less about spandex-clad heroes, evil robots, or mad scientists. She'd just prefer getting her homework done and watching TV on her couch with her boyfriend. More than any other character, see provides the comics with a strong sense of normality and familiarity. She seems like someone you could actually meet and have a good time with.

And that makes her continued habit of getting mind controlled extremely satisfying. A superheroine getting mind controlled is to be expected, but poor Patti is that girl-next-door that we always DID want to hypnotized and do fiendish things to. Every issue she's been in has been a highlight for me with bold and original ideas (from the thrallium ice cream to the milk tanks to her Tasty Treats job to the Hot Summer's Night scene where her mom "teaches" her how to do a better blowjob, etc.)

Also, like many, I had assumed Patti had been running around causing mischief in Trishbot's "Hypnotica". I won't spoil it for those that haven't read it (go read it now), but things aren't what I expected, and I EAGERLY await Patti's opinion on the whole ordeal.

"Belinda Giolla" - Belinda is a joy to see in the comics, mainly because she's almost the EXACT opposite of a heroine like Ms. Metrobay. To ellaborate, Ms. Metrobay is a tall, blond-haired, big breasted, youthful looking, brightly costumed and slightly old-fashioned woman. Belinda is small, dark, small-breasted, mature, wears grays and blacks and kinky as hell. I was told once she's actually the pinnacle of the "self-made" woman, a girl of average physique in a city of a decided above-average gene pool, in a career full of sexist, chauvanistic pigs, and yet she managed to rise to the top through sheer will-power, raw talent, and ruthless ambition. And reading about her, you can see why, as well as why, despite not being a walking blow-up doll like Ms. Metrobay, many still consider her gorgeous.

She has charisma to spare, a flare for the dramatic (dressing up her slaves, "torturing" Ted Twiss with Mechana, etc.), confidence in her own vast intelligence and admiration for her own slender body, and she has a great habit of turning lemons into lemonade (heroine break in? Enslave her. Lost you playthings? Make a new one. Got arrested? Control and have sex with the hot warden of the prison). She's bright but also hot-headed and she and Ted Twiss always have the best chemistry and smoldering sexual tension ("I hate you!... but dang if I don't want to see you in a french maid outfit!" "Go to hell.... you picked a robot over me!") I'm extremely happy she's back to doing what she does best in "Changing of the Guard".

"Warden Smith" - When Marcia Smith first appeared, I wasn' that fond of her. She was rather unattractive, unoriginally named, and seemed like just a witty throw-away character. And that's also why I'm an idiot.

Warden Smith earns my respect for being a dynamic, authoritative, resourceful, and courageous individual. She seized control of the single-most dangerous place in Metrobay and hammered in order and compliance. The fact that most inmates are misogynistic womanizers and she's an attractive woman likely made that even more difficult and her success all the more noteworthy. Even her niece Silver Satin admitted she joined the police force due to her aunt's influence over her.

And now she's a slave. A spectacular and unexpected fall from grace that has provided new insights into her character. For starters, holy smokes, she is absolutely GORGEOUS. Possibly my favorite redhead in the series (and there's some memorable ones). She was one of those beautiful women that downplayed her sexuality, but now Max and Belinda have brought it to the forefront and the world is better for it.

I'd LOVE to see more of Warden Smith, especially now that's she's under Max and Belinda's control, and to see her cross paths with familiar faces, such as her friend Chief Coleman, Mayor Turner, Silver Satin, or Ms. Metrobay.

"Mayor Turner" - Just like Warden Smith, Mayor Turner is incredibly hot because she's actually an incredible woman. Her life history is a triumph of brains, beauty, and ability. A beauty pageant winner, a lauded scholar and politician, and an extremely capable leader of one of the most corrupt cities in the world.

Which of course makes her status as Max's little pet all the more erotic and interesting. She has a unique look that makes her appear both vastly intelligent and yet highly sexual. I greatly enjoy reading her thoughts and she shares her history, ranging from past relationships to current lust for Ms. Metrobay, as well as the fact she is entirely unable to differentiate her own thoughts from those Max implants in her head.

Just the notion that Max has control of the most powerful woman in the city, and that she's an absolute fox, is incredible and I hope to see more of that dynamic in the future.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby Trishbot » January 20th, 2010, 12:58 pm

I'm not sure how fair it is to pit old-timers like Ginger, Warden Smith, and Patti against gals like Maggie, Carla, or Erica, most of whom haven't had a proper chance to leave more than a page or two of an impression...

... so my vote may change, but I voted for Warden Smith, because I like her look and her fun and naughty storyline, and I voted for Raquel Summers because she's ripe for a 'hot-for-teacher' fantasy and I'm baffled Doc Robo, Mister "Robot Teacher", hasn't gone wild with her yet. Kudos for all that self-restraint.
Trishbot

Postby Doctor Robo » January 24th, 2010, 8:55 am

Trishbot wrote:I'm not sure how fair it is to pit old-timers like Ginger, Warden Smith, and Patti against gals like Maggie, Carla, or Erica, most of whom haven't had a proper chance to leave more than a page or two of an impression...

That's a very good point, which is why I set up the poll so people can change their votes if they feel like it. For example, after "Penny For Her Thoughts" is finished people might have a different opinion about Penny Nichol and Carla Bello than they do now. This poll isn't going anywhere, so hopefully we can revisit it over the course of time.

And by the way, you all are allowed to select two characters in the poll. I didn't make that clear in my initial post.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Return to Doctor Robo